1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

At The Right Time

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Oct 18, 2016.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you stayblessed. Next episode is on the way...

2. blackbeauty84

Chapter-23

When Jai said ,’I think I know where Priya is’ everyone looked in his direction and saw that he was looking at a window. ‘She must be in Trichy with her in-laws.’ Jai added.

He looked at Meera’s ring. ‘Priya has told me that her father-in-law is a diamond merchant’

Chairman looked at Jai and said ‘Sounds possible Jai.. sounds possible. Do you know his name, show room name or something?’

‘No. All I know is he is diamond merchant in Trichy..’

‘Dad can someone working with army help? We know Col.Ganesh from Trichy expired three years before while serving in Siachen and his father is a diamond merchant in Trichy.’

Chairman thought for few seconds and said, ‘Let’s call our Admin head Col. Mukund and check how to proceed.’

‘Good evening Col Mukund.’

‘Good evening Chairman’

‘Need a help. I want to find out address of a person who was with Indian Army. His name is Col.Ganesh. He is from Trichy and he expired three years before while serving in Siachen. Seems his father is in diamond business. We don’t know any other details than this but we need his address in Trichy. How would you go about it.?’

‘By any chance is this concerning our ex employee Priya?’ asked Col.Mukund.

‘Yes..Yes..Do you know her?’

‘I know her pretty well. My brother and Ganesh joined army at the same time and they are thick friends.’

‘Do you have details about Ganesh’s family?’ chairman asked.

‘What is this regarding? I know Priya quit the organization….’

‘A personal problem…One of our director….’

‘That must be Jaishankar.’ Col. Mukund said without hesistation.

‘....Yes I have Jaishankar with me here. Can you drop by to my place? We need your assistance.’

‘Sure. I’m starting home anyways.I will be there in 15 minutes.’

Chairman took several official calls in-between; his wife was overseeing dinner arrangements while Srikanth and Meera were chatting. Jai sat alone thinking how to proceed next.

‘Jai. It seems many tried reaching your mobile. I told them you will be taking a small break from work now and temporarily directed everything to your one down.’

‘Thanks. I’m sorry for bothering you with my problem.’

‘Not at all Jai … Nothing is important than finding future Mrs.Chiarman now…..’

Col. Mukund reached home and greeted Chairman. Jai shook hands with him and asked

‘How do you know it was me?’ Jai asked immediately.

He laughed and started ‘I have visited Priya’s house often. My brother’s close friend wife, army widow, single mother, a strong and intelligent woman, I became close with her and of course Vivaan. I knew you were also staying there. Two months back when I visited she was not around, her father and I had a long talk. Both of us knew Priya was falling for you. Her father was very happy for change of her heart. Later when she wanted to quit Evolution and relocate to Bangalore I felt it was for you….’

Jai explained everything that had happened.

‘Oh I thought you weren’t…Congrats Jaishankar you are indeed lucky to get Priya’s heart.’

Jai told sheepishly ‘I have lost her and need your help in finding her.’

Col.Mukund told ‘She told me she is relocating to Bangalore at the time of quitting. She assured to keep in touch but I didn’t hear anything from her. I tried reaching out to her but her mobile is not reachable.’

Since you asked about Ganesh’s father, I had already made some calls to check whether she’s in Trichy. Before that you need to know few things about Ganesh’s father.

Ganesh’s family runs the business for generations and they are super affluent. There are several things his father did which Ganesh didn’t approve of. Also his father wanted him to take the family business and Ganesh’s interest was in serving the nation. He had always insisted Ganesh to resign from Army and learn the tricks of trade.

Ganesh met Priya and they were madly in love. His father didn’t approve the relationship because Priya belonged to a middle class family and of course caste issue. Ganesh married Priya in a temple here and then took her to Trichy. His father had no choice but to approve. Ganesh didn’t want Vivaan to grow up like his father so Priya and Vivaan continued to remain in Chennai.

Ganesh’s death shook his father a lot as he has lost his only son. He has been demanding that both Vivaan should be brought up in Trichy as he is the legal heir. Priya had been successfully resisting that.I think he must have got the news that Priya is relocating to Bangalore and somehow convinced her to visit Trichy.

Col.Mukund checked a message in his phone and said, ‘Yes Vivaan is in Trichy seems he was seen in showroom. So Priya must be there too…’

AnooSA, ritz1, Deepu04 and 2 others like this.
  3. Sparkle19

Sparkle19 Silver IL'ite

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks Sparkle

5. blackbeauty84

Chapter-24

After a brief pause chairman asked Col. Mukund , ‘So how do you suggest moving about? ‘

Jai replied ‘Like a man..’

Col. Mukund said ‘Yes like a man. Go stake your claim Jai. You have her heart what else you need. I’m sure she wouldn’t have told them about you.’ Col. Mukund left after providing them necessary details.

‘So lover boy , there’s a Hotel straight opposite to Ganesh’s father main showroom. A suite has been booked for you. Would you like me to accompany you?’.

‘No Chairman you have already done more than enough..’

‘Dad next available flight is at 10.20 am. Shall I book?’

‘No I’m travelling by road. I have asked chauffeur to come here directly. I’m starting tonight. I can reach the place early morning tomorrow.’

‘Dad..I’ll come along.’

‘No Srikanth. You stay here. I’ll call you if necessary.’

‘All the best Jai. Call me for whatever support required. My cousin is the ACP there. So any problem just ring me’ Chairman said.

‘Sure’ He held chairman’s hand and said ‘Thanks’.

‘Come back with Priya and Vivaan. Be careful my boy.’

Jai checked in the hotel at early hours next morning. He slept for few hours and enquired about jewellery shop operating hours at hotel reception.

Jai ran a long bubble bath and had leisurely breakfast. He had mentally made plan thinking about various alternatives. He was sure of what needs to be done and it gave him the necessary confidence. He picked up his crispiest shirt , grey color suit and dressed up leisurely. He matched his socks to the suit and didn’t leave anything to chance.

Sriram called him in Skype

‘Dad Good morning…Sorry it’s because of my mistake…’

‘Get over it ,Sriram. It’s not your mistake alone. I shouldn’t have started to Africa with out talking to her..’

Sriram looked at his dad in video and sais ‘Dad You look very smart…as if you are going to attend a board meeting…’

Jai laughed ‘Yes Dressed to kill…’

‘Be careful dad..from what Srikanth described…’

‘What makes you guys think I’m afraid of a local thug..’

‘Glad you aren’t. So how are you planning to handle him?’

‘In my style…’

‘You mean like a boss?.’

‘Yes…By the way don’t worry about this and write your exam well.’

‘Sure dad… ‘

Jai checked from his suite window time to time to check whether showroom opened. Half an hour before the scheduled opening time an Audi car came outside and he saw Vivaan jumping out of it. He then saw Ganesh’s father getting out of the car slowly. He was clad in white shirt and dhoti.

Jai made other arrangements ready.

When Jai entered the showroom almost all the heads turned. Jai was dressed in a three piece suit and his mannerisms indicated that he is a person who need to be attended immediately. Jai said he is looking for a single stoned diamond ring. As that was a week day morning, crowd was very sparse.

In few minutes a person who claimed himself as shop manager introduced himself and asked whether Jai needed any assistance in selection. When Jai introduced himself , the shop manager got impressed and ordered around the sales assistants.

Jai could soon hear the voice shouting’ Jai Uncle….’ Vivaan came and hugged Jai.

Deepu04, stayblessed, ritz1 and 4 others like this.
  6. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

Was offline for around 10 days and missed many beautiful episodes. The story has taken completely a new turn.... loved all the episodes and waiting for the new ones.

7. blackbeauty84

Thank you Ritz...Missed you around here

ritz1 likes this.
  8. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

Ahaa I am on cloud nine................. I never thought someone will miss me in IL

9. blackbeauty84

ha ha...This is the first time I'm writing a long story...So i take all the likes and fbs for my posts seriously

10. blackbeauty84

Chapter-25

‘Vivaan, how do you know this uncle?’ asked Vivaan’s grandfather who came out of the room. He couldn’t understand why Vivaan dashed out of his room looking at CCTV and hugged a person.

‘Hello I’m Jaishankar. We reside in the same gated community..’ Jai introduced himself to Vivaan’s grandfather.

‘Where’s Priya, Vivaan?’ Jai asked

‘She is at home. Please come to the office room…By the way have you made the selection?’ Vivaan’s grand father asked looking at the shortlist Jai had made.

‘Yes.’ Jai showed the ring he had selected. Vivaan’s grand father asked for the salesman receipt made some discount and handed it over to Jai. Jai made the payment. Vivaan’s grandfather took him to his office room.

‘I don’t know much about software industry. But our manager told you are managing director in a big company..I’m quite pleased to meet you.’

‘Pleasure is equally mine..Infact Priya used to work in my company..’

‘Oh is it? She has quit now. Both Vivaan and Priya will be soon relocating to Trichy…’

‘I gathered that. That’s what I wanted to speak to you about Mr. Kumar..’ Jai told looking at name of Vivaan’s Grandfather in the name plate.

‘Vivaan…Can you go outside and read books till me and uncle finishes conversation?’

‘Ok…Jai uncle..You won’t leave without talking to me right?’ Vivaan asked Jai and on Jai’s assurance he left the room.

‘How come Vivaan’s close to you?’ Kumar asked.

‘I’m coming to that part..Let me tell about myself..’ Jai told about his relocation to Chennai, his divorce, how Priya got close with him and the boys, how Vivaan wanted them as family till Priya’s proposal and his unscheduled departure to Africa.

‘ Looks like Priya was thinking about relocating to Bangalore assuming I’m not interested in her..But the point is I’m. I have come here to talk with her.’ Jai finished the long explanation. He sipped the coffee kept in front of him.

‘What makes you think I will agree to this?’ asked Kumar-Vivaan’s grandfather

‘What makes you think I’m asking your permission?’ Jai shot back.

‘Mr..What’s your name..Jaishankar…Do you have any idea whom are you talking to? Do you know my power here?’ Kumar raised his voice. ‘You forgot that Vivaan is my grand-son ,my legal heir and Priya is my daughter-in-law?’

‘You forgot that Priya is the mother and your late son wanted her to keep Vivaan away from you so that he doesn’t turn up like you.’

‘I don’t want my grand-son to be brought up by another man…He will not get a fair treatment…’

‘I see Vivaan as a part of Priya and not as another man’s son. There lies the difference…’

Kumar raised his voice and shouted ‘You are one hell of shameless person. You have adult sons and you are still behind my daughter in law?’

‘Mind your words Kumar. I’m not lusting after Priya. I have deep respect, affection and love for her and she has for me. Adult sons resist marriage thinking they might not longer be priority but my boys already think Priya as one in the family and they are eagerly waiting for her to be my wife. Even Vivaan wants us together as family. ’ Jai told Kumar in a firm voice.

‘Vivaan will remain my grand-son and live with me.This has been a family business for years and Vivaan will continue being in this.I’m not bothered about Priya but Vivaan….’

‘Legally, morally, emotionally you cannot take them apart. Vivaan will do what he wishes to do when he attains maturity. If Vivaan wants to take over from you and run this business I will not stand up against his wish….’

‘I can do whatever I want. I have people here who can do what I say..One word from me..’

Jai did an evil laugh and said ‘This entire conversation is video recorded, So stop threatening. Enquire around on who I am and what kind of influence I hold… Right from state, central ministers, foreign dignitaries. My reach is much beyond your imagination.’

Jai continued as Vivaan’s grand father became silent, ‘ I promise I take care of Vivaan well, turn him into someone who is capable of making his decisions about life and turn him into someone your late son wanted. That’s what you should be worried about than anything else. I give you 24 hours time, get any legal opinion you want. Frankly you don’t have much of options here. By the way this is my visiting card.’

Jai had a final look at Vivaan’s grandfather and said, ‘ By the way even if you are thinking of doing any harm to my Priya or Vivaan , god save you.’

Jai walked out like an assured man. Vivaan who was reading in a showroom corner came running to Jai. Jai kissed Vivaan in forehead and said ‘Tell mom, I came here and staying in that hotel.’

‘Don’t go Jai Uncle…’ Vivaan started protesting.

‘I’m not leaving Trichy without you Vivaan…I’ll meet you tomorrow.’ Jai went back to his suite after assuring Vivaan.