Pet Relocation To India

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by rkgurbani, Jan 30, 2017.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    My brother is planning to relocate his pet dog (Cone Carso breed) from Africa to Mumbai.
    He has been told that his pet will require a mico chip before boarding the flight.n
    And also a temporary NOC is required from t government of Indiallowing the import of a pet.

Has anybody brought a pet to India from Africa? Please sgare experiances and guidance too.

Thanks

2. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi rkg.....We had brought our pet dog a German Shepherd from Mozambique Africa to Chennai in 1991...years ago.At that time rules were not so strict.We were required to have all his certificates regarding health vaccinations up to date .There were no microchips in those days ! Our dear Bruno is ofcourse no more with us . Just went to Google and found these links which may help ....guess you would have done so already...anyway here is what I found...
    India Pet Passport - Current Dog and Cat Import Requirements
    Pet Relocation Worldwide into and from India - Dog, Cat, Pet Import ...
    www.furryflyers.com/Pet Relocation Service India - Pet import and export, NOC for pet dogs and cats into Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai, Bangalore.

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Paulina...thank u so much. will pass on the info to my brother for sure right away.