Pcos & The Daily Emotional Roller Coaster

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by ashwinim3006, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

My period postponed by a week and tested at home, got two BFNs. No PMS symptoms except tender boobs, some dizziness at times early morning. No nausea absolutely which is quite weird. I feel it won't be positive but the Ayurvedic doctor said me to test 15days post missed period, I don't understand the logic or his calculation, he feels if I have missed periods am definitely positive. Its first time in last 2 yrs that my period postponed so long with medications. I don't know if my body is cheating on me. I have heard that 70% of women get their BFP within a week of missed period, am I among that 30%? :thinking: Has any one come across this issue? Plz throw some light, y it's negative n no early symptoms n y no periods n y no PMS too ?? Am confused :sconf::rolleye::buenrollo:

2. Gandharva

Gandharva New IL'ite

Dear Ashwini

I am a new Ilite and while looking for stuff about PCOS, stumbled upon your post and reader from start to end.
    First of all, all my genuine prayers and best wishes to you. Do not loose hope.

Secondly, I would just like to share my opinion and perspective, although I do understand, that the advices cannot help you in this turmoil.

From your post, it just seems that you are a wonderful human being with such great qualification. You being a doctor might not seem that big for you, but for common people like us you are a life saver. In a country like India where becoming a doctor is such a tough thing, you being a practicing doctor is no small achievement. Do you realise that big or small problem, when you treat a patient, you are relieving them from some form of inconvenience, and all that blessing will never go waste.

10 years ago when I was first diagnosed with PCOD the best advise that my Gynaec gave me was just to be calm. The human birth is not decided by medical science, but god. When it is destined to happen it will happen. And rightfully so I conceived naturally.

Please do not spend most of your precious lifetime just being worried about something which is not in your hands. I am not saying that you should not undergo the medical treatments that you are right now, but at the same time, that can not be the center of your life too. People including your MIL will say what they say, as it is a age old societal problem. Ignore if possible.

I understand in this stressful period, it is difficult to be happy, but try to do things that make you happy. And finally conceiving a human child should only be the result of love between 2 individuals, so if possible, make love to your husband happily, leaving behind the thought of science of conception.

Sorry for such long post, but I hope you just continue to be the wonderful person that you are.

Lots of love and Baby dust to you.

coffeecups and ashwinim3006 like this.
  3. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Thank u so very much @Gandharva for the love and respect. Logging on to IL makes me feel am with my own good friends n family. I will definitely try to keep calm n lots of love n regards to u.;)

4. Pearl2yengar

Pearl2yengar New IL'ite

Dear Ashwini.
    i can completely understand your situation & empathise for what your going through. By now i know almost all mother in laws however nice or not , educated or not or what so forever, when it comes to having a grand child - has the same attitude or even worse! Its Universal.
    Sometimes i feel as per their age in which they are - they must be waking up with a fear of - how long can they live ? will they touch death before seeing their grand child ? these worries haunt them may be - which makes them stressed and behave like this. We live in a world where there is fear at every step. Specially the elder generation who be at home , their best companion is television , newspapers which only shows negative news and it impacts the way the think.
    You are educated ! Try to think beyond the boundary on why she behaving like this - talk to her and discuss and enhance the faith that soon luck shall trigger. Dont make your mind take a negative turn . That will only increase negativity.
    Well wishes to you!
    God is Great.

5. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Thank u @Pearl2yengar but putting pressure on someone when u know their deficiency n added to it u know that they r working to rectify it is not something correct. Blame someone who isn't doing anything to meet the requirements. But I can swear I have done each n every stuff she told me, I have visited every temple she told, I keep fasts even now just to respect her feelings eventhough is quite difficult for me. I have no hard feelings against her but the way they express their desire to have grandchild is wrong I feel. I do know that's only thing they want n am sincerely working towards it. It's my priority right now. So I feel bad wen she talks like that, rest no hard feeling. Sorry if I offended u but I have spoken my heart here. That's wat I feel. Tc dear n plz remember me in ur prayers.:)

6. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

7. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Did on Sunday it was negative. Will repeat again this weekend. But I have no symptoms absolutely. :(:scream:

8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

All d very best
    Lots and lots of baby dust to u

ashwinim3006 likes this.
  9. ashwinim3006

ashwinim3006 Gold IL'ite

Thank u so much. But no much hopes. I feel pcos is playing games with me. If it's true then again I have to go back to Harmones. :eek: :yikes:

10. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

H
    How many days are u late