1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Relocating To Charlotte,nc...need Help With Apartment Search

Discussion in 'Indians in Charlotte' started by AnooSA, Feb 1, 2017.

1. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    I'm moving to Charlotte, NC end of month.
    Both I and my husband has to work in the downtown and I have 2 kids 4yrs and 6yrs.
    I'm looking for a good school district and a community with more Indian families.
    Some of my colleagues suggest South side, particularly Ballantyne rather than north side..
    I believe south side is preferred more for the schools .... Safety wise, though ppl suggest south side, north side colleagues say they don't feel any insecurity...
    So, coming to apartments, I've so far got some names on both side...
    N Side: Autumn Park , Vinoy and Century Highland Creek apartments
    S. Side: Cheswick...

Please enlighten me with your thoughts on whether to go for N or S. side with couple of good apartment names ...

Prishaa likes this.

2. ramyakarthikeya

ramyakarthikeya New IL'ite

Hi Anoosa,I'm at century highland creek Apartment.My kids are studying at park side elementary and Mallard creek stem Academy.

3. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Oh cool ... is " park side" elementary the assigned school if we stay in this apartment ? Do you recommend it ? Also , what is Mallard creek stem academy ? Charter school ?

4. ramyakarthikeya

Yep,both r good schools.MCSA is a stem school.My daughter is 4 yrs,she is doing Pre k at park side elementary.My son is 6 yrs ,he is a 1st grader at MCSA.I recommend both of them.

5. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Thank you!
    BTW, my daughter is 4yrs and son 6yrs and my Sis's name is Ramya... so much coincidence :)

6. ramyakarthikeya

Oh really superb

7. AnooSA

AnooSA Senior IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    I also heard about autumn park apartment which has "Nathaniel Alexander Elementary" as the assigned school with rating 7/10. Since, park side elementary is not rated in greatschool.org yet, can you tell me if you know of that apartment and school and if yes, which f the two schools would you recommend?

8. ramyakarthikeya

Hi Anoosa,
    I'm not sure about that school.I got good reviews for park side elementary from my friends.Im staying at century highland creek apt, it's home school is park side.I recommend parkside and MCSA.

AnooSA likes this.
  9. MythiliMurali

MythiliMurali Bronze IL'ite

Hi Ramya,
    We are planning to move to charlotte in August. I'm looking to rent a place that is close to concord mills mall with decent indian community and a place where there are lot of kids. I have 5 year old.
    Since you stay at highland creek, can please you tell me more about that apartment? I don't see any dedicated play area for kids in that apartment. Do they come out & play in the evening? Also please let me know if you have any information about other rental places in north charlotte.
    Thanks
    Mythilimurali

10. ramyakarthikeya

Hi Mythili,
    Welcome to Charlotte.Im at Century apt ,play area is there. U can check on century apt website gallery.yes evening time kids will come out and play.As I'm staying here I can say about this apt. Century apt home school is Parkside elementary.Tradition apt don't have good ratings school. That apt has so many Indians.

Bexley village luxury apt is near to concord mills blvd. But check the school allocated to that apt.

Regards,
    Ramya

MythiliMurali likes this.