1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Handling Toxic Relatives

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Kiran6, Jan 30, 2017.

1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Ghar ghar ki kahaani kiran:rolleyes:.......every house has one....
    Just enjoy your life and make your own investments ....there is nothing better than self earned property.If your in laws want to give ...they will ,otherwise not much can be done except court battles.Don't count on them...if you get,it is bonus.

sindmani, Madhumagie and NeetaR like this.
  2. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

I agree. and my parents always say that self-help is the best help... i agree..
    But here I was worried about the rifts that she created between me and my husband and still he thinks that i am the home breaker..... Love has gone....

Who is the home breaker? Who is the bad soul?

Just because I married him ... I had to take all this... and still he believes that I am the home breaker...

HUH... Karma should play... All I can say is I have to wait for the Karma should reply back all the drama queens ( including me)...

sindmani, Madhumagie and yellowmango like this.
  3. boldnbutiful

boldnbutiful Silver IL'ite

Kiran6,

Same case but here problem is not with SIL but my PIL only. They r so money minded that they dun care id if we even starve but they want money from my husband. Mil is so sweet to him that she says all things like " it is so hot here ( India, we stay in Sydney) that I am dying of heat,need to but Ac but no cash,my hubby being a good son he sneds them.
    If they r really poor n suffering I dun mind but they r not m now my mil tells all.relatives that I stop him from.sending money and no one tlks t me thinking I am a villain.
    We.live in Sydney wd one Sal and a baby making too many financial difficulties..

So.chill.earn as much money as u cann...it will change all.relations..if u buy property hav savings.everyone will worship the land u walk

Madhumagie and Rowith like this.
  4. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you boldnbutiful for your reply... Now I am working to have my own property and savings....
    Soon I should buy a house for myself... Hopefully everything goes well and I will achieve my goal..

boldnbutiful likes this.
  5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

OP, Husbands have a knack of blaming everything on wife's. We are the home wrecker's,liars, cunning people who separated families and hurt sweet sweet inlaws.Been there heard that. You need to grow a thick skin and when hubby calms down tell sense. At the same time, be thankful your SIL had such a sweet idea to separate you at considerable distance.Can you imagine the havoc inlaws can create if you are nearby.

You cant separate some people if there is enuf love and respect. If they is a small gap present, in laws tend to be convinced easily. Especially in case of DIL's. So no point telling she did they did. If your MIL was really good she wud have been unbiased and say she is neutral. No but she was convinced just like majority MIL's. You got a good deal out of this. Imagine day in and day out of cooking and tending to in laws and SIL's needs. Needs which will grow day by day. You escaped that. Thank your stars. Good Luck.

sindmani and Madhumagie like this.
  6. Kiran6

Kiran6 Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Choclate for replying back...

YEs. I thank my SILs for giving my hubby such a good idea... and also I know why my SIL gave this idea to him... and my MIL is such a sweet :tired: person.. she never allows me inside kitchen... she coooks, cooks and cooks and packs for her daughters, SILs, son and for her grand kids.... and she never eats anything if i prepare something... she used to tell some reason (stomach pain, food not getting digested).... and u know what I will do... immediately prepare some chicken or fish ... and then look at my MILs face...and it will be like this......:BangHead::BangHead:

sindmani and Madhumagie like this.
  7. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

hey ! Kiran ,
    I personally don't know Nonya but i have read all her posts and its Nonya :)! a good Samaritan with a guts and strong ideologies , her writings kindle the emotional strength which is hidden in every woman . don't get offended by her way of words , just keep reading her post and u will realize , How woman can be , and become strong and live life as a WOMAN. :smiley:

sindmani and Kiran6 like this.
  8. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

o_OSomeday soon I will be laid off from my current job. Then I will start a religion. I will invite you to join up.:smirk:
    Kiran6 does have an entertaining life. Has husband under control, has a job, and balances the rest of them nicely. That is what gives (any woman) the confidence one needs in life. If nobody in the IL household bugs her, life could be dull.

sindmani, Kiran6 and Madhumagie like this.
  9. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

:grinning-smiley-048: you are there ! :tearsofjoy:

10. Madhumagie

Madhumagie Silver IL'ite

Hi Nonya !

I am a religion for myself , born katta brahmin married punjabi and living like a Hindu :sunglasses: What religion is still left for me to join and make hay ! :tearsofjoy:

Nonya likes this.