1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @girvani
    Glad to know that you are doing core exercises. Hope it will help.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Friends
    Please continue posting.
    I need a few days off to come to terms with the turn of events personally, as a result of some new policies put in place yesterday.
    Hopefully they will be rectified soon.
    See you in a week or so.

3. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

Such an interesting thread!!! I was always a silent reader. Tried to change my routine but my main problem is i find it very very very difficult to getup early:facepalm:. I always gets up very late and this actually creates stress. Being a home maker i feel very guilty of not being able to manage my house very well.:sob::BangHead:
    All the ladies out there you are all doing a great job...:clap2::clap2:
    Even if i sleep early ifind it very difficult to getup early. Can any of you give me some tips to getup early.

Thankyou all

kkrish likes this.
  4. mriduna

mriduna Silver IL'ite

Glad to see everyone's update
    @kkrish - Take care. Hope things get back to normal soon
    @shifas - if getting up early is not your thing, don't worry just do everything the night before. My friend is just like you, she is not a morning person at all. After trying a few things, she decided to do everything the night before which means cooking for next day breakfast, lunch, packing etc. She just wakes up in the morning gets ready to work, put stuff in everyone's bags, warm breakfast, server or take it along. She will come back in the evening make hot dinner for the family and make the necessary things for the following day. Sometimes I feel her routine is better and she feels mine is better. Anyway, nothing is perfect or best, whatever works for you and your energy level is the best.

As for my routine today, 5 AM finally out of bed (too cold), bathed, pooja done and in the kitchen at 5:35 AM. Idli-chutney for breakfast for everyone. Lunch boxes - Mac 'n cheese for kids, Sambar rice and Okra fry for hubby, Ragi sevai with lot of veggies for me. All the necessary veggies were cut last night, so this morning burner 1 - cooker with rice & daal for sambar, burner 2 - mac n' cheese with broccoli, burner 3 - boil milk to set curd, burner 4 - Okra. As soon as mac 'n cheese got done I put the veggies for my sevai to cook. Boiled milk set aside and started boiling tamarind paste and cooked veggie for sambar. Once cooker was cooled, used it to steam idli and ragi sevai at the same time. As usual started putting things in boxes and let it cool around 6:30 AM. Packed the breakfast for both of us to eat at work, kids ate their Idli and strawberries between 7 AM and 7:15 AM when we were getting ready. Jackets, boots, load bags in car - out of our garage at 7:25 AM (10 minutes later than usual). Anyway planning to go home and make Samo kichidi in the evening to be eaten with Sambar, kids will eat rice.

5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

@kkrish..take ur time girl..we'll keep the lights on for u here :)
    Out of the bed finally at 5.30..(I was up but it was just too hard to give up the comfort of a warm bed on a cold morning)
    Made a nice espresso.....savored it for a few min...Life is good.
    5.45 Time to get to work.
    unloaded dishes ...got idli batter out ..Got the idli cooker going with a batch of idlis .
    There was left over rice from yesterday. :thumbup: Cococnut rice.
    Made a quick coconut podi... toasted cashews ,dry coconut powder,urad daal,red chillies,curry leaves,hing + ammas podi ....mixed with rice.

6.30. Pack lunch boxes. Wake up the boys.
    7.00 finished my bath and got ready and lit the lamp. Boys were ready for breakfast.
    7.15..served hot steaming idlis + podi + yogurt ..no chutney or sambhar :( anyway they prefer it with yogurt.
    Out of the door by 7.30 .
    DH will clear the counter and drop the kids...

6. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

Got up at 5:50 am
    Straight to kitchen , heated milk , warm water , Boiled eggs + Dishwashing of few utensils in sink..
    Swept the house
    Took bath
    and Started cooking @ 6.50 am
    Matar ki Sabji + Chapati + veg Upma + Tea
    Cleaned remaining utensils
    Tiffin pack Done at 8.30 am
    Had brkfast
    Left for office .. reached office at 9.30

At times I feel How can i minimize my cooking time .. It always took 1 hr 30 mins.. irrespective whats Short cuts i took..

kkrish and MehulAtharvMom like this.
  7. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

@mriduna
    Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes sometimes i cook in the evening and store it in the fridge. My only problem is breakfast. Other stuff i can handle since iam a SAHM. Luking at how everyone here manage work and house hold stuff i feel ashamed of myself. I have a really naughty and adamant four year old who doesnt do anything at all on herown. Since mamma is available 24hrs she just thinks that she doesnot even have to have her food or atleast milk by herself. :BangHead: i will be trying for job this year and so i hope all of ur posts will help me out of my situation wen i go for work.:blush::blush::blush::blush:

kkrish likes this.
  8. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Hi all...
    How did your weekend go.?
    Yesterday we had some repair work in the house plus a busy week at work. Had to sweep, dust and mop the entire house once the workers left. Once they left, and the house was brought into a decent shape, I made chicken curry and dosas for dinner. Packed off some Saturday groceries into shelves. Slept early. Lot of work tomorrow.. I.e on Monday.
    Hopefully I will finish off everything

kkrish likes this.
  9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear All,

My past week went well. I managed the house stuff and the cooking as per planned. However, I failed in the health department as I ate two much unnecessarily two days. I don't what makes me do that. How do I controlling eating when you go home from work and before dinner.

have a nice week all:)
    Vani

kkrish likes this.
  10. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Even I too face this problem of over eating that too junk, when I hit home. Some things that we can try are
    1. Eat a fruit ( already chopped) or else our body won't be willing to wait
    2. Make a glass of tea/ coffee
    3. Some salad
    As a part of meal planning, I think we shud plan healthy snacks and store them in advance, so that we don't reach out to the bag of chips when hunger strikes us.
    Do let me know how u plan to tackle this

girvani, Madhumagie and kkrish like this.