1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

A Not So Intellectual On Jallikkattu & Tamil Unity

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by GoogleGlass, Jan 21, 2017.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

it is a celebration on the whole V, just not the insemination. it is also a part of the celebration.

let me put it simple - would we allow someone to ban us from practicing our religion and belief systems and force an alternate??? tradition and culture is no different from that.

this is the beginning to fight against all those corrupt systems by the youth of Tamizhnadu.

imagine instead of this calm and quiet approach, this had been otherwise what would have happened?

unplanned, unorganized, leaderless upraise it is, leaders from this will emerge soon for the betterment of the society is the hope. the courts on most occasions here are in favor of the ruling parties.

let rules be framed, governed and necessary action be taken where required. we will hope for the best.

PavithraS, jskls and periamma like this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Jallikattu: Why India bullfighting ban 'threatens native breeds' - BBC News

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-the-fight-really-is-for/articleshow/56706727.

This is how the economy of Jallikattu works - The Economic Times

( I know of two people other than him who are into the same and have launched their milk in Chenni and are a boon for many because we have many adults recently developinglactose intolerance )

Jallikattu, the New York Times and the cultural war against Hinduism

A few simple articles for reference

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

https://scroll.in/article/827277/fa...-cattle-milk-might-not-cause-cancer-or-autism

A fun loving active girl of six years has suddenly become dull, and it really pinches your heart to see her tired all the time. She has no energy and no enthusiasm to do the things she loved so much that she is moody. Going on 7 and the girl has thyroid and diabetes and a prime candidate of pcos when she hits puberty according to her doctor.. A pure vegetarian who does not eat pizzA does not know burgers nor sauces. The culprit was the milk. The kid drank only the state owned cooperatives milk that even paediatricians recommended. I know the girl and feel bad so much because she is a representative of the future.

I won't lay the fault on milk alone but it definitely is suspected to be one in her case( if you think differently,well let us agree to disagree).

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear GG,

It is an apple to orange comparison. Peaceful practice of religion can never be compared with culture of torturing animals. Moreover, when the rituals or even teachings in the religions for that matter are criticized by the atheists, the people have been so tolerant in Tamilnadu. When Periyar organized procession where the Hindu God's were beaten with slippers, didn't Hindus stay tolerant? Didn't we peacefully coexisted with Islamic, Sikh, Jain and Christian brothers and sisters? The question is why so much of fervor and hype in the media for shaking up the culture that too by the court?

One man, one wife is also a Tamil culture but how many men are openly living with more than one woman? Where did this culture go, when men make fun of women sitting in the street corners? Why no one objected when IPL started with scantly clad women dancing in the middle of the crowd In CSK cricket ground? When the Tamilians adapted the culture of celebrating Valentine's day with all Western styled attitude, why no one took to the street to raise objection? Aren't we celebrating the New Year Eve on the street with alcohol and food on the streets? My issue is Tamils being so selective in choosing their fight to defend the culture especially when it is in the court. We have to understand as the times change, so are the thoughts and views of the people.

Viswa

5. GoogleGlass

i respect your views but do not accept, as u differ from mine. no issues i suppose.

u have mentioned about tolerance and periyar - now the youth aren't ready to accept what is forced upon them - welcome development, u should feel happy truly. a community was calling the shots and deprived the untouchables and those happened - this is a bigger one to discuss about and would refrain from that here.

hope youngsters realize and would realize the ill effects of those that u mentioned and move in the right path.

6. GoogleGlass

it's ok ls - as long as my anonymity is guaranteed :):):)

jskls likes this.
  7. GoogleGlass

if she had mentioned that on a different discussion and not in context with this, it is a free expression of her views. she is in lime light and is a reason for the upraise and she chose to utter out of context to hurt the sentiments of the protesters.

jskls likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

anonymity is what keeps us expressing our views without hindrance and will not put any flex (billboard) for you :)

None of us write here expecting any awards ...

periamma, PavithraS and GoogleGlass like this.
  9. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Anyone for watching scantily clad men hugging bull ? I liked the older version where there was no printed T-shirts on men, belonging to some team. If there are five in a team, and only one bride on the offer, well... it is good thing that there'd been a precedent for that.

When the court can set rules about people having to stand up in movie theatres for the playing of the National Anthem, no wonder they want to stop people from hugging bulls. Sad. The court should stay out of such things. It would be a sad day if they lift the ban and force the bull huggers to wear helmets and pads, like batters in cricket. And with what the SC gets involved in these days, we can even expect the SC to force all the bulls of TN to wear helmets and side shields when they engage in this sport.

I want to see bare chested men in langotte. (this is the french spelling for that article of clothing).

[​IMG]

sokanasanah, Rihana and PavithraS like this.
  10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@Nonya you missed out the well oiled and real six pack bods:tongueclosed: