Birth Control Please !!!

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 20, 2017.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

i just had my second baby six months ago. It was via c section. During the delivery itself doctor asked if I wanted tubal ligation to prevent future pregnancies. I was interested but my husband was like don't you want you want another baby? Then doctors said they need both of our approval before going ahead and we can get the tubal done later so we didn't sign the papers. During the delivery the surgeon said that I have too much scarring in uterus so I cannot get the tubal done later via outpatient procedure and that my husband should get vasectomy. But my husband is downright refusing to get vasectomy.

WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS ? I am having extremely heaving periods and I am afraid of Harmonal treatment.

My husband had not been helping a bit with two kids. I am all alone with 6 months old baby. There is no way I can handle another one. So I WANT 100 per cent guarantee that I will not have another baby. PLEASE SUGGEST THE OPTIONS I HAVE.

2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Doctor also said that it is dangerous to me if I have any more surgeries (that is the reason she said I can't get the tubal done now. I really should have gotten it done through the c section)

3. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

Since you can't go for tubal, ask about Paragard if you don't want hormonal IUD's. I had Mirena(hormonal) but it has only been a few months. Periods is almost nil for me. Other than that, I don't feel much difference. Not sure of the long term effects of having Mirena.

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

talk to your gynec and find out about the birth control options available.you can either take pill or get the t shaped device inserted

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You should have discussed with your hubby during pregnancy and should have cone to some terms since its second pregnancy. You must have know how helpful your dh will be after delivery. Anyway it can't be done now.
    Talk to your gynec and discuss the options left for you. Your doc knows the medical conditions well and can guide better. Check if tubes can be cut through laparoscopy or by any other means. Discuss clearly. Hope things will workout fine for you.
    Take care. Rest well whenever your kids give some time..