1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Experience With Biotin

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by rajeswarisatulu, Jan 13, 2017.

1. rajeswarisatulu

rajeswarisatulu Senior IL'ite

Hi ..Last year we moved to a new place and since then there is a lot of hair fall :weary::fearscream::coldsweat:...After trying all kinds of oils ,hair packs and treatments it all went in vain.Then I thought of giving supplements a try!:frowning:.I bought Sundown naturals 5000mcg (for hair skin and nails) and started taking it on every alternate day.I experienced a lot of change in my appetite since then:hollering:..I am like crazyly hungry within half an hour of having food and when I googled about it:icon_pc:i got to know that it happens with some people depending on their body type and also because of this we increase in weight too.Some people face problem with breakouts/acne/nausea/stomach upset..and I am not able to control my hunger...!!!!I don't want to stop taking this tablet because I see that my hair fall has reduced in a week(Took 3 tab till now).I am thinking to take 1 tab every week..:neutral:
    I want to know whether anyone had the same experience and how did they overcome all this??

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Hey
    I have tried a bunch of supplements sooo I am going to tell my exeperince .

I have tried Natural Biotin 10,000mcg 1 tablet everyday for maybe 3-4 months--nothing happened, there was no increase in my appetite, neither in the hair growth. However, there was a decrease in the hair fall.

Few months ago I started on Viviscal- (as I want my thickness of hair to improve) I have seen the appetite has increased, no break outs or nausea. However, the instruction does say that I need to take the supplements with food. I haven't been very regular in taking Viviscal-so I haven't seen a major improvement or change.
    Viviscal has worked for my cousin and my sister came highly recommended.

I would suggest try some of the other brands of Biotin or hair growth supplements which will work for your body.
    I will also suggest to take it every day.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    rajeswarisatulu and momsky like this.
  3. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

I take mine a few minutes before going to bed. I used to get hungry easily when I get it (including multi) in the morning.

rajeswarisatulu likes this.
  4. rajeswarisatulu

I saw a drastic change in my hair fall.It did reduce a bit and that's why I don't want to stop .I will continue taking it for a month and then see how it goes...

5. rajeswarisatulu

Yes! Will try taking it before going to bed and see let you all know about the results!!

6. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Just checking if it worked out for you?

7. rajeswarisatulu

Hi momsky..I have noticed that hair fall has stopped a bit but i think i should wait for one month and see the results.

8. Trustcarelove

Trustcarelove Silver IL'ite

I have been using this past month, not much difference in appetite..but one of my friends ( she is a doctor- she is the one who suggested) , she said you have to wait atleast 3 months to see the results..but i did notice some reduction in hairfall especially when I wash my hair...so if you are ok with it, continue to take it with Food, not on empty stomach and see how it goes..

9. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Oh I meant the food cravings. Does taking them at night make you less hungrier during the day?