Increased Breast Size Post Delivery Or

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Priya1983, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Priya1983

Priya1983 New IL'ite

Hi gals,

I have delivered my baby 3.5 months ago and my breast size is increased from 34 to 38 m bit worried about this m breastfeeding my baby but want to know how the size can be reduced or it won't happen now.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

It is quite natural. It happens to all new mothers. Dont worry about it right now. But make sure you wear bra with good support. Breast size reduce slowly and may return to original size after you stop breast feeding. Now focus on breast feeding. Your baby needs that . Enjoy this phase in your life.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Breast size will decrease once you stop breast feeding. As you gradually reduce breast feeding, b size too decrease gradually. But I'm not sure if it will come to the exact old shape.

4. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

It's normal. It will go down once you stop breastfeeding. In my first pregnancy my size went back to its original size. Keep feeding your baby it will also help maintain breast health.

5. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Breast size will naturally increase post delivery as your milk ducts will be filled with milk and tends to be full and plumpy. But this is good enough for ensuring proper breastfeeding. Keep feeding as long as possible. This will keep your breast healthy enough and moreover good to keep a strong bond between you and your baby. Also the babies immunity increases as long as you feed him/ her. The excess fat of your body will get burnt if you continue breastfeeding for a longer period.The size of your breast will gradually decrease as you stop feeding. This is totally a normal process for all mothers and you need not worry at all. Relax and stay happy.

salad and MaruthiRao like this.
  6. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I went through this thread and have a doubt..
    It's been a year since delivery for me..
    I'm not BFing now..after stopping BF, breast size reduced gradually for me..but still unable to fit into prepregnancy inners.
    Now lactation almost stopped..except for few drops nothing..would prefer smaller chest size like earlier..will it gradually reduce in coming months..or will it happen only if I lose some weight??

7. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear,

Your chest size will reduce gradually in coming months and also will get reduced as you lose weight. If you do not do any work outs or exercise, please start with some.

Thank you.

Needtobestrong likes this.