1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Are Some People So Cunning And Hide Simple Things?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by pruthvee, Jan 16, 2017.

1. jennycee

jennycee Senior IL'ite

This is an interesting topic. I feel that hiding simple things is being petty. I like to share, if someone likes my choice of clothes I tell them where I bought it, if they like a certain perfume I am wearing I tell them the name, if its a dish I prepared I tell them to come and watch me cook it, or I give them the recipe book and let them copy it down themselves and I don't have to hear that I left out an ingredient! Incidentally I have relatives who behave this way.

CoolPie and madras2018 like this.
  2. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

I am one of those who don't like to divulge information. I wouldn't hide information on petty issues like the one you mentioned but I do not disclose important information because I have burnt my hands by giving too much information

1. When I was in engineering I told my friend the companies I had applied for a job. My friend talked me out of attending interviews for some companies telling me I was too smart and those companies were beneath my talent. At 21 years I was naive to believe her. To my surprise, she attended all those interviews and bagged multiple job offers

2. I would confide to my mother how I didn't like USA and how my husband was cold towards me, my mother talked me into coming to India and played petty politics using the information I had given her and almost broke my marriage. Mind you, mothers are supposed to be confidantes

3. When I was new on the job, I freely discussed an idea to improve the business with my colleague. The colleague presented that as his own idea to my boss and got a promotion. I ended up reporting to that colleague of mine.

4. I told my relatives about my pregnancy. My relative ( in law) had mixed ru486 abortion pill in my baby shower food. I grew suspicious when she was forcing me to eat the desert. I was better off not revealing my pregnancy and not having a baby shower.

All these incidences have taught me not to divulge information, even something as simple as being pregnant. I don't care if I appear cunning to people. I'd rather keep myself happy and appear cunning than keep people happy

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Well...I'd be damned!!
    does your husband know of this deal ?
    Are you planning to identify the (attempted) killer to him ?

This thread also shows why people have to be cunning, and not so innocent.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  4. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

it was so well planned. I love to eat Gajar halwa with ice cream. This pill was mixed with halwa. Don't know why but that day I didn't feel like eating it though on other days I would have eaten at least 4 plates of that desert.

My SIL is usually mean to me but that day she was caring and affectionate checking on me every few minutes whether I had eaten enough. I ate few spoons of pulao but did not eat the desert. My SIL bought the desert ( she never serves me food) and pestered me to eat a few spoons. I told her to keep it aside and I'll eat later. One of the cooks alerted me not to eat as she had seen her mixing something though she didn't know what was mixed.
    Later, I gave the same plate to my SIL to eat, she refused and threw it in trash.

After few days, when I was alone at home, I checked her closet, I saw this half used RU486 pills. Why would anyone buy abortion pills when I was the only pregnant member in the family. No, we did not report her to the police given that she was unmarried and it would hurt family reputation.

sindmani likes this.
  5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

This is like a story we would only see on television. You must write it with all the details, every minute bit of it. All the dialogues of your sister in law, the words of the cook etc.. I am amazed.

sindmani and madras2018 like this.
  6. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Sorry, I am not in the business of entertaining people. There are lots of producers/ directors/ actors to do that. Stories are often adaptations of what happen in real life

sindmani and Amica like this.
  7. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

@riya123 if what you are saying is true it's indeed very shocking..
    You should have exposed her crime to all...it's pointless to think of her reputation when a human life is at stake.

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  8. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

People are so mean and selfish that they will do anything to harm someone whom they dont like. Ofcourse we should be very much secretive when dealing with people like that. Because most of the times those people would be our husband's relatives. The incident mentioned by @riya123 is not rare. But lucky that God guided her by not letting her eat it.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  9. riya123

riya123 Gold IL'ite

Per 2012 data collected in India, a bride is burnt every 90 minutes owing to dowry. When these relatives dont hesitate to victimize and burn a fully grown adult woman, then what would stop these people from harming an unborn child.

Per 2015 stats, there is a shortage of 12 million girls against the natural gender ratio in India. I bet women bearing female foetus would be forced to have an abortion, often through pills like these. Yet we have people here who think it only happens in stories and want us to write detailed dialogues. I must only appreciate the arrogant disregard for others.

sindmani, Amica and shifas like this.
  10. shifas

shifas Bronze IL'ite

@riya123 what you said is rite.. i have heard ppl talking about those dil and inlaws issue shown in tv serials as boring and just silly. And i feel only those who never had such bad experiences will talk like that. I also had a very sad and crying days through out my pregnancy just because of the so called inlaws. They could not do anything directly since i was not living with them. But they did wat ever they could to make me mentally depressed through my husband and thus i was hospitalised and doctors told no chances for my baby to to be alive. There i was praying and crying through out the day and as a miracle from the scan it was found out that my baby is alrite. Even after this incident they were continuously hurting my feelings. But thanks to God and my parents. I was double happy when i saw my baby daughter after few months. And i know they would have been happy jusy because i didnt get a son.. but i am happy soo happy just because i have a daughter.
    We must be really very very careful at pregnancy time wen we are near to these types of people. Ofcourse there are lot of good inlaws out there.