1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gated Communitiy

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by periamma, Jan 4, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

@periamma, it was interesting to read your snippet connecting today's gated communities to our original natural communities. I had never thought of it this way before.

Awesome write-up. :thumbsup:

periamma likes this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Amica likes this.
  4. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Lovely write up Periamma. As you have experienced the past one as well seeing the present one you are able to compare. Yes, those were different days. What my mom faced in her childhood life was not faced by either sorrow or happiness. Mine should have been very different from her. Now my children's experience is different.
    I too had enjoyed those Street playing, cycling long distances in the ones, elandhapazham picking (berry picking) etc. But today we ourselves are not allowing our children owing to heavy traffic and other instances non safe environment.
    Lots of crimes as well awareness is there nowadays, so we are all confused and being over protective.
    The positive side I see on senior citizen community is most of them have accepted that life while making children far too live guilt free, while they also enjoy the company of like minded and same age group people.
    We need to take and face as it comes. But sure as your snippet implies good or bad memories are sweet.
    Regards
    Manjukps

5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@manjukps Thanks for reading and giving fb

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear periamma, Beautiful snippet!As I was busy with my DIL's Bharatha Natyam concerts in Dec season in madras, I had absolutely no time to go through the snippet section.

you have brought before our eyes, the pyols ( thinnai) in our village homes - which was generally the place for gossiping.the vaaikkaals used as swimming pools where we learnt swimming using inverted kudams on which we floated without any fear.Today's gated communities are not as secure as being advertised.There have been looting and murder threats even is such homes which proudly proclaim about so many comforts.
    Societal compulsions, globalization etc have resulted in real estate developments beyond imagination.We have to accept realities and proceed.

jayasala 42

Amica likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@jayasala42 Ha Ha our inverted kudams have changed as Plastic rings and floats today.Thanks for your fb