1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H4 And Mother Of Infant And Toddler

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sumalynux, Nov 10, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Ladies, I have a question

Off late my DS isn't eating- I don't force feed him. He drinks loads od milk and water ( with gripe) and juices.
    The daily routine is- he gets like a small amount of water when he wakes up from his naps. However, past 2 days he refuses to eat anything-

Everyday there is idli or rava idli, dosa ( honey/ hazelnut), paddu as a starter with main course upma, avalakki, oats -- you know breakfast items. Same goes for lunch- idli or dosa for starters followed by pasta, rice & daal things like these..

DS eats maybe 1 idli and refuses to eat anything else. I give in and just give him milk.

I wonder why he is doing it? Any ideas?
    Is he shaping up to be a picky eater? Is something bothering him? Doesnt like my cooking :thinking:

What is the best way to get DS eat.

Its winter- I got my DS some shoes to wear around the house- I have been told that 15 months is too young to put on shoes at least when they are learning to walk-- So want to know what do you guys do?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Do you feel he might be having cold? My son refuses anything to eat if he is going to have cold and goes on liquid diet. I don't think he is shaping to be a picky eater as otherwise he would have been one since the beginning of solids.

If you don't want to put shoes on you can always have socks or sleep and play with anti-skid soles on it. At 15 months I feel its ok to put shoes on. It's "getting used to" phase and important one. Shoes are not recommended under 1 years of age.

blindpup10 likes this.
  3. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

@blindpup10

Even my son was not eating correctly for couple of days then he became alright.. Guess sometimes they are too occupied in playing..

He wants to eat everything himself thz days n yes mess.. so few foods i give as finger food..

Boiled egg
    Omellette
    Dosa
    Idli
    Chapati dipped in milk for 15mins

N i am just putting socks, shoes only for outdoors

4. blindpup10

Thanks ladies-
    @aspha- no, he doesn't have cold. He coughs like once in a day ( maybe), but apart from that not really- he is teething though. Maybe coz he is teething not wanting to eat?
    Today I force fed him the bf. Poor thing he ate with all tears rolling down :pensive:.
    If I hadnt force fed him- it would be 3 days in a row.

I currently make him wear anti skid socks. I myself feel a bit cold when I walk around the house with socks.. I wear shoes at home. So, got him a pair- but he doesnt wear shoes. He simply cries or lays on the floor crying untill the shoes are removed.

How long will it take for them to get adjusted ? What kinda of shoes should I make him wear? I got something of this kind--
    Amazon.com | CZCCZC Baby Boys Girls Toddler Warm Snow Boot First Walkers | Shoes

Any suggestions are welcome.

@sumalynux-
    Yes. I think playing or just walking is very much on his mind too- right after force feeding him. All my DS did was to walk around happily around the house. Where will he have energy if he doesnt eat? :BangHead:

That's really good that your DS wants to eat everything by himself.

At what age can kids handle spoon? Just a random thought.

5. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

blindpup10 likes this.
  6. blindpup10

@aspha Thanks so much for answering all my questions.

7. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi all

When did you start sippy cup.. which brand/design best for milk...

How ru all dressing your toddler it's -17c here in Albany NY..

Am putting him 2 shirts n fleece jacket with hood and fleece pants, socks during day.. And fleece bodysuit during nap n night..

Do you put mittens for you lo

8. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

No mittens. only while playing in snow..

sumalynux likes this.