1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Daughter- The most precious

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by meril, Nov 8, 2013.

1. sumadevu

sumadevu New IL'ite

Hi Meril...
    Its been long time and no update on this... or I am missing something?

meril likes this.
  2. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Knock knock Meril..please show some mercy on us...
    --PS

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I repeat .. :BangHead::sob::sob:

4. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious.

Shan and family reached their destination, as they entered the hall. They were welcomed by Kumar’s voice enquiring whether the bakers’ had sent the snacks over the phone.

Shan got hold of the newspaper placed on the stand and took beside the stand, while Rohan took a seat beside him.

Shan’s behaviour discomforted Reshmi. She anyhow walked to see what Ashvini was up to. She enquired about Ashvini to Sita who was spotted in the kitchen, setting the glasses to be served.

“I have forced her to take a shower” was Sita’s answer to the enquiry made. It’s getting late Reshmi said while she climbed the stairs to Ashvini’s room. She opened the door to her room to see Ashvini with a towel tired on her head which resembled a turban and scrolling down on her mobile.

“Oh girl, haven’t you dressed up yet?”

“Dress up?” when my outfit is with you?” said Ashvini with her eye brows raised.

“You could have at least blow dried your hair Ashvi!” , said Reshmi, who sprang into action.

Reshmi placed the packet of outfit on the bed and opened the dressing table drawer in search of the blow drier, while Ashvini got a glimpse of the outfit.

She liked a baby pink coloured salwar, Ashvini pulled it out from the packet. “Oh, this is nice aunt, I think I will wear this.” , said Ashvini deciding on the outfit. By then the blow-dryer was switched on. Ashvini sat leaving Reshmi to set up her hair.

Ashvini, wore the baby pink salwar which had silver embroidery work with a net dupatta.

“I loved the outfit Reshmi aunt.” Thanks for it, what would I have done without you, said Ashvini. “Yeah, I am so inevitable.” said Reshmi leaving no scope for a teary eye for Ashvini.

It’s 9:30 Ashvi, you please do your make up and make sure you don’t slip any makeup on cloth.

They will be here by 10 AM right? “Yes, he being a proposal brought in by dad, he might be early too”.

“Hahhah” they laughed agreeing with the comment.

Ashvini was doing her eyeliner while they heard a vehicle’s noise.
    “Oh, don’t tell me”, claimed Ashvini holding her left eyelid closed with her fingers.

Reshmi pulled the curtains to check and said: That seems to be the motorist with the bakery items. She saw Shan taking the packets in, while Kumar took his wallet to pay them. Reshmi was glad Shan got himself involved.

Ashvini gets back at the mirror, with the eyeliner.

Reshmi sits beside Ashvini, monitoring her work. Reshmi aunt with a heavy heart asks: Dear, aren’t you mad at me?

Ashvini looked at Reshmi placing the eyeliner’s cap. “Mad at you for? What did you do?

“I didn’t do anything,” I couldn’t speak to Bhiya about your further education and all what you wanted me to talk. Do I talk to him now? Is this the right time?”

“Ohhh, that, yes, you are right you cannot be forgiven for it” says Ashvini and looked at Reshmi from the edge of her eyes and laughs a loud.

“Aunt, I have got it all handled. I spoke to dad, I told him that only if the guy- Ashoke agrees on doing my further studies I did get married to him or else not to force me for this proposal.”

“Really, have you spoken to him?” Yes, I have aunt.

“That is great my child, you handled it yourself.”, said Reshmi. They heard the noise of a car in the premises; both of them gazed at each other and ran towards the window to get a glimpse of the bridegroom.

Reshmi pushed away the curtains with her hand once again; they saw an old lady get out of the car from the right side of the passenger’s seat and a girl already walking towards the house. The slab right below her window obstructed them from seeing the rest. Ashvini craned her neck and stood on her toes to get a glimpse of him, but in vain.

The door to Ashvini’s room opens, they turn back to see Sita standing at the door step with her eyes wide open to prove her excitement.

“They are here!!”, she screamed delightfully. Sita saw both of them by the window side and assumed they already knew it.

“How does he look?”, asked Reshmi seeming curious than Ashvini.

“He looks, (Sita pauses for a second) and asks: which one is it?” What? Which one? , asked Reshmi sounding confused.

“Ashoke has a brother too.” Ashvini cleared the confusion. Soon their attention was draw to the noise of someone climbing the stairs hurriedly.

It was Rohan with a message from Shan. “They are here, papa has asked you all to come downstairs.” , he said and hurried downstairs.

“I must serve them some tea and the snacks, let me getting going”, said Sita and rushed downstairs as quickly as she could.

“Oh.. I think it’s our turn”, said Reshmi turning back at Ashvini. Ohh.. Maybe we should give it some time, answered Ashvini with her heart pumping faster.

Reshmi aunt noticed that Ashvini hasn’t put on the jewellery she brought yet.

“Ashvini! What about the jewellery? Your outfit looks incomplete without it. Oh, does it? She claimed and looked at the mirror for a second opinion.While Reshmi took the jewellery box and took them out. "Here you put on the earrings fast while I help you out the chain.” ,said Reshmi handing the earrings to Ashvini without her opinion.

Reshmi unlocks the chain and places it over Ashvini’s neck quickly.

Do I need to change my earrings? It would take some time, asked Ashvini once again before she loosens the earrings on already. "Yes, Ashvi.. Don't be reluctant." said Reshmi locking the chain.

Shan knocks at the door, and enters when both of them screamed: Yess!
    “Ohh.. it’s you Shan uncle!!” exclaimed Ashvini with a sigh.

"Well.. Whom did you expect it to be? The groom- to be, he said extending the word “to be”" asked Shan with a smile.

Ashvini smiled as an answer and continued to tighten the screw of the new earring.

Shan is everything fine downstairs, has Sita served them tea, do I need to go and help her enquired Reshmi sounding concerned.

“I saw her with the serving tray on my way to the staircase” answered Shan.

“How is the guy?, asked Ashvini hesitatingly?”

“Guy.. which guy?, Shan played the fool.

I’m not going to tell you.. you need to find out yourself said Shan and reminded them to come downstairs while he left the room.

“Come on, tell us Shan” Reshmi called out once again with no response to be heard.

“Maybe we should find out ourselves aunt”, said Ashvini.

"Ohh.. are you ready to go now?" asked Reshmi.
    Yes, but don’t I look over dressed for just a meet-up?

“No girl, you don’t. Actually I do” said Reshmi aunt adjusting the pallu of her sari.

“Ohh, that’s usual in your case, says Ashvini. Reshmi taps on Ashvini shoulder for her comment. and said: “Okkayy, let’s leave before Bhiya gets angry.”

To be continued…

Deepu04 and MahimaGowda like this.
  5. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Meril You are back.... after a longggggggggg Gapppppppppppppppppppp.
    The Episode was quite a lengthy one and you gave us a good feast after a long gap. Ofcourse you stopped at the right time...................... Eagerly awaiting for next episode.

6. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Chill!! Please don't break your head! The next episode has been posted!

7. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Thank you and please continue reading..

8. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

My Daughter- The most precious!

They stopped by the hallway, unknowing of their next move. “How do we just make a presence to the hall unless we are called.” asked Ashvini. Yeah, I know. “Why can’t Bhiya or Shan just call us” , said Reshmi aunt to herself.

Sita crosses them with an empty tray, and Reshmi enquired: Have you served them?

Yes, I served them tea, now I will get the snacks.

“Ohh.. don’t you worry, I will get take the snacks to the hall, Reshmi said volunteering.

“Reshmi aunt you are not going to leave me alone here”, Ashvini demanded. Shan heard them whisper and turned towards them.

“Ohh.. Maybe we should call Ashvini now” , said Shan hinting Kumar she was ready.

Kumar said: Oh, alright! He cleared his throat and called out aloud: Reshmi, call Ashvini and come to the hall please.

Uff.. Thank God he mentioned my name too said Reshmi faking a sigh, she got hold of the tray of snacks from Sita and headed towards the hall. She looked behind to find Ashvini standing there seemingly startled.

“Come, will you.”, said Reshmi. Ashvini quickly started following her and caught up with her before entering the partly closed door to the hall.

Reshmi flashed a smile at everyone, as she served the snacks while Ashvini stood beside the door frame flashing a smile at everyone.

Ashvini first look was at his mom and then a girl who seemed to be at college, before she could look at the male population, Kumar announced, there, that’s my Daughter.

“Well, he is talking about lady wearing the salwar kameez alright. The other one is my wife” ,Shan said being his witty self.

The crowd laughed out and it eased the tensed atmosphere. Reshmi mocked at Shan as she walked away with the empty tray.

Ashvini once again looked at the male crowd to guess the perfect groom her dad spotted for her. She saw a man nearly in his 60s and kept the smile on her face and as her eyeballs moved away to spot him.

She saw a guy in his t-shirt and his hair spiked, he definitely cannot be the one my dad selected she assumed and move to the guy sitting right beside Kumar. He was in his formal attire. A shirt coloured in the lightest shade of purple and a trouser in cream colour. The spectacles he wore made her to confirm the chosen one.

In a fraction of second, Kumar took the initiative to introduce her to Ashoke. Ashvini this is Ashoke, he said looking at each of them simultaneously. Ashvini stood with a pout having recognised him earlier. He introduced the other thereafter. She flashed the smile once again and each one of them as they were being introduced. She guessed his sister to be in college which was right.

Ashoke took a sip from the tea cup and sneaked a look at Ashvini. Ashvini did the same right after him. Their eyes never met each other though. “He does look good, just that he needs to fix his dressing sense and hairstyle.” She thought to herself.

“Well you both can go away and talk if you want, right?” Shan said seeking the parents’ approval.

“Yeahh.. yeaahh, sure! Ashvini why don’t you show him around” , asked Kumar approving Shan’s remake.

To be continued..

Deepu04, ritz1 and Rajeshwari1412 like this.
  9. meril

meril Gold IL'ite

Hey Aathi!

Yes.. I'm back after a long back.. Yeah, you guess needed a feast after the time taken right? I had to be forgiven right? I have posted the next episode, a short episode though.

Waiting for your valuable feedback.

aarthi28 likes this.
  10. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Dear
    Again stopped at the right time.:clap2::clap2:

meril likes this.