1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

K mam,
    Do u have a blog or something??
    Some of your posts are so informative and motivating, I wish I could gather them all at one place and re- read whenever my motivation is low

kkrish likes this.
  2. coffeecups

coffeecups Gold IL'ite

Today went like this
    6am- woke up, fixed some cornflakes for hubby and dozed off again.
    10 am - woke up againo_O ( I need to address this issue, cos it's eating up most of my morning hours. I don't get sun here and it's always cloudy and chilly this month, hence this. How I wish I could wake up to warmth and sunlight)
    10 -12 made coffee, skipped breakfast as I was not hungry. Made my bed. Called aquaguard for service(long pending) shifted fermented batter into storage containers. Reorganised my refrigerator quickly. Took out yesterday s leftovers to thaw.
    12-3 watched TV. Had lunch.Played some game on mobile and web surfing( I know that's a time waster too, if not careful)
    3-6 went out on some work
    6-7 made coffee. Phone calls
    7-9 roasted onions, tomatoes and capsicums for chutney. Let it cool. Washed all the vessels from morning:shakehead::shakehead: hubby came back from work and made dosas and had dinner
    9-11 washed stove, kitchen counter and cleaned the sink with surf. Washed remaining vessels. Took tabs and had a fruit. Watched frozen movie for the first time:facepalm: loved it:relaxed::relaxed:
    Planning to sleep now
    Good night dear friends :ciao:

chithirainilavu and kkrish like this.
  3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

God bless KK. When I read posts like these ... it restores my faith in the basic goodness of man.
    My sunday was largely uneventful and very relaxing. Nowhere to go to ....no one was coming home...no agenda. Boy dont I love those kinds of days.
    Breakfast was dosa . Soaked dal and idli rice for batter and headed out for grocery shopping with DS2 (usually one of the men accompany me..they insist I need help ) .DH cleared out + cleaned the fridge to make space.
    Came back DH unloaded and re-stocked and said no cooking lunch. Plenty of leftovers ..lets just finish them. He had put for rice. Fair enough..there were lot of leftovers ...random assortment of kootu rasam bisibelebhath and subji. Polished it all off. Cleared up while DH sat with DS1 for his project. I sat for music practice with DS2 while attending to laundry. Around 4 we both needed a break..so headed out for a walk. Came back after an hour ..I had brought samosa from indian store....made tea and served that as a snack. Ground batter. DS1 was tired and wanted a break ..and suggested we go out for pizza. Wow more time..I finished folding all the clothes. Thoroughly cleaned the kitchen. Headed out for pizza. Came back ...DH sat down with DS while I caught up on some work emails.
    All in all a lovely weekend.

Mon morning was reasonable..(As much as a mon morning can be)
    Breakfast was mini idlis
    lunch quesadillas
    Snack ...left over pizza .

chillbreeze, kkrish and coffeecups like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

I am very saddened by Ms. Jayalalitha's demise.
    She was too young to go.

Irrespective of her policies or the way she ran her government, I respect her as woman and how she firmly handled the tough political scene.

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I was also shocked to see the news of her IMO untimely demise. Despite all the criticisms she did do a lot of good for the common folk, especially with the affordable meal schemes. What a formidable lady. May she rest in peace.

kkrish, deepthyanoop and Rihana like this.
  6. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

True ...she was a powerful leader . Very sorry to hear the news.

kkrish and Rihana like this.
  7. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yes..one thing everyone agrees about her is courage and indomitable spirit and attitude. So shocked and upset to hear the news.

kkrish likes this.
  8. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Jayalalitha

The dynamic and balanced lady, may her soul rest in peace

My routine: yesterday one of the good day. Went for health check up which is being postponed from one month. Everything normal. In that happiness:

Gifted myself badminton racquets.. immediately played with them
    Prepared egg dosa for snacks
    Dinner watermelon and methi parata

Apart from these bad is, tube light not worked in the hall, lost new cork :(

Overall good day

kkrish, Rowith and coffeecups like this.
  9. Sana2712

Sana2712 New IL'ite

May her soul rest in peace...

kkrish and coffeecups like this.
  10. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

As usual morning was hurry hurry due to morning chit chats but fine, it's worthy

Prepared uthappam for breakfast. Gave lunch box with methi dal, beetroot fry

Went to hospital for tooth extraction, thank God no pain as feared.

Prepared bread sandwich for snacks, took rest slept for sometime. Chota darling offered some ice cream and juice. Woke up dinner same as lunch menu..

Everyone slept, I'm watching jayalalitha news

Good is tooth extraction, bad is acidity due to medicines

kkrish likes this.