Annoying Issue!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by rgsrinivasan, Nov 30, 2016.

1. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Hello Admin / Team,

Previously, there was an "autosave" feature in the site which saved the contents frequently, so whatever typed is not lost altogether.
    Now when I logged in and typed a lengthier new post while taking a break, I didn't realize that I crossed the sessions timeout time. So when I tried creating the post, I got an error message, asking me to login. I did that and to my dismay, whatever I typed was all lost and I was directed to the "Forum" page. In the previous version, I remember that after a time out message and a re-login, whatever I typed earlier was saved and the post was accepted. Now that seems to be gone. That feature is very much required, I feel.

Besides, whatever happened to my earlier posted blogs [700+] is still a wonder to me, after the revamp. I wrote a PM to IndusLady long back and am yet to get a response. While I got a message for one or two of those being moved to "Stories" section, I just wonder why the Blogs section is removed completely.

Can you please respond?

Regards,
    RG Srinivasan

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016

2. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello @rgsrinivasan Sir,

Thank you for voicing your concerns.

As you know, we have upgraded the site recently. Some of the features that we had previously are now not available or they are masked in a different way. I understand it can be inconvenient at times.

Have you tried the 'Save to drafts' feature for replies. When you type a long reply or would like to attend to it at a later time, click on 'More Options..' at the bottom right of the reply box. This will open a screen that has the 'Save to drafts' feature. Let me know if this helps.

replytothread.png
    Regarding blogs, please check What happened to my blogs? – Customer Feedback for Indusladies
    If there is any particular blog post that you are looking for, do let me know.

Thank you

3. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for your quick response and assurance, IL_Admin.
    I actually typed a post and was not responding to any others at that time. Is there a feature to save draft while typing a new post as well?

Just one more question - Since the blog contents are moved to respective subforums, will the count of the posts per person be increased? Earlier, blogs were not included in the count, as there was a separate counter for them.

Regards,
    RG Srinivasan

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello @rgsrinivasan sir,
    By new post, I'm guessing you are mentioning about a new thread. If yes, then you can save a draft in that case too. Please see the image below:

draft.png

The post count should also have increased accordingly.

Thank you

5. rgsrinivasan

Thanks for the clarification Admin! I will follow this! -rgs

IL_Admin likes this.