1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Appreciation Can Make A Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 25, 2016.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Appreciation my experience. We should have a heart to appreciate others. From my experience I have seen that those who are experts in any field dont appreciate so easily. They will appreciate the people who are experts. Actually everyone needs appreciation, especially. those. who are beginners and those who are trying their best to become experts. Each one of us have some inborn talent some take interest and bring out their talent but some dont try. Usually our friends are always ready to appreciate but Relatives dont appreciate so easily. Each one have their own favourites. This is my experience and dont want to hurt anyone.

Some people like me wait for appreciation after they finish something. Now a days facebook is there to post our works there and share our experiences. For some posts there are lot of feedbacks but for someonly few feedbacks. When you mention this to someone they will say might be theydid not have time to give feedback. But I have seen those people whom they say they had no time have time to appreciate someone else might be they are very close or they like them very much.

I had written in my earlier post that a new member has come in our building. Sometimes her husband goes on tour and she feels lonely. Since she is new to this place she comes to me for help. even if I forget her she doe snot forget me. She wanted to stitch her blouse andtold me to show the shop where I give. She gave the blouse and luckily she liked the way he stitched. I was also happy that she liked it. Today she bought lot of oranges for us which she said its from a garden in Akola . In return I also wanted to give her something and was thinking what to give and luckily I found Mother Mary's Idol and gave it to her and she was very happy. She is a Malayalee christrian

Appreciation can make a day…Even change a life…. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary…..Every day, genuinely tell at least one person something you like, admire, or appreciate about them. And You will feel really Good about yourself….

2. Laxmikrsnan

Laxmikrsnan Silver IL'ite

True Aunty

There are few finer qualities that set aside us, the Homo sapiens var. sapiens, apart from the animal kingdom... the tendency to appreciate is one among them. I am reminded of J. Krishnamuthy's quote ... "Look at the world through the eyes of a child". The child looks ... all anew and appreciates the smallest bloom to the biggest explosion. It expects to be recognized for every feat (probably every feet of its steps :)) that it does...

While we grow up, we lose this sense of appreciation and blame the rest of the world for our woes...

iyerviji likes this.
  3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear viji ma

Beautiful snippet and it so coincides with festive times. Being grateful and then being able to express that feeling then and there is most important. Even a smile can do wonders in day to day life. I so believe in everyday kidness and thanks for this post
    Warm regards
    Vani

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @ Laxmikrsnan dear for your first feedback and for sharing your views="Laxmikrsnan, post: 3912242, member: 464334"]True Aunty

There are few finer qualities that set aside us, the Homo sapiens var. sapiens, apart from the animal kingdom... the tendency to appreciate is one among them. I am reminded of J. Krishnamuthy's quote ... "Look at the world through the eyes of a child". The child looks ... all anew and appreciates the smallest bloom to the biggest explosion. It expects to be recognized for every feat (probably every feet of its steps :)) that it does...

While we grow up, we lose this sense of appreciation and blame the rest of the world for our woes...[/QUOTE]
    Thanks

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

="girvani, post: 3912280, member: 95590"]Dear viji ma

Beautiful snippet and it so coincides with festive times. Being grateful and then being able to express that feeling then and there is most important. Even a smile can do wonders in day to day life. I so believe in everyday kidness and thanks for this post
    Warm regards
    Vani[/QUOTE]
    Thanks Vani dear glad to know you likedthe snippets

6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

So true, well said viji maa....

iyerviji likes this.
  7. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Very true Vijima, appreciation makes our day and also motivates us in putting out heart to that work.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. remyajohn

remyajohn Senior IL'ite

Wonderful thought :)

iyerviji likes this.
  9. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji madam,
    You have said very beautifully. People who used to help others with good heart had been ignored always. Every person wants to be appreciated and acknowledged. Most of the time people are taking for granted every help being done to them. In fact, since long time I was thinking to ask someone who writes better, to write an article about these words " Taking someone for granted". Could you please write it? Thanks.
    Rani

"DIFFICULT ROADS OFTEN LEAD TO BEAUTIFUL DESTINATIONS"

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
    iyerviji likes this.
  10. Vijaya@17

Vijaya@17 Silver IL'ite

Appreciate your skills and selecting good topics.

iyerviji likes this.