1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Not Sleeping

Discussion in 'Infants' started by roopaiyer, Nov 4, 2016.

1. roopaiyer

roopaiyer New IL'ite

Hello Ladies
    I am a new mom. My guddu is nearing 2 months. He is really a good baby but he doesn't sleep at all. His eyes will be filled with sleep still he resists to sleep. Out of frustration I scolded him last night. Kindly help

2. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Hi roopaiyer,

Some babies does not sleep. it could be due to some uncomfortness.

Check for his bed, cradle and if the baby is hungry.

Regards,
    Sanarthi

3. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I suggest you put your baby on a proper schedule. Even at 2 months your will know what follows what when you are being consistently. that soothes the baby.

Have a routine for her sleep. it would seem like much to you but it matters to the hehe baby. Turn out/ down the light, use a whispering tone and be calm. Do the sleep routine in the exact same order everyday. your child will be sorted within a week.

I suggest you do your research using resources from the baby whisperer books and website. Figure out how you should put your baby first until a routine is established and sleep train the baby by providing the right atmosphere for her. Consistency is key.

Needless to say, scolding a baby is merely showing your frustrations unfairly on the babybb and that serves no purpose and all.

cliona, blindpup10 and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. roopaiyer

roopaiyer New IL'ite

5. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

if baby becomes overtired then they are not able to sleep...so its important to put them to sleep when you observe the signs of sleepiness...like yawning etc....keeping baby warm is important, wrap them little tightly(just little, not too much) in a cotton sheet makes them cosy and secure and give them feeling of womb. it also helps in making them sleep.take a rocking cradle, that also helps as babies are habitual of sleeping by rocking from their womb time...

cliona and KashmirFlower like this.
  6. tcbhuvana

tcbhuvana Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,
    I also faced the same problem with my baby.. for first one month she wont sleep at all for whole night.. doctor said milk is not enough for baby and we started to give formula milk.. till then gave mothers milk only.. but mothers milk was not thick enough.. she just drink it, does chuchu and will not sleep at all.. after started formula, she had good sleep..

7. Katakam123

Katakam123 Silver IL'ite

You need to check the diapers, feeding , the temperature ... A con fly warm , both my kids had their own desire on how they need to be put to sleep, my dd a 6 mth prem, since discharged from hospital likes to be on my chest then she will fall asleep and we can move her to her bed.

My ds likes to be very close to me, may be for my body heat then he falls asleep.

Things should be better in another 2 months... Hang in there

8. roopaiyer

roopaiyer New IL'ite

Thank u all will try all these tonight. Hope it works

9. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Op, Have you tried putting your baby in a rocker. The rocking motion puts the baby to sleep and its comfy for the baby to nap in during the day. My baby loved it too and its comfortable for day time sleeps.

10. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

Mine used to listen to me talking, the vibration were soothing. I tried singing it didn't do much.
    Babies are trying to figure out to feel comfortable, they don't know themselves, it's new world for them.
    Swaddling helps many, new baby on mothers millk will need feeding every 3 hours in night. You will have to get up and feed, or you can go to formula for night time.