1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Was Your "getting To Know" Partner Period?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Beijee, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Beijee

Beijee New IL'ite

Hello everyone,

I am not entirely sure if this is the right section for my question but I think it is.

I wanted to know what were your experiences during "getting to know" your bride or groom. Did you have the opportunity to talk and get to know each other in person or one date to decide whether or not marry the person?

The reason why I am curious is because I am "approaching" closer that phrase. I am not sure what to expect and what is "OK" to talk with a girl during the getting to know stage. I am not sure if I even will get to talk to the girl in private.

I have thousands of thoughts running at once and no one to talk to through the "desi" topics. It is hard to find the right "indian audience" for the question because if I post this in a western audience forum, I would get ridiculed. Haha.

2. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

My sincere suggestion is to look up premarital questionaires and go through them. give it a thought and discuss it with your bride to be. They are for the western audience where most couples have are period in which they live in before they get married; so some sections would be quite irrelevant. however it does give a good starting point for important discussions. Good luck

KashmirFlower and kcb like this.