1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Wife Doesn't Want To Live With My Family Anymore. I'm So Depressed.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rthor05, Oct 13, 2016.

Should I start living separately with my wife? And leave my family.

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Please be a man. (mard ban - like Aamri tells Saif in Dil chahta hai)
    Half the problem will be solved

minn1 likes this.
  2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Dude seriously ??
    You recorded what 2 women were speaking ?
    You just did not record their talks, you broke your wife's trust too.
    Your FIL will now be thinking that you are a suspect and would suspect his daughter with everything she does.

3. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Actually you don't want to change but expects from her. You are not serious in making harmony, just wanted to bend her/dance for your tunes

bron, sindmani, Lakshmi6197 and 2 others like this.
  4. dia3

dia3 Silver IL'ite

Dude, if u wanted to live with ur parents so bad, why didn't u make this very clear to whoever u were marrying....that ways both ur n the girl's expectation wud be met....that ways u wud have avoided marrying a person who doesn't want to live with in laws..

there is nothing wrong in wanting to live with parents for whatever reasons..here also, some desi men,US born n raised here, make it very clear before marriage when they are looking for a bride that they want to stay with their parents only after marriage n then girls who agree to this marry them n others don't so that ways after marriage, there r no conflicts ....

now if u made it clear before marriage n now ur wife has turned her back, I don't think its fair..ask ur parents n wife to sort it out as the situation isn't going to change..

n 1 more thing - u r 18+, a legal ADULT so act like one rather than a whiny baby !!

5. neel2244

neel2244 New IL'ite

Sorry for troubling you. could you advice me for my problem on thred
    1. Need Advise Regrading My Married Life.

6. Elsa

Elsa Gold IL'ite

If you want your life sorted out, please move out with your wife. Your wife hasn't asked you to move to a different city or country. You as a husband to your wife, have as much responsibility, as you do towards your parents as a son.

If your wife cannot cook, there is no harm in you taking the initiative to cook something. You can help her or teach her. It is not mandatory that a woman has to know how to cook and if she cannot cook, she has to let go off her ego.

If you can hate your wife's mom, she has every right to love/hate your mom as well. Be a man, focus on what is important and give a damn to the society. If your mom is old and is not in a position to take care of herself, either you take care of her or employ a full time maid. Do not expect your wife to do so, especially when she is not willing to do so. If she were ok with serving the entire family, it would have been ok. But in your case, do not force her.

bron, NeetaR, monita and 2 others like this.
  7. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

Again your problem will prop up no doubt about it.
    You cant close a hole with darkness and lie to yourself problem is solved .it is not solved and will cause another fight in ur case maximum within couple of months .put effort .Be a man if u can marry at 24 stop acting like a teenager.solve the issue u cant run away ,earlier the better .
    By the way are u physically handicapped in any way or r u physically weaker than ur wife .if no ,u expect ur wife and mother to slog in kitchen after long day work in office and travelling .u just want to be in ur comfort zone .for that ur using the excuse of love for parents.

Actually u dont care about ur parents the way u should .u dont help ur mother in kitchen,nor help ur wife u pass some jokes expects 3 oh no 4 ti9mes meal to be served to u either mother or wife since mother cooks well u want that.and tell me honestly if ur mother falls sicks and god forbid a situation where u need to cook for her take care of her in bed clean her urine and stool will u do that or EXPECT ur wife to do that for you........actually ur mommy should be grateful to ur wife not to u .u married so that u can forever live in your comfort zone.........Be honest atleast to urself. really shameful.fault lies with ur parents as well by the age of 24 if their son cant take care of himself,do household chores but expect a working DIL to do all work and feed their son

what u want is exploit ur wife and make her work so that u can be forever be lazy

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  8. neel2244

neel2244 New IL'ite

there are only two solution.
    1. live separate and take care of both.
    2. GO and file divorce.

Now, don't expect that your mother and wife are going to live under the same roof. My words may be harsh, but it is truth. Take the call after considering every aspect. She will live with you peacefully if you both live as a nuclear family otherwise you will end up being a divorcee.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2017
    sindmani and monita like this.
  9. Beijee

Beijee New IL'ite

Umm...

Why did you get married at 24? That is the age where most young folks are partying and enjoying non-committtal life.

If your father is 65+ then essentially there is a 40+ year gap between his and this SMS generation.

I dont see anything wrong with your wife and you learning to cook food for a healthy lifestyle instead of relying on a chef.

From what you have written, neither your mom nor your wife are wrong, you basically need to balance things while maintaining a good communication amongst all members.

Communication and understanding is the only way out of the presented mess.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  10. Beijee

Beijee New IL'ite

Haha!

That was the most negative post I have read today.

minn1 likes this.