1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestion

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Hopinggood, Sep 1, 2016.

1. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Good that you have heeded to all the wonderful advices....
    Please never ever try to contact the guy again. There's every chance that the relationship might get rekindled. Delete his messages and whatsapp chats...if there are any. Take care of your child.
    Move on...All the best....

NeetaR and KashmirFlower like this.
  2. Hopinggood

Hopinggood New IL'ite

I cannot threaten him. It is of no use . He knows I have no place to go. Only sister I have , she will give me advice to adjust and compromise.
    Yes I can convince my husband to change visa status and be independent.
    Meanwhile I have to work on him as you suggested

3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Also block and delete his phone number, emails, history of any thing related to him so u will never get tempted to call him again, that is good that he didn't do much fuss when u don't want to keep contact any more, but he may call again and try to convince u. So block everywhere .

dc24 likes this.
  4. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

No judgement from me.

Lot of ladies in your situation would have done same thing. Lot of ladies. And to me you are a lady!

But this was poor poor judgement on your part. But you are a human being and a lady.

Your husband didn't make this a happy marriage life for you.

Lot of human beings cannot handle such a horrible situation (poor intimacy in marriage ---- that is grounds for divorce, at least in USA!)

Best is to cut it off with the Internet "man". If he is cheating on his wife, what makes you believe he is not cheating on you.

Please heed the advice of the ladies and cut it off with this Internet "man"

5. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

After deleting his info, change your sim card as well... that's what i did after I caught my husband cheating after i gave birth..

6. Hopinggood

Hopinggood New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Most of you know my background.Its been almost 2 months now I am not in contact with this person.I didnt block him. 2-3 messages to check we are doing ok.
    I am trying my best to work on my husband.These two months I talked with him openly about problem in our relationship.He told me that he has very low T.I asked him why he didnt tell me before and its been 6 years now our marriage is affecting.He said he is taking some ayurvedic medicine. I asked him to visit proper doctor and not to go general physician.
    He agreed but its been more then one month I am asking him to visit but he comes with one or other excuse everyday.I even asked him that i will take it for you but he refuses. He seems super busy these days He didnt even bother what i do.I asked him many questions like why he dont even kiss or hug me.Do you remember when the last time you kissed me .why we are living like roomates. But he again gave some irrelevant excuses of his health.Two days before I told him that your job is keeping you so busy that you are not looking to your healt and family,and i think you should think about it.Again ,he got defensive and talking like i will left my job and all .you want me to sit home i will do that. He also cried and told me that he is so useless he is not giving me any happiness in life and he feel so bad that i dont understand his problem and what he is going through.
    I said I totally understand but we have to find a sloution and we cant if we dont visit a doctor.
    What should i do? If i dont talk about his problem and visit doctor,he is fine but when i start topic he get defensive and blackmail me emotionally.What should i do to make him ready to visit a doctor?
    I feel so unwanted and unloved. Its been 7 years now .I really dont want to go back to this man .
    Really upset today .And need your suggestion

7. Hopinggood

Hopinggood New IL'ite

8. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

@Hopinggood I am experienced with the low T issue. Your case & so many others is proof that this condition wrecks havoc in married life if not addressed quickly. There are several women on IL whose marriage ended in divorce due to this problem. Mine included.

Two parts to my answer - medical and personal. Medically low t can lead to early death becos it is often associated with a whole host of other symptoms (heart disease being the most common & significant). Unless he wants an early death he would do well to take care of it immediately. Causes for low T is vast - thyroid issues, prolactin issues, pituatary issues and so on. So your doc rather than just writing a prescription for testosterone shots patches or gels shld order a hormone panel to identify other co existing conditions like mentioned above.

Personally - ED is a major issue that men struggle to deal with regardless of their color, education, country and class. It is a sensitive topic that most prefer to live in denial or pretend that this will go away on its own. Often the man will blame the woman & the relationship issues as being the cause of their non-existent libido - thereby switching the cause & effect. Becos such men have low libido and desire they dont see what all the fuss is about that their partner is making. Some men wld prefer not to "spoil their body" with meds that will result in benefits to their spouse. Only one who feels the hunger can know the pain and will be motivated to do something. It is not surprising therefore that many such men become more proactive after their wife or gf has left them. Or at least given ultimatums.

A note on ayurvedic stuff - it does nothing for this condition contrary to people's feverish beliefs. There, i just saved you precious time. He needs some medical intervention starting with blood tests.

Its a tough call for women married to low T men because they get slammed by the man for bringing this up, and if they keep quiet nothing gets fixed anyway, and when the woman decides to leave an unfixable situation they get criticised by clueless, idle third party characters.

Your husband needs to realize the gravity of the situation asap and do something to avoid more health & marriage complications. Him getting medical help is the best happy ending to your problem. It will prevent your life and his life spinning out of control. He can enjoy a happy family life, live longer, feel like a normal man his age again. You wont need to break up your family or break his heart & yours by cheating on him.

In summary, in order for your issues to be resolved & stay resolved in the years ahead , you need to be in a supporting role with your husband taking proactive primary responsibility for his health.

As for you - I hope you wont blame yourself or accept any undue blame he places/might place on you. Try to be a supportive wife and bring vital facts to his attention. You dont have a job or skills. If your husband cant or wont fix his issues, you should take a call based on what your options are. If you have a plan, the guts and the finances to support yourself, go for a divorce. Mind you - it wont be easy with a kid and the history with your husband. If you can't divorce - do whatever you need to do to be sane (but be thoughtful, safe & practical).

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  9. Hopinggood

Hopinggood New IL'ite

Thank you @madras2018
    As you know divorce is not option for me.i know I have to be patience.How I make him to visit doctor and tell him all this. I even shared one article with him one time and made him to read it but he took that lightly. I can't even threaten him to leave him as he know I have no place to go. Also if I find some job I won't go as I do love him I am afraid he will harm himself as how he is emotional imbalance.
    Is it a good idea to talk with his sister or parents? If yes, I don't know how will I speak to them .His family already know that he is not well in general sense. If I talk they will blame me only.
    He is not even show any love or affection to me like kiss or hug. Is this also something to do with his health issue ? I feel so frustrated. How to realize him that I am also suffering a lot?

10. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Good you cut him off. I would suggest avoid those 2-3 messages as well.