1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Unicorn Prince: Chapter 5

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Shalumurthy, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Chapter 5:
    “Babe? Really?” Leila’s comments were filled with sarcasm.
    “Off course! Shouldn’t I name my dog the way I want!?” Ranjith was amused at the show of emotions on Leila’s face.
    Ranjith analyzed her at length while she was shooing his dog. She had a pony that was combed recently. Her neck was bare. She had single stoned earrings on her ears and was chic and cute in her yellow salwar kameez. She wore a light pink nail polish, with her toes peeping out of her high heeled shoes. She was in the right proportions and her chocolate complexion made her look almost beautiful.
    “If only she smiled, she would look good!” Ranjith wondered.
    “Don’t frown!” He never realized he spoke.
    “Excuse me? What did you say?” Leila was fuming. She was tramped and walked over by Pranav and she was not going to let another man do it to her ever.
    “Oh… nothing…!” Ranjith managed to give a friendly smile only to be met with Leila’s cold stare.
    Leila shoved the dog aside before she moved past Ranjith.
    “She is a weird lady!!?” Ranjith absent mindedly asked his dog while the dog gave happy barks.
    Ranjith knew what that meant. He slowly turned to meet Leila’s glower.
    “I was talking about my Grandma!! Wasn’t I Babe?”
    “You better be!!” Leila stormed from that place after she retrieved her purse from the pavement.
    “Ouch that was close!” Ranjith was thoroughly fascinated with Leila’s behavior.
    After this brief encounter, he decided it was enough entertainment for the day as he took Babe back home.
    Once aboard the bus, Leila was fumbling with her luggage.
    “Who was he? Why was he there!!?” Leila was disturbed and her past experience with Pranav had only added to her miseries.
    “One Charring cross please!” She handed over the money to the conductor as she managed to bring herself under control. She couldn’t relive another horror in her life.
    In another place, Leila’s parents were seated in a big hallway. They were given snacks along with hot piping tea.
    “How could she!! Leila’s mother was still sobbing while her proud father sat still.
    “Stop it!! She has brought such a bad name to this family!! If she was my daughter she would have never done this. It’s your entire fault!” Leila’s father Sundaramurthy was an adamant hot headed man.
    “How can you talk of our daughter like this? Might be she had issues. She…” Leila’s mom, Sundari’s word trailed off as her father spoke.
    “Shut up!! This is our son-in-law’s home else I would have hit you! How can you support that immoral person! If she had problem, she should come up to us not run away like this! How do you think we can face Pranav now!!?” Sundaramurthy was enraged.
    “Hello dad. Hello mom!” Pranav walked in to the hallway just in time to hear Sundaramurthy’s words.
    They still believed him and he was pleased.
    As Leila’s parents stood up in shame, Pranav was quick to their aid.
    “Please don’t feel bad, I know what Leila has done has bought great dishonor to both our families but it is not our fault.” Pranav’s words acted as a soothing balm to Sundari’s mind.
    “I will never disown my wife. She has indeed behaved foolishly but I will make her see sense in her wrong doings. Don’t’ worry mom!” Sundari was relieved.
    “I’m so sorry Pranav, I never knew Leilavathi was capable of this. We ...” Sundaramurthy was emotional as he bit back a sob.
    “Dad, don’t be sorry. I called you just to inform you what has been happening. I will surely find her. I have hired private detectives too. Leila can’t be away from me for long!” Pranav was fuming and livid but he managed to sound sorry.
    As Leila’s parents took leave of Pranav, he was pacing the hallway like a hungry cat.
    When his mobile rang, he almost pounced on it.
    “Yes, Pranav here. Did you enquire?” He was irate and his maids knew he was uncontrollable now.
    “Yeah she was wearing Yellow salwar kameez.”
    “What do you mean by how do I know??” Pranav was on the verge of breaking his mobile.
    “Off course I know, I’m her husband! I even know what color inner wear she would have worn because I decide what color she must wear and she has access to only those set of clothes!” Pranav almost screamed on the phone.
    The detective on the other end was shocked.
    “What kind of man does this!!?” The detective, John was astounded.
    “So did you get any useful information or are you still going to question me, you idiot!” Pranav’s shriek resounded through the whole house.
    “Mr. Pranav, Please mind your language!! I’m not your slave or one of your house maids!” John had a temper and valued his dignity more than money. Pranav knew he had to control his rage because John was the best in his field.
    “I’m sorr...I’m so sorry John! I loved her dearly so I miss her...I’m so heart broken. That is the reason.” Pranav sobbed over the phone.
    “It’s ok Mr. Pranav; I know how it is to lose one’s wife!” John’s wife died three months ago in a car accident so John related to Pranav’s emotions. However he was not sure if Pranav’s feelings were genuine after what he told about Leila’s clothes.
    “Thank you so much, So did you find anything useful Mr. John?” Pranav knew John had useful info.
    “Yes, your wife boarded the bus to Coimbatore!” John’s answer made Pranav’s eyes glow with revenge.

myka, Adharv, Deepu04 and 1 other person like this.

2. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Vow.... Super Twist....

3. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

offo.. I hope John should do something like give him wrong info or inform Leila, story is on nerves. Very nicely narrated the coward nature of Pranav...

--PS

4. sasi291

sasi291 Bronze IL'ite

Wowwww... Amazing story...lovvvvvved it :)