1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

At The Right Time

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Greenapple

Greenapple New IL'ite

Wonderful and interesting start. Keep it up

2. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Aarthi28 will try to make it bigger next chapter on.

3. blackbeauty84

Thank you Peddadas

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks Greenapple

5. blackbeauty84

Jai woke up early next morning and went for a swim. As the gated community had amenities like gym, swimming pool, jogging track etc he was determined to start an exercise routine.

While starting for office, he found Vivaan waiting for school bus clad in uniform. One elderly person who might be Vivaan's grand father was also standing along with him.

“Good morning Jai uncle” shouted Vivaan.

“Good morning champ”

“Have a nice day uncle bye” Vivaan told merrily as he boarded the school bus.

What a lovely kid, Jai mumbled himself.

That was a busy day for Jai with back to back meetings. On the commute back home he spoke with his boys. When his car was about to enter the gated community, he saw another car ahead of them going inside the gated community. Something struck Jai about the car.

Yes the parking sticker, car had parking sticker of his company,’ Evolution'. It didn’t surprise him as they had more than 5000 employees in the company across geographies. He was just curious to know who from his company is living near by.

He was about to tell his chauffeur to follow that car, when the car stopped before villa 301. Priya alighted from the car. Jai could see that she was still wearing the company identity card.

'Hi Priya'

'Oh hi'. Priya was surprised and stared at Jai for a minute taking in the apparent logo of Evolution in his car. She immediately made the connection.

'Jai as in Jaishankar right?..I'm sorry I couldn't catch it yesterday. Somehow you look different from the photo and I haven't met you before...” Priya continued blurting. She was embarrassed that she couldn't recognize her own company's managing director.

“Hey Stop easy easy. No problem, I know I look different in person. So which department are you working in?”

Jai inquired few details about her work. Priya was working in his own department at a mid management level.

“Mummy is home..Mummy” Vivaan came from the house and hugged Priya.

“Come in for coffee Mr.Jai ” Priya requested him.

“Some other time Priya. Bye Vivaan” Jai went off.

Later that evening Jai was on phone talking with his brother. He saw Priya and Vivaan diving into the pool and enjoying the swim there. He loved that bonding between mom and son.

“Jai. Are you still there...?”

“Yes yes. So when are you coming”

“Why are you changing the subject? Did you hear what I was talking?”

“Hey no..”

“I'm not asking for explanations Jai. What I'm asking is please reconsider your..”

“Anna please...I’m not ready for it.”

Jai ended the call after assuring his brother that he will talk on that topic later.

He felt lonely at that moment and badly missed a companion.

'Dad. Wake up. Open the door.' Jai was woken up with early morning call that weekend. It was his boys paying him a surprise visit. His boys presence made the villa come alive.

'Srikanth I'm off this afternoon. Going for a business lunch planned long before. Will be back around four.' Jai told his son.

' No problem dad. Enjoy the lunch.'

On returning back he found his younger son Sriram playing in Badminton court and elder son Srikanth was talking with Priya in park bench. Vivaan was also seen in the play area.

Jai didn't see Priya after that day. Since Jai occupies the executive cabin, he rarely comes across mid level employees unless they have official appointment or meeting.

'Hello Mr Jai' Priya greeted Jai.

'Call him Jai in the apartment. Mr sounds odd here.' interrupted Srikanth.

'So I gather you met my sons, I need not trouble you with introductions…..' Jai asked Priya.

'Yes. Quite an interesting and delightful company they are' she said.

They stood there talking for few minutes. Jai noted Priya's hands. She was wearing a huge diamond ring; just like the one he gifted Aarthi. His mind wavered to those memories again.

On the other hand Jai's presence made Priya little uncomfortable. Not that he was her super boss but the way Jai maintained his professional demeanor even during casual talk in apartment. It’s very apparent that he wanted to maintain the official distance.

Little did Priya knew that Jai himself will tell her about a personal problem and ask for her advise on the same.

Contd...

sindmani, Arunarc, Deepu04 and 3 others like this.
  6. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Again another good episode..... Will see how the story goes further.

7. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

One more nice episode. Curious read coming episodes.

rajatsingh likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

Thank you Aarthi

9. blackbeauty84

Thanks leenam :)

10. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oooooooooooooooooooooo..that is what Priya in uncomfortable with....Vivaan should help changing Jais' mannerism at home..lol..very lively episode BB.

--PS