Finest Posts - October 2016 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Viswamitra, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My last nomination for the month is one that will fortunately not add to Viswa's required reading. : ) I am seconding dnormx01's nomination of @blindpup10 's post Entertaining Guests With Pets

The thread gave rise to some interesting discussion, and while there was a little bit of bow-wow in between, : ) all readers, both pet owners, and those with friends who are pet owners learned a lot.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rihana,

Thank you for nominating Rakhii's Greetings From An Old Timer And A Quick Update On Life. Rakhii was an excellent contributor to this forum and I used to come across many of her posts including those who are looking to adopt children.

This update of her made me smile ear to ear and it is very kind of her to share her happiness with all of us. Her chant, believers or non-believers, only reflects the point that the power of subconscious mind to have determination/will power to lead a happy life can work wonders in real life. No one can change our life but ourselves. This post of hers is one of the best of the positive posts I have read in a while.

I am so happy for her and her family.

Viswa

Rihana and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Rihana,

Thank you for nominating sbonigala's When Patience Is Tested And Respect Is Bound To Be Lost - Aplogies For The Major Rant.

I wish every newly-married women learn that simple philosophy that the happiness is not sanctioned by anyone else but derived from our own attitude towards life. Her post is not about her inlaws and not even about standing for herself but her will power to be happy irrespective of the circumstances. Life is never going to be ideal to our taste and we have to make it work as it comes. Those words from her husband that she should stand for herself and he would support her did the trick to her to look life differently.

Viswa

Rihana and vaidehi71 like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Rihana,

Thank you for nominating Sokanasanah's When To Research Medical Symptoms And Diagnoses. I have no doubts his responses are up to the point and brings out the most relevant information one needs to know. He is astute by nature, I guess and he has not inculcated this because he is a Professor. In fact, I enjoyed reading multiple responses from him in the same thread.

I take this opportunity to share my thoughts on the subject. Ever since, internet became the world of information for people to access, even physicians no longer need to remember everything they learned in the school but could always refer to medical journals available online. When diagnosis comes from the knowledge, the course of treatment comes from the experience. Many take a position that ignorance is bliss as far as analyzing the symptoms in the internet because a simple head ache could be described as a mere migraine to malignant tumor in the brain.

I prefer to educate myself about the symptoms of a disease only after I was hit with something and I follow the discipline of starting from simple reasons instead of taking a top down approach. That mental discipline helps me not to panic when I read content that declares me dead when I am still alive.

Viswa

vaidehi71 and Rihana like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Rihana,

Thank you for seconding @dnormx01's nomination of @blindpup10's thread Entertaining Guests With Pets.

Frankly, everyone of your nomination is worth reading more than once and I enjoyed reading them. When I enjoy reading something, it fails to be a burden.

Viswa

Rihana likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Vijiakka,

Thank you for nominating Smt. Jayasala's Have You Participated In A Quiz?. This community respects her not only for her eloquent writing skills but also for the content that leaves nothing for others to comment. When I visualize how someone could cover so much in one thread, I think how the person should be thinking before she starts writing a thread. This kind of details won't come in unless someone has great depth of knowledge and astonishing experience in life to compare life experiences with Quiz.

I believe life is a marathon and we keep running until we see the finish line. There is no winner or loser in this and everyone who enjoyed running and finishing it well is rewarded with a new life and more energetic body and mind to build stamina from the start.

Her final conclusion that we are knowingly or unknowingly following the teachings of Bhagavad Gita is stunning!

Viswa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.