1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

80-90's Era Rocked!!be It Hero/heroine/directors..read On!!

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Oct 25, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Be it Tamil,Hindi or any other regional language the 80-90's era rocked!!

The charm those heroes and heroines had!!

We had shahrukh,(folk)salman(Maine pyar kiya),Amir (qayamat se..),Karthik,arvind swamy,ajith,Abbas,prasanth ,madhavan,nagarjuna,venkatesh(sorry do not know much about other regional languages)

Heroines almost everyone was really beautiful in their own way and talented plus expressive..nowadays we have only "fit bodies".honestly,the faces lacks the charm and expressions of those heroines in 90's.

The songs were beautiful and we heard the lyrics over the music compared to the songs these days..

Romance was beautiful!!!take alaipayudhey for e.g. Or even kadhal
    Dream/prema desam,minnale which is rhtdm in Hindi..there was a beautiful innocence in it and so awesome.nowadays love means sex and living together in most movies..

It's all about fashion
    And clothes nowadays and lot of drama.we have only a simbu/vishal type hero or heroines who have plastic surgery written all over them!!

Directors were really intense and talented but I don't know
    About directors nowadays

Voice of spb was so powerful and there Is no one like him and love chitra.she has the voice of honey..

Movies like Agni natchathiram,nayak,roja etc they don't make movies like that anymore

Many more..miss that era..movie industry will
    Never be the same anymore

Do u like contemporary movies or those days?

knbg, Raniz, idonthatemylife and 4 others like this.
  2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I totally agree .... old days in India and USA had heros and heroines with natural beauty.

anika987 likes this.
  3. Suja9

Suja9 Silver IL'ite

Yes.. I too have thought on this topic a few days back.. Heroines were totally different from each other, they weren't clones. And each one was appreciated for their USP.. (Like Nadiya hairbun, dresses, Amala's hair) Their performance was too good (Like Revathi)... And now :BangHead:

knbg and anika987 like this.
  4. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Ya I too agree on this. Those days there were few actors who stayed long in the industry if their performance were good, but nowadays many new films have new faces of which most disappear after the debut film.
    Directors ya there were very good ones those days but even today we have few who take films that touch the heart. Nowadays they have come out from the regular circle and give more daring films with social message as well (not all).
    Those days movies, songs and actors stayed long in people's heart which is missing nowadays.

Raniz and anika987 like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You know how some friends we make in childhood, school, college or first job, often feel like the best we ever made?

It is to do with our age. We find movies we watched in late teens or early twenties to be the ones we cherish and recall. Then, busy years of life come around. Once the kids are a little older and we have more dispensable time to watch movies that are not kids movies/cartoons, we start to find some movies remarkable again. Until.. you grow even more older, and the hero/heroine start to be much younger than you.... : )

Raniz, knbg, Anvitha and 2 others like this.
  6. chandmaha

chandmaha New IL'ite

Yes, The movies and actors of yesteryear's were good and its was like we can watch them with family members , their costume, hair style . Specially the music and lyrics was wonderful.

We really miss those melodies in the current films .

anika987 likes this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I find heroines so insecure these days like Samantha who despite being beautiful had to go for plastic surgery.even then they cnnot be compared to Radha,Nadia,amala(how cute she was in Agni natchathriam),even madhubala who was so powerful,expressive in roja..
    K recently saw arangetra velia..wat comedy and Michael madan..

No way these days movies can be compared

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    Raniz likes this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Come on rihana :)
    Even I first thought that way..

Which hero these days has the charm and looks of Arvind swampy,ajith,Abbas and Maddy???

Simbu/visual/dhanush??

The leading heros are still
    Srkmand salman and only ranbir is the saving grace but def he still
    Doesn't excude
    Charm like the previous heros..

Heroines cannot be compared even to 60's

Directors like maniratnam and at Rahman,Illayaraja are from 90's and there r no one like them!

Voices r good these days but no one. An match the intense and powerful voice of spb..

I do enjoy current movies but when it atleast comes to romance they cannot be the 90's but have to give it to gautam me on who is the only savings grace when it comes to romance but he also started in 99-2000..

:)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  9. Anvitha

Anvitha Moderator Staff Member Gold IL'ite

i too agree.
    especially movie stories used to be good , so many characters unlike focusing only on lead pair and a friend.

i too to luv to watch 80 90s movie and start boring & boasting with my kids . lol

Raniz and anika987 like this.
  10. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Hi

I am Rani. I like your posts. After a long time I am starting to follow Indusladies. If tamil members interested in tamil cinema I would like to suggest you a blog about tamil cinema : 1916 Do go through like and give your valuable comments on the blog page & share with your friends. Thank you.

anika987 likes this.