1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Same Sex Marriage - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sbonigala, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

Reminded of this :)
    For the record: on topic to question from @sbonigala - its their life, their wish. Not for others to "comment" and "validate".

2. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

True. Roles of both parents provider/caretaker is what needs to be present. Gender is irrelevant.

3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for sharing the pic @Ragini25 .
    Just a bit unsure what it implies. Was there anything you wanted to convey via that picture and I missed understanding it?

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Marrying cousins and marrying your uncle are acceptable in many communities.It is considered incest in rest of the world ......
    If at all incest ever become acceptable...it will be more because of heterosexuals than homosexuals .So why use that reason in the argument. Doesn't make sense.
    I am sorry...but ignorance does not make a good argument.

SunPa, Rihana, SGBV and 2 others like this.
  5. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Very true! Agreed!:thumbup:

GlobetrotterG likes this.
  6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@APS45

So what are you trying to say?

Do you think it is OK if homosexuals pretend to be heterosexuals, and marry someone different to their sexual orientation and lead a sexless marriage forever due to their difference of taste, pleasure, discomfort or whatever (taken from your words).
    This happens vastly in India and many sub continent countries because of the social stigma and legal matters associated with homosexuality.
    This, not only affect the homosexual person, but also the innocent human who chose to marry them.
    Their marriage becomes hell, and their life becomes pointless due to this. But many wouldn't come out because their personal sexual problem is not something to be discussed openly. Again social stigma and taboo.

I have a question from the people who are against legalizing same sex marriage.

What is your solution to this problem, other than legalizing it?

a) Do you want to punish them, and put every homosexual person in jail
    b) Do you want to promote heterosexuality; thus homosexual people could change their sexual orientation
    c) Do you want the homosexual people to pretend as if they are heterosexual people, and marry as normal. No need to worry what happens after that
    D) Sweep the whole problem under the carpet

Or do you have any other solutions?

7. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I think @SGBV nailed it.
    • What is your solution ?

Rihana likes this.
  8. APS45

APS45 Silver IL'ite

There are enough of authentic research materials by psychologist about homosexuality available in open forum, both for and against, please spend your time reading both and make a fair conclusion. The stage managed arguments of LGBT community deserve only dust bin. Gender fluidity is a term coined by LGBT community, promoting their own confused mind. The declassification of homosexuality by APA in 1973 (American Psychiatric Association’s) itself is termed as "medical hoax of the century" by its own members, because the decision was political and there was no discussion and consensus for such decision. On a random poll in 1977 by APA, 69% of psychologist said they believed ‘homosexuality is usually a pathological adaptation, as opposed to a normal variation,’ 18% disagreed and 13% were uncertain. And this debate and differences continues till date among psychologist, I would listen to experts, not the stage managed arguments of LGBT communities. I am fine to be ignorant by the standards of LGBT communities.

Of course yes, I teach my kids to seek and accept the truth and base their argument on authentic materials and not be carried away by the ocean of unqualified and propagandist information being sold as ultimate truth. Please do the same to your kids too. A society built on false information can never be better.

Do you know the problem first? Then comes the solution. The real problem itself hijacked. In the race of scoring on progressiveness, the effort of identifying real reason for homosexuality (and therefore the solution) already reached a forced death. Therefore, the question of treating and changing the sexual orientation does not arise, at least in foreseeable future.

For the limited question of legalizing homosexual unions, that is acceptable if and only if the relationship is confined between the two and barred from adopting or having their child by any other means. I choose to listen to the reasoning of many psychologist that homosexuals have strong feelings of inadequacy, and therefore they better care only for self, not children. Children are natural choice only for heterosexual couple. In the race of scoring high on progressiveness and human rights, let us not suppress the rights of the children.

9. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Medicine has com a long way since 1970s. Homosexuality was considered a mental 'disorder' then . The term slowly changed to a mental 'health issue'. Then the slow progression towards acceptance as another type of 'sexual orientation'. Hence the terms gay, lesbian, bisexual. There are doctors and research scientists who are part of the LGBT communities. The terms and explanations will keep changing forever. One day experts could say that homosexuality is a very accepted norm. Will heterosexuals change then?

This is somewhat true. The reason for halting the effort is not progressiveness, but acceptance of a natural occurrence. Why research about something that is as natural as heterosexuality?

All human beings inadequate in one way or the other, at a certain point in life. The caring for self and not for children is more common in heterosexual marriages.

kaniths, guesshoo, vaidehi71 and 2 others like this.
  10. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Should be then easy for u to provide us with a few refs....no? Handwaving it away with some quotes from zealots from the 70 s does not count.

To the point..yes I usually make it a point to read up well before I form opinions. Fairly convinced that sexual orientation is not a perversion or choice anymore than left /right handedness. Did u know that at one point left handedness was considered a choice and sin and kids were forced to be right handed and in the process some were left clumsy for life.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    SunPa, Sparkle, guesshoo and 2 others like this.