Entertaining Guests With Pets

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by blindpup10, Oct 18, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: This would be hilarious to see our dog in.

Amica likes this.
  2. blindpup10

Thanks for understanding @Sparkle :)

Amica likes this.
  3. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Pet pals & those who tolerate their Pals pets & those who love their Pals but not their Pets & to All animal lovers & non lovers.......It has been a great reading experience to go thru all the posts .Congrats to the originator of this lively thread ...blindpup10. Hope you will not mind if I say that you have a very intriguing User name indeed.If there is a story behind it hope you will agree to share it with us.
    Your thread has led to a great response.Usually one hardly sees members responding so whole heartedly in this Forum so it has been solely your effort here in this thread that you opened that resulted in so much input.We got to see a lot of view points from Pets owners and guests who did not fancy dogs.If any of you here have Pets at home hope you will post pictures of your darlings in the thread ..."Join the Club...Membership Free!" in our Pets Forum here.It will be a very welcome spin off from this topic:beer-toast1:

blindpup10 likes this.
  4. blindpup10

I am here to share a very sad story of my friend's dog that got attacked by a large dog on a trail. This is from my friend's FB post that I have shared.

"A quiet Sunday started off with a great sermon at the new church down the street from me ...With such a beautiful day like yesterday I figured I would take the boys out to Red Rock for a quick hike and back in time for my bible study @ 6...my plan was going super well and as we started heading to our car I heard a woman voice from the hill far above "I'm so sorry ..I'm so sorry...she's friendly" I looked up and saw this big dog running down the hill towards me and my two 6lbs dogs.
    My first thought was ****!!!!!!! I have nothing on me !no stun gun, no fox spray ..no hiking pole ..nothing ! What she said abt her dog being friendly didn't resonate and settle well with me somehow ..even way before this dog got to us! You know how when u know something really bad about to go down and u feel like u are in vacuum hearing your thoughts **** ! **** ! ****!!!! Was all my brain could come up with !
    Apparently, my dogs sensed it too ..I looked down and they started running around my ankles with their leash on (I have a couple) ..I shouted to these two lifeless statues to come get their dog and I looked down their dog sunk his teeth into my little guy Truffles and yanked him around ...I started screaming and pulling .. he let go and then went for my other dog Reese's ..both my dogs were totally defenseless just waiting literally waiting for their turns as I pulled and yanked screamed ..at some point I lost grip of my leash and just watched this beast eating my dogs alive!! I scooped as many rocks in my hands and threw at home ..on my knees I was gathering everything I could around me but nothing would stop him .He was focused and none of the rocks nor my heavy iPhone 6 Plus wouldn't stop him even for a second
    Meanwhile, I kept yelling for the dog owners to come down.I looked over they were still far up the hill I thought u **** holes you gonna stand there and watch this whole ordeal?? I was totally defenseless ..hopelessly fighting to get my dogs away from the beast and whatever happened to all the people I just saw a few minutes ago ...but now I was all Alone !! There was not a single soul near me to help
    I had never been this terrified in my life ..watching your dogs being chewed up right in front of your own eyes is not for the faint hearts
    They couple finally came down the hill and pin the beast down while I grabbed my dogs to see what damage he did ..Reese's was bleeding heavily but the dog owner said I caused it to bleed coz I was touching the punctured skin ..but he wouldn't stop bleeding on both sides of his body. Meanwhile, my little Truffles immediately planted face down his body was lifeless I kept calling his name and propped him up but he couldn't stand up he look bad
    There was no reception at Red Rock but I knew I had to take them to the hospital. The woman kept saying I was just in shock ..more than my dogs ..like a zombie I just kept walking trying to get to my car
    Reese's was crying and laying on me while Truffles lifeless body just laid on the passenger seat.
    As I started driving away tears down like a flood and...
    and I wailed all the way till I got back in town. They both started breathing weird I pulled over to google for hospital while trying g to pour water down into their mouths coz Truffles wouldn't drink
    They kept them both ; Truffles is in the critical care they monitored his vitals and ran blood works every few hours through the night. He had a hole under his arm and air was escaping ..had broken ribs and his
    left lung was pushed in ..They operated on him few hours ago and discharged Reese's with four medications
    By the time I left the hospital I could barely stand on
    my two feet..my neck, shoulder and my back were in so much pain ..thank god for 24hrs LVAC I went to the hot tub for some relief
    Pls pray for the little guy he's barely a year old ..
    $5000 later I'm still hoping they both will recover well from this tragedy ...the total bill is $7000 and so now I look for the owner and I ask for prayers both physically emotionally and financially
    I woke up this morning like I was beaten senseless by a baseball bat or something hard and violent ! Every part of my body was crying for help ..but I went anyway to see Truffles before his surgery ..he was still very much in shock ..he didn't look like he even recognized me ..I held him for a long long time
    In my anger and feeling of absolute helplessness I had a dream last night ..,the same event took place but I had a stick in my hand and I was beating this dog who attacked mine senseless. Am I wicked
    ? ?"

Update

"
    I had the dog owners met me just now at the hospital she came to tell me she's broke no job and she sleeps on couch ..that was her first intro. I told her I'm stuck with a $7000 bill and my little guy had part of his lung removed this afternoon so God knows what else to come ..and she said she only $400 to her name and that if I take it she wants me to sign a paper to say I will not go after her
    She also said she has her dog for 3yrs was never this way otherwise she would not have her off leash ...I know this accidentally slipped out of her coz she told me when it happened the dog got off the leash but no leash was trailing behind him ..she also said she was sorry it took them so long to come down to me becoz they had to restrain the other dog which is BS coz there were two humans either of them could have come down - I screamed forever and looked up 3x during the attack pleading for them to come get their dog. She told me there no leash law there. Animal control said they will pursue criminally and encourage me to find civil attorney since I'm stuck with a huge bill ..and to top it off she doesn't even live here she's from CA!!
    No..unfortunately I didn't get a single thing from her that day I was in such shock I didn't want any of dogs dying on me I wanted to leave quick to get help ..but my gf help me and tracked her down on FB
    I couldn't see Truffles after the surgery but met the doctor and he said they will keep monitoring him throughout the nite ..it's a big surgery for a little 5.5lbs dog..who has broken ribs and missing lung [​IMG]:( I'm soooo angry)
    "

Hope Truffle recovers, felt this is something I wanted to share.

Pets can be unpredictable even for pet owners. Nobody should get hurt by other's pets.

Few more do's and dont's-
    1.Know your rights, in case a pet attacks you.
    2.Check the rules of the trail, if you are hiking. As far as I know, if it's a pet-friendly trail-all most all pet-friendly trails require dogs to be leashed. Call out the pet owners who are not following this rule.
    3. The owner must and should take responsibility for their pets and are held responsible for their bad behavior.
    4.Don't hesitate to call Animal control, in case of a dog bite.
    5. If you have small dogs as pets, be extra careful when they are around large dogs.
    6. Sometimes small dogs can be ferocious too.
    7. Touch/ pet a dog or even go near it ONLY if the owner approves.
    8. Dont feed or give treats in the absence of the owner.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    Paulina and rai like this.
  5. rai

rai Platinum IL'ite

Horrible! My heart bleeds for those little ones. Hope the recover soon.

blindpup10 likes this.
  6. saraswatim

saraswatim Bronze IL'ite

:cry::cry::cry: poor poor poor babies. hope they recover fast.

blindpup10 likes this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:anguished: Yikes, @blindpup10! I hope Reese's and Truffles recover completely.

What an ordeal for your friend! I can't imagine what she's going through. :(

blindpup10 likes this.
  8. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Such a shocking experience. Read thru with a racing heart that had tears streaming down from my eyes.God forbid that any pet lover goes thru such a traumatic situation.All prayers for the two little pups especially the one in critical care still .Good to read all the precautions one must take....so kind of your pal to make a loist of all the DON'TS during this heart breaking time so that others will be careful and not suffer what she has gone through.Speedy recovery dear doggies .

blindpup10 and rai like this.
  9. blindpup10

Hi Paulina,
    I just shared my friends FB post as I felt appropriate for this thread discussion.
    I wrote up the do's and dont's based on my friend's experience.
    Thanks everyone for your kind words and wishes. Both the dogs are home and are doing better.
    Truffles has one lung removed and Reese's just has escaped with a punctured hole ( which got patched)
    I am not sure what happened with the large dog owner. I dont think she paid a cent.

10. blindpup10

I know poor doggies. They are better now, but still seeing pets in the hospital is a stomach-churning level of sadness.
    I really feel bad for my friend as she is an older woman and an empty nester. She got 2 Shih Tzu puppies to keep herself occupied.

Amica likes this.