Managing The Stakeholder

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by omsrisai, Oct 18, 2016.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi Girls,

I would like to get your suggestions from your work experience on how you handled a stake holder who plays that he/she is smart before the leadership team that only because of that individual we are doing a work.

Eg: Last week Wednesday had a conversation with this person and was requested to send file on Thursday, but i completely forgot it due to my other operational deliverables but that person during my conversation on Thursday a didn't give a reminder of asked me for the file, however on Friday that person sent an email to me and my boss as an escalation stating i didn't send the file etc.

Need to understand how best can we handle these kind of people.

So that i can know better to handle there situations

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Two things stand out: one is you are using your other deliverablse as an excuse/reason for failing to send. Second - you are placing part of the responsibility for your sending the file on that person.

This episode could be handled by replying to the email, cc'ing boss, with a to-the-point something like: "Sorry it escaped my mind. Here it is."

Needless cc'ing or cc'ing with an agenda is a known office tactic/problem, but in this single case, that person was in the right to cc your boss.

If you give some more examples of how he/she tries to present himself/herself as most important, maybe some suggestions can be given.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana ,

Thanks for your reply and time.
    I will come back and provide you with some more examples later.