Stay Back Or Shift To Kl??

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by poojaagar, Oct 22, 2016.

1. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Hi All,

Iam writing here as im in great confusion...
    my hubby recently got an offer in KL and is planning to move there and come back on weekends to sg as we live here for quite long years..

now i feel instead of make him commute every weekend is it better we shift there...but one thing is we are so much used to sg and my daughter just started p1 here in local school...

and im looking for job actively here as i completed my masters recently...girls so what do u suggest kl or sg??

to add one more pt is i can get job here easily as i have local degree but i ve to hire a maid as my hubby will be out of town during week days and to oversee my daughter we need someone to stay with us...even housework is shared if i keep a maid...is it worth to shift there or be here itself and its going to be little long term for my hubby as he cant immediately come back a it will affect his reputation..

2. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

3. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Hi Pooja,
    some doubts - How long is this ,permanent or 1-2 years? Is this a new employer? If so, I would suggest let him first settle down in the job . Around 3-6 months down he know how is the job, how is KL, is it worth settle there, how is schooling , can he adjust to the food there etc.

My experience is , the initial 2-4 months will be hard, you and DD adjusting to the new normal, the commute for your DH. But after that both you and your DH will know what you want better.

So keep your options open. Life in KL can be a bit different from singapore. It is cheaper cost of living, better house but worse security, car but traffic. Different people are comfortable with different things. Instead of him visiting you every weekend, perhaps during hols you and your DD can visit him for a few days, that would be good change and experience. And then you can better judge where you can build a home.

PS on a different note, have you checked the income tax? For foreigners and assuming a good package, the tax rate is 25% which is a big jump from the tax rate in Singapore. If you and the kids are there, there are some rebates he can claim.

AkilaMani likes this.
  4. poojaagar

poojaagar Bronze IL'ite

Thank you so much for replying
    Yes this will be new for him
    Have you also experienced like this?
    Yes I also thought the whole family need not move first so that he can settle first
    But how the commute will be
    Will it be hectic to travel week after week
    Can I also work there