1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Unicorn Prince: Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Shalumurthy, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Her Unicorn Prince': Chapter 2

Leilavathi boarded the bus. She was hugging her luggage as she found a dark cozy spot for herself in the bus. She then covered her head with a scarf and carefully took out her coolers and wore it though it was dark.

She wanted to hide herself from anybody who could come looking for her.

“Why hasn’t the bus started yet? He might notice I’m gone!!” All these thoughts made a chill run down her spine. She was profusely sweating now. Her throat had gone dry!

She rummaged her bag for a bottle of water. As she drank water, she wondered when the last time she drank water in peace was.

‘Freedom’. It was sweet and those who had been looking for it were martyrs in Leila’s opinion.

She was desperate to run away from her home. She wanted free air to breathe, freedom to sing shout and express her joy!

How she was going to miss her lovely parents but what had to be done had to be done!!

And the reason for all this was “Pranav”.

His very thought bought fear in leila’s eyes!

"Why did I meet him and why did I accept for this horrible marriage!!” Leila’s thoughts wandered.

“Pranav” was an alliance that came her way when leilavathi’s parents were searching for a groom for her.

Pranav was settled, he had a secure job and a big home and they were from a decent family.His looks alone were enough for Leila’s approval.

Their courtship days were beautiful. He had taken her out and planned for exotic surprises for her. Leila’s was a princess for her parents and Pranav made sure he treated her that way.

All her wishes were satisfied. Leila was still in a daze of what was happening around her.

She had the most beautiful family one could ask for and she was to marry the most handsome man who knew how to treat a woman.

Leila’s love for cooking and crafts knew no bounds when her fiancé gave her all the freedom she enjoyed from her parents.

“Who said marriage was a compromise? It was sheer bliss” she argued with her friends.

Her days began with Pranav and it ended with Pranav. She was completely in love with him.

Her career took a back seat since she wanted to spend each and every second with him.

On the day of her engagement, Leila was decked with jewelry of all shapes and varied designs but one jewel that caught her eyes was that of a blood orange emerald decked in a small oval locket with small gold beads and pearls that formed the chain.

“Oh wow!! It’s beautiful!!” Leila exclaimed when Pranav entered her room.

“Do you like it?” He smiled at her.

“It’s beautiful!!” Leila’s eyes were full of joy that she was with her Pranav.

“It’s for you!! It was in our family for decades and I wanted you to have it!!” Pranav took the gold and pearl chain from her hand and moved across to wear it around her neck.

“There!! It’s beautiful now…it was as if it’s been waiting for you so long!!” Pranav exclaimed when he moved back for Leila to enjoy its beauty in the mirror!!

“Ticket…Ticket…Where do you want to go?” The conductor stood right in front of Leila but she failed to notice.

“Madam ...Madam. Hello…Where do you want to go?” The conductor waved his hands in front of Leila’s face to get her attention.

“Huh? Oh I’m sorry…What did you ask me?” Leila fumbled for words since she was sucked in to her memories of the past.

“Ticket madam. Where do you want to go?” The conductor now seemed to lose patience!

Leila had not decided on her destination. She was desperate to go anywhere in the world where Pranav could not find her.

“I’m sorry. What’s the last stop this bus goes to?” She enquired.

“Coimbatore!” The conductor almost screamed.

“Okie…one Coimbatore plz!”Leila reached into her purse and pulled out a hundred rs note and as the conductor moved on the next person, Leila relaxed.

Leila rested her head against the hard seat of the bus!

“Have you seen this lady? She wore a pink sari today…Have you seen her?”

The voice seemed too familiar for Leila to ignore; so she peeped out the window of the bus and froze as she saw Pranav!

Rampuri9 and Deepu04 like this.

2. aarthi28

aarthi28 Platinum IL'ite

Hey Shalu, the entry of the story was like a Fairy Tale, but seems to be like normal one, but different start...
    Nice start and the two chapters posted so far arise with lots of questions in our minds. Please post longer episodes dear.... Good one...