1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Wife Doesn't Want To Live With My Family Anymore. I'm So Depressed.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rthor05, Oct 13, 2016.

Should I start living separately with my wife? And leave my family.

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    65.8%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    34.2%
  1. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Wow Op...between your last post and the latest one,you managed to record their conversation, expose them in front of the father,defame her among her relatives.Very efficient and very effective.

The advice you are getting is obviously more effective and deadly than the advice your wife is getting.Don't worry....you will be fine.

bron, NeetaR and coolgal123 like this.
  2. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Do you know how to cook??

Are you accepting her parents?? she is also standing in front of you because of her parents only....

May be now you can understand why your wife is hating your mother...

bron, abla, sindmani and 7 others like this.
  3. Cantdecide

Cantdecide Silver IL'ite

Wow, you need to get a grip on the situation or your wife is on the path of making sabji and roti for only herself and not even you. You need to listen to your wife and hear her frustrations and concerns. Even if they do not seem to make sense to you or unreasonable, you both need to figure out a compromise together.

Are you able to take a weekend trip away with your wife to get some alone time and see how you guys are together? The reality is that there is no way to make her happy with the way the circumstances are now and you are just making them worse by trying to force it upon her.

NeetaR likes this.
  4. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Did he not feel it is quite rude to mention all these that too on ladies forum

abla likes this.
  5. sunshine1970

sunshine1970 Gold IL'ite

Wow I am totally speechless. You should not have gotten married, as you are not mature enough to take on a relationship. I would love it if your wife recorded you and your mother and how you talk bad things about her and played it for your dad and her family. You had one incident with her mother and you hate her, meanwhile who knows what your mother has said or done to your wife. If I was your wife's friend I would tell her to run for the hills unless you move out. In many countries it is illegal to record people's conversations. I can't believe the level you stooped to. She did not come back to you on her own accord you blackmailed her to.

bron, abla, sindmani and 3 others like this.
  6. sslkgpaa

sslkgpaa Gold IL'ite

Liked this soo very much...

7. NandiniGG

NandiniGG Silver IL'ite

"Today morning she didn't served me breakfast my mom did, also mom made 2 tiffin but she only took mine and packed my bag."

I don't do that even for my 6 year old.Your mom has spoiled you big time.Why??because you happen to be a man in India.Can't you ask them that you want to do your basic stuff yourself.Thats why your wife wants to get out.She has married a 24 year old who is supposed to be responsible and run a family together not with a spoiled 4 year old.I am sorry for rude words but your statements and attitude just boiled my blood.

All the advices here seems waste for you helping your mom in the kitchen and not force your wife as she is also a modern young working women.Wow!i don't believe this in 21st century.It looks like men have taken a vow not to change themselves with time.They only support Joint family system on the name of Indian culture because its convenient to them for their own selfish reasons.

"She saying I'm here only for you. But this is not fair as, she has to accept my parents too. Because of them I'm standing in front of her."

Is that a big favor from you that you are standing in front of her?What are you some kind of Godfather or something?She is also standing in front of you because of her parents.You are not doing a favor to her by being married to her.If she is not feeling at home with your family and we can see why,then she can express her concerns.

bron, abla, minn1 and 6 others like this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Why stoop so low? No one else except you and your wife has a say in deciding if you both should live out of your home. She is dramatic and you are cheap.

Why? Is your kitchen guarded with special magic that knocks you off every time you go?

You are done with all stupidity or decided to act more stupid than her?

You cannot solve this problem by forcing you wife to stay with your parents and going behind her back. Unless you both meet in the middle, you guys are headed downhill.

bron, abla, minn1 and 2 others like this.
  9. Brevity

Brevity Gold IL'ite

Your issues are small. Most marriages face these.
    Promise your wife that you will take care of her happiness. Apologize for recording and play back nonsenses. She may forgive eventually.
    You are still in your newly married phase. Enjoy your time. Go out on trips and short outings. Shower her with attention and love. Be fair to her. You both are working. So you also need to contribute to house work and chores. Ignore your mother if she discourages.

24 is not too young to take up responsibility. My husband was 24 and I was 21 when we married. Before we took off to our new city where we both would work and live, my MIL told these golden words - Son, please get off your butt and do things around your house. Don't sit with a newspaper in the morning.
    I love her for that.

bron, NeetaR, monita and 2 others like this.
  10. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

So you sneak and record a mom daughter conversation use it against them and expect to have a happy family.You can't adjust and don't like your wife mother, you have a choice of going back to your house and not dealing with her mother.But you expect your wife to live and stay and cook and adjust daily with your mother.
    Either stay separate or live like two separate families in the same home. The best you can do is get in and help your mom and wife in household work

bron, abla, sindmani and 3 others like this.