Solah Somwaar Vrat(16 wks of monday Fast)

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by amrita.sinha, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Anandpardeshi

Anandpardeshi New IL'ite

Hi
    I was observing strictly till last monday but mistakenly or rather say cauae of forgetfulness i ate breakfast and lunch later got reminded that i have broken unknowingly..questions..
    1. Can i continue the fast ignoring this one
    2. Am i eligible for continuing the fast

2. mounika08

mounika08 New IL'ite

hi,
    i started 16 somvar vrath and completed 2 weeks..the procedure i followed was took bath in the mng, prayed lord ganesha n shiva and read the vrath katha and offered milk and fruits as prasad...i observed strict fast till sunset and took fruits and milk after the sunset..i just went through the replies here and came to know that i should make a shivalinga with mud which i didnt do for the last 2 weeks...can i continue the vrath without the shivalinga for the rest of the vrath...can i start doing it from this week or re-start the entire vrath from the beginning?plz guide me asap

thanks in advance

3. kumudhh

kumudhh New IL'ite

Hello Bharti!!
    Thq
    Thanks for mentioning process so nicely.
    But would like to know I hace started Tulsi patta solah somvar vrat.
    How to do this Tulsi Vrat ? Its same way, one leaf offer to shiva, another to self and rest to family.
    Please reply.
    Thanks
    and how to do it on 16th day?

4. AquaK

AquaK New IL'ite

For this vrat, to offer three 3 Churna Laddu, one is suppose to be eaten by your self, one to distribute, the one which is to be offered to Shivji, what you do with the laddu.. what you do with that laddu.. do you eat as Prasad later... ?

5. Pyarisaheli10

Pyarisaheli10 New IL'ite

Hello everyone, new here.
    I started solah somvar but need to travel out if town on Monday which I cannot miss, what do I do. Please help.

6. AquaK

AquaK New IL'ite

I live in US and have done 16 somwars , but next monad would be my 17th (udyapan) .. but do not know how this would be possible. I am a fulltime working woman.. and going to the shiv temple for udyapan will be difficult and plus , while doing this vrat.. I have not told my husband that I am doing this vrat and not sure how I do the udyapan , as he makes fun of me and shouts .. and in the book, it says 5 sher chrurma.. what is it equivalent to?