What Does Your "daily Life" Look Like??

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Oct 21, 2016.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

lemme begin with mine..
    I get up around six,brush and drink my filter coffee (happiest part of the day :))

Then I cook some lunch pack for husband,wake up kid,usual routine of brush,breakfast,shower,then leave them in daycare.they go from 9 to 3.so by the time I drop and come back it is 9.30 and then am off to gym or do yoga or home aerobics and it becomes 11.30 am.After that shower,pray god,(of course check indusladies every two hours more ham fb:)) and eat lunch.After that laundary,sometimes grocery,sometimes spa,library,laundromat,clean up home and cook dinner and then clean up kitchen again and by the time all this is done time is two 'o' clock at the least.then dress up half hour tv or internet and off to daycare.evening full time with kid and it goes just like that.

Despite the above I feel very lonely especially during winters and makes me think if this is the usual life of other women too.i try to keep busy but I don't want to try.

Do you remember your school and college days?how lovely were those days :))

Sometimes I feel after marriage if this is all to life??even when I was working it was job and home and again the routine.

What is your usual routine life like and how do you make it exciting?

SGBV, momsky and vaidehi71 like this.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

This is not the usual life of most women I know. You should count your blessings. You are able to stay home and put your kids in daycare which gives you a very nice daily chunk of time for yourself. Most women have to balance WOH/WAH+kids or SAH without extra help/babysitting.
    You could enroll in some classes that interest you or a certificate program at one of your local universities or community college. Or volunteer in something that is close to your heart: at a library, in a hospital, food bank and so on.

coolgal123, vaidehi71 and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks malstrom.i have completed few
    Certification courses and am planning to do one more soon.Started to apply for jobs too.

Kiddo is going to be four and the first two three years ,having the kid at home was very tough on me too.did not have any help and only now getting the above time.

Generally want to know what is a "daily routine life" of a woman..what about you malstrom?

4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

On a lighter note, since gymming is also physical work( emotionally gratifying) physically exhausting so sometimes it is little tiring to handle kids and housework

Also how do you guys entertain younger kids after school without them getting bored?

5. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I don't have kids so life is pretty simple. I work full time out of the house so most weekdays I am away for 10 hours. Walking my dogs takes an hour total, 15 min in the morning and about 45 min in the evening. We eat simple meals and I usually cook a couple of dishes over the weekend which we round out with salads. So I don't cook on a daily basis. MY DH is thankfully not picky about food. We pick up the house everyday as best as we can, and I have a cleaning lady come in every 2 weeks so I leave the heavy lifting to her. I volunteer with an animal rescue one evening a week. Otherwise I catch up on reading and usually have a craft project going on. Right now I'm crocheting an afghan as a Christmas present for my MIL.

cheenu123 and anika987 like this.
  6. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

@anika987
    I have pretty much the same routine everyday but I love each day and welcome all mornings with prayers. I thank God for His mercy, for giving me an extremely caring husband and well-mannered kids...

anika987 likes this.
  7. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

.....you can visit some nearby temple or gurudwara...visiting these places soothes mind..
    Or else...if you have Indian friends in your vicinity..then you can have weekly spiritual programs at home eg reciting Hanuman Chalisa on Tuesdays or Sai Satcharitra on Thursdays etc.
    My brother's wife told me that in US..beauticians are very much in demand...so perhaps...if you are interested...you can get a certification in skin hair care...and can make a good 'beautiful ' career for yourself .

Regarding the after school engagements for kids...my elder one loves to cycle around inside our gated colony complex and younger one likes to play with friends nearby...

anika987 likes this.
  8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Here's how my schedule look like:

Wake up at 4.30 while preparing cofee, start the washing machine, Pack yesterday nights leftover for lunch and study for exam till 6.00
    6.00 -> shower and dress up
    6.30->LO & Hubby wakes up.Make coffee for Hubby, make LO drink milk give him a quick shower
    7.25-> Hubby drops me at bus stop
    7.00 pm-> Return home
    7.15 to 8.00 pm->Go for swimming with hubby and kid
    8.30 to 9.00->Dinner time
    9.30-> Hubby puts LO to sleep and i do a quick clean
    10.00 to 10.15-> call it a day
    I have a help who takes care of cooking, cleaning and manages baby at day.

coolgal123 and anika987 like this.
  9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 - I am so jealous on you. You have plenty of time in hand.

Look at my days....

6.00 wake up time...
    Preparing coffee/milk for the family
    6.30 everyone would be up, and have their coffee/milk.

Mom and I would share the kitchen from 7-8. By this time we would have finished a simple b'fast and elaborate (1 non veg, 2 veg, 1 salad, rice and some fries) lunch for the family.
    Hubby would have bathed the kids, and dressed them up for School.

8.00 - 9.00 I would take bath, have my b'fast and feed my kids too. While mom serves kid's lunch box we both serve ours.

9.00 - 5.00 office

5.00 - 6.00 Relaxing at the garden with a hot cup of tea made by mom. Kids would be playing. H would be watering the plants, and I would help both.

7.00-8.00 Heat up the dinner cooked by the maid during the day. Feed kids, and sit with them. If they are to face any exams, assignment at school, I would spent more time with them.

9.00 Putting kids to sleep/story time

9.30-10.30 Me time with my tab/sitting with H, talking inside bed room.

11.00 sleeping.

Where do I find the time to feel lonely or think about friends????

anika987 likes this.
  10. MNR

MNR Gold IL'ite

Looks like you are desperate to go out and work. As you are looking for job, make that as a goal, If you dont have any priorities just grab the first opportunity, whatever be the work, if you are ok with that

anika987 likes this.