1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hfmd Cures Plz

Discussion in 'Infants' started by mercyanburaj, Oct 19, 2016.

1. mercyanburaj

mercyanburaj Bronze IL'ite

My 11 month old is infected by hand mouth and foot disease. Can anyone suggest natural remedies and food that helps in curing. How long does it exists?

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Once my kid had it. He had mouth ulcer like thing all over inside mouth and had small red spots on hand n foot alone. I think that is hand mouth and foot disease. We didn't know the name at that time. My kid didn't eat anything solid for 3 days. We gave him enough fruit juice throughout the day. Slowly he got recovered from it.

3. mercyanburaj

Thank you for your reply. My kid is having food but avoiding liquids (even breastmilk for 1 full day though now she is taking it) . Her legs , genital areas and hands are more affected . How long does it take the spots to disappear? I'm using some oinment prescribed by doctor and coconut oil. Is there any other measures to be taken ?

4. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@mercyanburaj
    My DS had it 2 weeks back. He has it all over his body except tummy and back. I gave him of fluids and soft food like yogurt, khichdi, Ragi malt and fruits .
    For itching i used calamine lotion and once they started drying up i started applying coconut oil.
    His spots on face got cleared but still has some dark spots on legs and hands. Now skin from his palms, feet and fingers is peeling of.

He was sick for about 1 week and back to normal. It's a viral infection we just have waiting to run its course.

5. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Check ur kid inside mouth. I didn't notice the mouth ulcer he had and I came to know when kid started to refuse solid food. It is all over his mouth. I called the doctor and they gave some antibiotics. After one week ,it slowly reduced. The red spot in palm n foot vanishes away.

6. mercyanburaj

Thank you very much @viki123 i was really worried. With her birthday nearing in a week we were in dilemma too. I hope she can be allowed to mingle with people. Her spots started drying up and using only turmeric to give her bath no soap.

7. mercyanburaj

Ya thankfully her mouth is fine and she is back to normal food routine though I'm avoiding spicy foods. Thank you for valuable inputs.

8. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

Ya, they look very bad for first 3-4 days then they start drying up. Also keep well moisturized with coconut oil to reduce itching, as they start developing new skin now.
    They say its no contagious once it starts drying up. But the virus can stay in their pop for 3 months. So please be careful while cleaning her, try to put on some gloves and sanitize ur hands after cleaning.

9. mercyanburaj

Sure thank you