1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Brother - A Superdad And Superhusband

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by lukywife, Oct 10, 2016.

1. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

When these weak and so n so woman start appreciating the right and positive change, that means they are in right direction....they are already woke up......no need to tell them that for gender equality start pretending that gender equality is already there....
    Gender equality comes when some people takes initiative of doing the right things. Those people needs to be appreciated so that more people can get inspired to follow the right path...
    What op brother is doing that is the right thing to do but not a normal thing as it is not the norm of current soceity. he deserves appreciation for breaking the norms. Now calling it normal is just a pretension and arrogance on our part.

kcb and lukywife like this.
  2. coolgal123

All heart burn is because op has used super in title of thread.
    If she had just narrated the story without using super and collected all the praises (super, cool, well done) than it would have been all fine.
    Like many poster does, self boasting , but just short of calling themseleves super,gathering praises,but never correcting the praisers that this is just normal...

sindmani, Lathasv, kcb and 1 other person like this.
  3. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Dear @lukywife ...

Please ask moderator if you want to close this thread. This is really going beyond the limits.

We cannot generalize everyone and say Indian society is like this & Indian men are like this and that's why we are praising your brother. This sentence really made me upset. What does that mean? All Indian men are not human beings? So all the men in other countries are great souls? Everywhere there are good and bad people. We have to appreciate and inspire by the good and leave the bad. India is a great country, we have great men like Ramakrishna Paramahamsa who used to treat his wife like Devi.

Why can't people understand a straight point? If our kids score good percentage (which he has to score as part of his education) we appreciate them. Can we say to our kids, okay this is normal, what great job have you done.

In some posters opinion in this thread, whoever praised/appreciated your brother were tagged as weak women.

Most importantly, you have all rights to feel your brother as a super man, because he is your brother. Also you have all rights to post a thread on this forum praising your brother. So continue feeling proud for your brother.

I feel my DH is super when I see some of my friend's Husbands (who are egoistic and doesn't treat their wives well). Am I wrong in feeling great about my DH?

Let me tell you one incident happened when we went to a temple with one of our friend & her H. She wants to wear shoes & tie the lace and was feeling uncomfortable to do that with holding her handbag, so she asked her H to hold the bag for sometime. Her H shouted on her and looked at us & said with a sarcastic smile, how can she expect him to hold a ladies handbag. So in my case, i don't have to ask my DH, he understands the situation and holds my handbag, there were so many instances where my DH walked in the market carrying my handbag when I was feeling heavy to carry my handbag. So if carrying hand bag is normal, then why did my friend's H shouted on her? Is there any sin if I feel my DH is a super husband? or shall i feel it is his duty to carry my handbag.

Another Incident: My friend's H took 2 weeks paternity benefit (his employer gives 2 weeks paid paternity leave) and stayed at home without even lifting a spoon at home and enjoyed his paternity leave by watching movies and playing video games and made my friend to do all household chores including taking care of new born baby. This is my friend's version. One day I went to her place and cooked all meals for her & her family, but I cannot do that daily leaving my family and work.

Those two above mentioned incidents happened in abroad, not in India.

4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Looging into IL after long time and seeing this thread enlightened me how IL has transformed.

@OP really appreciate your knit family to handle the situations very well. Ignore negative posts in your thread, howmuch ever you try you can never change others perspective especially when they feel sharing a positive things as self boasting and sharing their everlasting achievements (though having mom/MIL/DH/immediate family members support) as their own is not at all boasting but definitely boring saga, if you dont have anything to say in a positive thread you can very well ignore and move onto a thread where your preaching is much needed....

Regards

Lathasv, NeetaR, sweetsmiley and 4 others like this.
  5. lukywife

lukywife Gold IL'ite

Nah, I am extremely strong and tolerant so not going to ask the moderators to close...Thanks so much for your support :) If they have called me weak, that just makes me laugh..The way I perceive this is some patriarchal women call strong people weak to put them down when they feel these strong people are far better than them :) That's the *only* way such patriarchal women feel strong and happy. how funny :)

Lathasv, coolgal123 and kcb like this.
  6. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

I really appreciate you. Keep it up.

lukywife likes this.
  7. coolgal123

I used weak as a sarcasm in reply to SGBV post. I didnt meant at all that those woman are weak or abused who are appreciating here.

kcb and lukywife like this.
  8. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

Oh @coolgal123, it's not at all about your post. I understood what you meant to say in that post. In fact I appreciate your reply :thumbup: :)

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

People here say that it is normal to appreciate any milestone or achievement. I too agree with you wholeheartedly.
    What I differ is the way of appreciation.
    If your son passes an exam, you sure appreciate him. Nothing wrong there. But if you tell others that my son passed the exam, he is so super, awesome blah blah then it may sound boasting.
    Perhaps you could say he passed the exam and let others to appreciate.
    That's the difference between appreciation and boasting.

Many people here said it is ok to call OP's bro super because he is very different and kinda rare gem in Indian society. The observation came from the Indian women here.
    OP too said the same.
    I don't accept this.. because my husband is an Indian and he respects gender equality in life.
    I've mentioned that in many posts here too.
    He is not the first Indian man with such quality either.
    That's why OP's post did not amaze me, although I wholeheartedly appreciate her bro for being a good human being.
    I would never call my H or bro super for this.

I've given reasons in my other thread as to why I won't call such things 'super'. If so, I demand, we women too should be called super for working, earning and taking care of the family. Sadly no one calls us super.
    No one recognizes this as special either.
    That's where it is gender inequality.

We better not to fight with our fellow women on this matter, rather we should try our best to address this issue.

I rest my case here. No offence intended to anyone.
    Sorry OP...

sindmani likes this.
  10. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am working women and expecting mom.... I dont know about others but i know the pain of not getting promotion due to my pregnancy and cant expect the growth for one more year also.We can easily say that its small sacrifice for big bundle of joy.. but when you see that the people who are not so capable/super juniors going above you makes sad. Atleast i feel that way.

Whoever makes the sacrifice either in career or personal in such situations, I would definitely call them as super. I dont care about gender.... In that case,i completely agree that your bro is super dad and human... :clap2:

sindmani, Lathasv, kcb and 2 others like this.