1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Whoa lady! Take it slow.. 5am whoops.. catch up on your sleep..can your spouse help with homework? So glad that your postnatal visit went well.. and that your mom is here to help. I realised how much I needed my mom around me at that time, and it brought on a whole new level of bonding and gratitude to my parents..and also made a mental note of what my daughter would need of me during her turn..
    Yes get a cook and if possible a maid too.. this time is very precious for bonding with ur little one and recuperating yourself...and all those with stories of getting up and running soon after cs - balderdash! Take good care of yourself and baby..everything comes next (even DD..hope ur hubby takes over there).
    Sending you lots of love and praying you get some sleep too..

P.s: I'm still using apps for the daily grind as my phone is more accessible than pen n paper..but my long pending stuff is listed out most starkly on the wall on paper. And guess what, it actually works in pushing forward, even if just one step at a time..

2. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Congrats Cliona for the new addition. Hope the baby is keeping you busy. I can understand the difficulty in handling kids of different age. I found it difficult when my twin girls where in infant age. Esp. feeding was making me spin. Now also i am in my toes , though they r 7 years, but i feel they grow together . Take care of you also, generally we ignore ourselves while taking care of our kids.

Shara

Bubbles likes this.
  3. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Bubbles,

Always bubbling dear. Everyday is different. We try to fix up a routine, we end up in not following . Don't stress yourself too much. Baby is too small, go in her flow. Just prioritize, and have a rough routine. This phase also will pass. I understand how challenging it is. In fact i remember i slept only for 3 hours when my twin girls were in infant age. Esp. in nights one sleeps late say 11 or 12, the other would have slept already. By the time first one sleeps and i sleep for sometime the second one will get up for feed. But somehow i managed.

So don't worry if you r not following a routine. Give time for yourself also. Lots of hugs .

Take care

Shara

Bubbles and AkilaMani like this.
  4. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Yes @Bubbles dear. Thanks. Which is that app ? I don't have time to do research. Baby keeps me very busy. Yesterday he somewhat slept. Mornings I give him to mom or husband and sleep off from 6 to 9. Evenings also same from 7 to 9.30... Managing sleep like this. You too take care dear .....
    Thanks @chithirainilavu how in the world could you manage twins... Must have gone through a lot.... A lot..... Thanks for the word " rough routine " .... Makes so much sense for us.
    Lots of love
    Cliona

Bubbles and AkilaMani like this.
  5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Cliona!!! God bless you both!! lots of love to you and the little prince :)

I logged in today especially to see if you had posted.... really glad to know you both are doing well.

Take care.

cliona likes this.
  6. AkilaMani

@ Cliona,

Its only a week after your delivery, and you are already thinking of organizing.... wow dear!! do take enough rest. This is the time for it. Get as much help as possible for all the housework and don't ever feel guilty for having asked. I say this because I feel guilty whenever I ask for help with anything and I have to keep reminding myself that its ok.

Take care.

cliona and Bubbles like this.
  7. AkilaMani

Hi bubbles, good to know you got to go visit a friend. The outings like this is a good break for both you and the baby. Don't get discouraged by how others are keeping their home. Everyone is unique and has their own circumstances and ways of coping with things. So just get inspired by it and move on.

Recently I was listening something on youtube and it was a great story, not really much to do with this thread, but in general it was a great inspiration for me. It was about how a mother of two survived hard times, it was more about frugality and homekeeping kind of channel, but it was real good. She talks about how she felt as a young mom that she couldn't keep her home as good as her grandma, and how her house was always in a chaos because of constant remodeling, and lots more. If you find time do listen to it, its by Living on a dime, and the playlist is penny pinching mama.

Take care dear.

Bubbles, cliona and chithirainilavu like this.
  8. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:worship2:
    I think I can even starve, but to go with disturbed sleep/sleepless is psychologically (if not really physically) taxing on me... Guess mommyhood is going to change all that..
    I am trying, @AkilaMani, I am trying, to remember this.:facepalm: Yes, its inspiring even if guilt-inducing.
    Made me wonder if I am really hands-tied as I believe myself to be...
    And I realised something - that even though I want to, my heart of hearts priority remains precious baby-time. And others, I just mess up. Eg: I feel I have no time to relax/ spare time -- so end up browsing while putting baby to sleep. Baby is sleeping, I'm still browsing:BangHead: Suddenly I get going with a jerk of realisation - only to have baby get up in a few minutes as well:facepalm: Then its all downhill, I'm starving and manage to take care of baby stuff, but then am too tired to do anything else or multitask while playing, just wanting to eat...and nothing gets done, I feel criticised (probly because I am criticial of myself, and rightly so - cant escape darling Conscience)
    Maybe a solution would be to have planned down time for myself. Hmmm...:rolleyes:

@cliona The app is called Swipes, from google playstore. I use that for daily tasks, mostly. And things I want to do, but never get around to..very simple, nice and easy...do check it out and let me know if you find it useful.
    Currently ie since yesterday, I am checking out a new app..its called DoNow...i like it in that it has the option to set duration for each task, and shows me how much of work I have yet in terms of time..I mean, it says 3 hrs of to do etc.. and also you can start and stop the timer for each task, and juggle tasks and create routines, and plan and postpone..and when the timer is running, it shows you an estimated time of when each task will be done if it goes by schedule...This is kind of intensive, don't think you will need this, but I've been searching high and low for these functionalities..
    Awwww..yeah..I'm excited about my latest in my kit...hope it really helps me to get things done...
    Else it just becomes the case of planning taking up all the energy!!:icon_pc:

Talking about apps, there is this app called BabyDayBook app which I found very useful, for logging baby's feed, sleep activities growth etc.. look at it too.
    Disclaimer : I am in no way compensated by any of these apps :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    Lakshmi6197 and cliona like this.
  9. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

@cliona Here is the list of a few books I read recently with baby..not a great list really, now that I look back, still, something to get you started..
    (sorry, this was long due)
    • The Bridge of San Luis Rey : Thornton Wilder
    • Deception Point : Dan Brown
    • The Great Gatsby : F. Scott Fitzgerald
    • Mary Poppins : P. L. Travers
    • The Science of Mom : Alice Green Callahan - very useful, and enjoyed reading it too. Guess you'd know most stuff already, though.
    • The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants : Ann Brashares
    • Tuck Everlasting : Natalie Babbitt

cliona likes this.
  10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much @AkilaMani I feel so pampered here :) :) :)
    Going to moms place today for 2-3 months. Mil can't manage here. Moms place,, many people are there to help me out. But mom is strict. She won't let me go out even for walks. It's basically going to be me in a room with all help and a baby.
    @Bubbles dear... Awesome !!!!!! Thanks., Will check out all those apps.
    And books..... Too good.... Tempted to read !!!!!
    Bubbles I am slowly understanding how you feel. As I too used to plan and do things. But with this small guy... even if it's possible... Things aren't happening... Don't know if its sleep deprivation or tiredness.. I am not active as earlier. Maybe mom is there.. so I am taking advantage of that.... Not sure...... How to go about it.......
    Yes .. like Akila says I feel very guilty since normally i do things myself and like to be independent. Don't want to trouble others.....
    Cliona

Bubbles likes this.