1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Need Suggestions

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ISHASHAKTI, Oct 20, 2016.

1. ISHASHAKTI

ISHASHAKTI New IL'ite

I am posting this thread as I am feeling so depressed and Sad and wanted to get it out of my mind and fell a bit relaxed at work..Please pardon me for the long post and appreciate the time you will spend on reading this.....I am 28 year old lady married for six years and had a love marriage. We had a courtship of 6 years before marriage. I come from a well educated family and been working since I was 21 years old. I had a very good time of my life when I was i love..My DH family is very Orthodox where as my parents are open minded. I got married in 2010 and came to United States after 1 month leaving my DH in India with his family. Before coming to USA my DH..fiance at that time used to visit my family daily as we were in the same town and sit with us and we enjoy a lot..he used to respect my parents and siblings and take care/help whenever needed..I used to do the same towards his family even if the thinking was so orthodox i used to obey whatever they say. My MIL is very nice but my Sister-in-law was so jealous of me when everybody in the family used to praise me for my looks, my family and the Job/Education I had which she did not have..she started brainwashing my husband against me and my family but my husdand used to fight with her if she do something wrong..Due to this she played some games and made my husband lose his job and she got him off from family business as a result my husband found very difficult financially so I started taking care of him financially and emotionally where his mon and brother did not support him..My husband lost his father at a very young age and my Brother-in-Law got the Government job of my Father-in-Law after he passed away(BIL was 19)..BIL got married at 21 and brought SIL in their house as my DH was just 14 ..BIL was earning and taking care of the family. MIL used to always favor big son and his wife and always sidelined us. SIL used to make my MIL not to take care of my husband like giving breakfast washing clothes etc they made my DH life miserable. Me and my family supported him alot even though we were in USA. My husband got the Visa and came to United states in 2013..the story completely changed after that and the person I loved was not there but a completely opposite behavior in a week he started fights with my sister and parents and he wanted us to move out from my family eventhough he was not having job we moved out just because I could not see my parents hurt and at the same time I was so much in Shock to see all this and could not understand what was going on..but still my family understood me and never interfered in my life...My husband said my SIL is my mother and I will do what she say..
    I was devastated and hurt. I told all this to my parents after 2 years when my husband tried to disconnect me from my parents and Siblings. My father sensed that something is wrong so he told one of his friend about this..his friend is a Pujari..I know alot of people don't believe in BM ..even i was also not believing..but the pujari said the DH family did something wrong on him so that he forgets my family and stop loving my family and starts loving them back as they felt insecure that after DH comes to United States he will forget them..Now after experiencing this I started believing in all this..my parents went India and did some Puja and after that the Situation is getting better..
    I hate my SIL alot but never misbehaved wit her..Due to all the Stress I had a Miscarriage..and we headed towards DIVORCE but luckily everything got better before DIVORCE
    Right now I am not speaking to BIL and his family..I don't want to keep any relation with them ..

Please suggest how should I move ahead with this..once again sorry for the long post..this is just the highlights there are alot of instances with the SIL in past 12 years which gets me depressed..

2. ISHASHAKTI

ISHASHAKTI New IL'ite

Also all this has created a big Gap between our relationship..we lost communication and Understanding in our marriage. Please help me of how should i better our marriage.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

How old were you when you fell in love?
    How old was your DH when you got married ?