1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Rock The Sahm Role ✌

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by Bubbles, May 4, 2016.

1. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

wow...nice!

Got a pic of it?

2. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

thanks but no pic..

3. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

:roflmao:
    Book suggestions...hmmm what genre are you into? Not much of a tv person so can't recommend much there..
    I wanted some light feel good reading then so read kind of children's stuff :D sisterhood of traveling pants.. tuck everlasting.. will tell you more once I check my ereader..

Wow, @BDivya :clap2: great yaar!! I actually started typing out this reply yesterday but could get back to it only now.. its amazing that you still find energy to do chores over the weekend, when you work outside as well all through the week..
    Why can't men be thus ?! What a blessing it would be to have a man do chores in his house without wearing a halo for doing it :rolleyes:

@beautifullife30 Thank you for sharing your detailed schedule..your day is quite similar to mine, minus that 2hr nap.. wow its wonderful you manage to cook with baby and eat and nap on top of it too.
    This is exactly why I feel miserable, don't understand why I am not able to do so..

So until realisation strikes.. back to confessing what I did each day..

Yesterday's highlights:
    Took baby out for a walk. Very windy so we turned back and took an indoor stroll - and she loved it ..especially as her sneakers kept squeaking as she walked holding on to me..:D
    Had some tamarind-based gravy in fridge which I just had to reheat for dinner...had some beans I'd cut earlier so steamed that along with rice and a complete meal was ready with less stress..
    Was stressed nevertheless by the mess..but managed to handle it.

Obvious lesson learnt : no more delaying meals - gonna eat breakfast before baby wakes (heavy) and quick lunch..use rice cooker for dinner..
    I need a menu but fed up as H. suddenly chooses to start dieting, upsetting my carefully crafted weekly menus.:mad: how am i going to cook light stuff for him n proper food for me and keep kitchen time in control??!!o_O

Saw @AkilaMani posting at a different thread...yaaaaaay! So glad you're back :cheer:(cue: trumpets blare )

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    cliona likes this.
  4. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Bubbles,

Yes it feels good to be back :) thanks dear. Was caught up in so many things.... finally it is settling down into a normal routine now. So hopefully will post more regularly.

How have you been? Your DD started walking!! yay!! It is such a fun stage.... I understand the work that comes with it, nonetheless it is such a sweet stage :)

Ah! A dieting H !! A friend of mine has started facing this recently. Her H has suddenly started dieting and exercising which is good, but that has thrown all my friend's routine into chaos. I suggested a few things to her, I think they same can be of some use to you also.

1. Roll with it and make everyone's diet a healthy one. Yes it will take a bit more effort, but its good healthwise. So, cut more fruits, chop more veggies, cook less rice... etc.

2. Adapt and change as required. Eg. if he wants soups for dinner and you have planned idli / dosa, then make thin rasam as soup and make rasam idli for the kids and yourself with maybe a simple chutney on the side (just in case for the kids).

3. Oil-less for hubby - then make the chappatis oil less for the H and yourself and spread ghee for the kids. For veg curries - no one notices the lack of oil, so the kids will never complain :)

4. Make chores into workouts - ask H to do chores and suggest that they are good workouts :) like mopping is great for the arms and back :)

Well we just have to get more creative :-D

5. beautifullife30

ah mami..you make it sound so simple.

I once suggested this to my H and in turn I ended up doing twice the amount of work! Sigh!

Every time an object was to be lifted or moved for mopping/ sweeping, he kept calling out for me to come and pull it aside. It irritated me so much that it was the last time I ever gave him any work at all!

AkilaMani likes this.
  6. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

No @AkilaMani she was walking holding both my hands.. :)

The dieting H. wants light food, less rice for him but wants me to eat 'properly' :confused: but before I work out a meal plan, I'm gonna ask him to commit everyday for 2 hours free time for me so I can finish off the cooking and chores..:smilingimp: not going to happen, but it will be a start..

:lol::lol: my H. did the same - asked me to help him clear the place so he could vacuum for us :confundio1:

Today's status update
    Slept with baby until she woke up :facepalm: managed to make a decent if quick breakfast but only by 11.
    Baby stuff went on time.
    She skipped her nap, and I couldn't cook lunch. Everything went spiralling down then on.. I could hear H. criticising: Its 3 pm and no lunch for me (and mil shaking her head at my inefficiency, her poor son starving and working and caring for baby) yeah yeah its all in my head.. but I know that criticism was definitely felt..:hmmm:
    H.fixed up lunch by keeping rice and having it with leftover gravy. Dunno how it was enough - I'm still hungry!! Feeling disappointed...and worrying about dinner - all because I couldn't make dosa batter yet for this week..:smash2:
    1 load of dishwasher running.. 1 more to go.. trash..laundry..folding baby's clothes..:hollering: obviously I won't be able to do it all..and it will carry over tomorrow.. and it goes on..
    Sigh
    Sorry about the vent. Had to get it out of the system.o_O

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
    cliona likes this.
  7. beautifullife30

Hey bubbly,

Why dont you make an instant one....

Equal quantities of jowar, bajra, ragi, atta, maida, a little rawa and make dosas out of it?

Damn easy n very healthy.

Also try grinding sprouts and adding it to that batter....super healthy!

Bubbles and cliona like this.
  8. AkilaMani

Hi Bubbles,

Few days are like that, start a little late and then get caught with each and every thing not happening on time. Its ok. Tomorrow will be better. Try waking up a little early. Does your dd wake up with the sound of phone/alarm? if not, set alarm. Otherwise, keep the phone just outside the room door.

Is it possible to get ready made batter there? if so, may be get one or two for emergency. It is healthier to prepare at home, but its ok once in a while to get ready made ones also.

Take care.

Hi Beautiful,

haha... it will take some time, but trust me, with lots of patience and persistence, they are trainable :) :)

9. AkilaMani

Hi Cliona,

How are you dear ? good to know you have got a good doc to replace and your H canceled the trip. Its less than a month now!! wow time sure flies :) Take care dear :)

cliona likes this.
  10. cliona

cliona Silver IL'ite

Hi girls.. howz weekend.Akila how is your preparation going on... Thanks akila.
    :rolleyes: I finished packing hospital bag yesterday mid night when I had backache and thought this is it :sweatsmile::sweatsmile::sweatsmile: . But my backache subsided later....:biggrin:..
    Today went in planning and preparing for tomorrow's free medical and dental camp we are conducting for non resident supporting staff in the apartment complex. Feel good that I am busy..... But these days are going to fly away super fast.... And few days from now I will sit in my bedroom feeding the crying infant all day long.... !!!!!! Dreading it !!! Hopefully this time, I will atleast come out of room. Last time it was a jail for me.
    Bubbles where are u ? What's up ? Any good read is ok ! Me to not a TV person........

Bubbles likes this.