Futurology

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Aug 20, 2016.

1. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

So busy modji found time eh? Another day late, I was ready to troll this thread too! :tonguewink: My vacation is almost coming to end, before you could share the list! :laughing: Kidding, thank you, appreciate the list and responses. :) Now, to remind, you had promised more discussions on Deep learning algorithms! :grin::grin: Yeah yeah I'm a pest, I know already!! :tonguewink::yum:

vaidehi71 likes this.
  2. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Everyone won't be replaced so the question is who can be replaced then?
    In some like it bot, the blogger reveals the targets.

Next time you are reading a novel or scanning a news article check for the authorship or byline.
    Good lord, it is happening!

kaniths and vaidehi71 like this.
  3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

I missed this post!

During my binge-watching of kurzgesast (I love animation explainer series), I came across this genetic engineering video which touched upon CRISPR technology and made a passing reference to 3-parent babies.

Last week world's first 3-parent baby was delivered by a US-team of doctors in Mexico. Science and technology is closing in on science fiction by degrees.

vaidehi71 and kaniths like this.
  4. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Princess Bride made it to the list!
    I love this book muah, muah.

Let my niece and nephew grow up, I will make them read this book a million times before they grab on to Harry Potter series.

5. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Modji doubt again! :D

For any machine learning algorithm, data is important isn't? Which is information captured from user activities or our app interactions through APIs, am right? Meaning bot developers can always track any user info??

Also, bots are these days designed to learn from their observations, that's what deep learning algorithms are about, I think? So does all the bot-user interactions are recorded in the bots memory (or maybe a remote cloud server, whatever be) to provide it with more data to analyze and make self decisions in future?

Does it not creep you much? You know what a paranoid person am, it does freaks me out. :yum:

vaidehi71 and Gauri03 like this.
  6. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So much say on this subject and so many different aspects to consider, both related to the technology to acquire data, and privacy of user information. Will come back later in the day with a response.

kaniths likes this.
  7. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Tamagotchi is out! Here is the next generation of companion robots Kirobo

kaniths likes this.
  8. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

kaniths likes this.
  9. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

The Nobel prizes for 2016 in Physics ,Chemistry and Medicine made no appearance here.
    Here is the roundup link: Everything You Wanted to Know about this Year's Nobel Prizes, but Might Have Missed

The latest and the bizarre scientific breakthroughs!

The blog ends with a note,
    Hey, you, you there, are you listening? Is Baby Gauri warming up to such next generation aspirations.

kaniths and vaidehi71 like this.
  10. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

If there is no upcoming agenda for our futurology thread then we might as well piggy-back on Slate's published schedule and discuss the topics here.

Link: Futurography 2016

They have an interesting lineup. Now that self-driving cars and "Heart of Gold" are shaky, let's defer our niche themes for another day and fall back on these standard themes of monsters (bioethics) and machines (computing/internet).

kaniths likes this.