100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

It's been raining from two days. This might be the last time I see this vibrant green this year. Taking it all in.

Rihana, ashima10, jskls and 2 others like this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Made the time to watch "The Nice Guys" and "PINK". One a good light fun watch, and the other thought-provoking.

KashmirFlower, PepperPot and Gauri03 like this.
  3. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

First day of Navratri.. Started with good vibes.

4. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Navratri - made an impromptu visit to a friend's house.

Was filling up gas anticipating all the visits I had to make in the next week and realised I was in silk saree and all dressed up... :)

5. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

KV and I are almost finishing a year together. And I cannot help wondering how valuable this year has been.

I am lavish with gratitude for people who influence me and KV is someone who has rewired me like no one has done before. When KV and I met, I wasn't keen on relationships, much less a steady one. Perhaps a date here and there but to enter a relationship was very daunting. I told him, "I am not really into these relationships. I can't last with you for more than a week". He simply smiled, "Try me".

And the one year I tried him, he softened my jangly nerves, hardened my zeal, sharpened my curiosity, and never gave up on me. I remember that one time I was crouched on him like a mouse while he was trying to explain to me "General Theory of Relativity".

He draws the space time grid on a paper

"This Chimpo is ..."
    "But I don't know Riemannian geometry"
    "You need mathematical concepts"
    "Let's start with Calculus then..., you know Calculus?"

I look at him like Tarzan would have awed and be perplexed on seeing a whirring Starbucks coffee machine.

"Did you even go to school?", he pokes.

I have never seen a man so passionate and patient with this scallywag, identify my flaws, and work together to fix them. KV is only 3 years elder to me and I wonder what kind of upbringing and influence he had had that made him a polished tool to shape this rough-edged flint.

I interrupt, "How would you remember me if we didn't make it to the second year"
    He exclaims, "That woman who eats like an elephant"
    I continue, "That's good enough for me. I will remember you as that man who inspite of me eating like an elephant used to whisk me like a feather and carry upstairs through flight of stairs"

(we chuckle)

Positive thought: The best going-on this year is undoubtedly KV. Let's see what the future holds. Even if we don't further our relationship, this year is itched as the turning point in my life in terms of discovery and self-expression.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Wish you many more years toghther and elephants are my favorite ! The only soft toys I am attracted enough to buy ! Cheers!

7. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Day 139 : met an elderly couple my husband is absolutely crazy about. We always imagine thier energy at this age and get worried about ourself when we reach thier. They both are one live wire in 70"s..

140 : happy birthday Mahatma Gandhi ! My relationship is with you has been love hate love kind! Glad you were born today .

8. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

I started to dig up a bulb and it turned into 3 hour chore pulling out an invasive ground cover. The roots were so deep! But now it's gone : ) (though it will likely keep popping up for a while)

Gauri03, rossie and Rihana like this.
  9. rossie

rossie Gold IL'ite

Had a long heart felt conversation with a friend that I made recently...... Was wondering whether she could be close to me or not..had some misunderstandings on Friday..But today she made it a point to call me and clarify.. and 'me' being 'me' opened up...

Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  10. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Wish you all the best for your relationship to continue many more years.