Pensée: E & G Chatter

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Oriana, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Sacré bleu!

You dishonour this Poète maudit (shall publish more recondite poetry in that accursed thread to avenge)!
    More twisted and nose-bleeding poetry to recover from the disgrace brought on by the rip-off vivre assemble.

Quelle horreur! What's with all the French sprinkled in your posts these days o_O

(My French begins at crêpe and ends with croissant)

vaidehi71 likes this.
  2. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

Hmmm...hmm...are you about to sow seeds of your evil flowers in IL?

sokanasanah likes this.
  3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Les Fleurs du mal? Bravo!
    :beer-toast1:

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    PepperPot and vaidehi71 like this.
  4. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Charles Baudelaire fits the bill but I was tipping at Paul Verlaine, and his poem Chanson d'automne.
    During Operation Overload (Invasion of Normandy, D-Day), Verlaine's (our poète maudit's) poetry was used by BBC to signal to the French Resistance.

By broadcasting the first three lines of the poem,

Les sanglots longs
    Des violons
    De l'automne

(Per Arthur Symons' translation: "When a sighing begins / In the violins / Of the autumn-song")

BBC alerted French Resistance that Operation Overlord was to commence in 2 weeks.
    More on this historical trivia is available at Paul Verlaine and D-Day. I don't pull things too randomly and stick her. I either have neurites or the operational mode of neurites when I allude to something.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    PepperPot and vaidehi71 like this.
  5. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

^ I felt I was slap-bang in that allusion. I am reformed with the dressing down in neurites' den on my oblique ways.

Besides, Les poètes maudits by Paul Verlaine (published in 1884) was tribute to other maudits.
    Peps, yet you attribute Baudelaire's evil intentions on me when I am singing or sighing that autumn is here.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  6. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

There are two types of books. Books that whisk you or books that wear on you. I prefer the former types i.e, light and fleecy reading that takes no more than two hours to complete end-to-end. On few days, I'm pompous and ambitious and select a book that refuses to ride me to the next page.

Recently, I started reading The Magus by John Fowles. These are not the type of books I usually loaf around with. Alas! one harvest moon in my transcendental state I picked this book.

(Who is this Sciron? What is he doing mid-air?)

Wiki crawl: According to Plutarch -- legend of Sciron -- Megarians -- Pylas -- Endeïs -- Aeacus -- Isthmian Games -- Corinth -- Olympic Games -- Panhellenic Games of Ancient Greece

(You mean Rio and the games!)

Then I take two steps and,

(Who is this Gide now?)

Wiki crawl: André Gide -- Nobel Prize in Literature in 1947 -- homosexuality -- pederasty -- Corydon -- Socratic dialogues on homosexuality -- the name of the book comes from Virgil's pederastic character Corydon

(I know this dude Virgil from Aeneid)

Katsushika Hokusai -- ukiyo-e -- woodblock painting -- his daughter Katsushika Ōi -- Miss Hokusai movie trailer -- back to father Hokusai -- The Great Wave off Kanagawa -- Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji -- Legend of Mount Fuji -- The Tale of the Bamboo Cutter -- Princess Kaguya - Studio Ghibli - (hurray! I saw this "Kaguya" movie)

All these references are scrunched in page#39/400 of that book. I am only at page#39 for 2 days now! I noticed that all the references and allusions in the book are at ten degrees of separation from my ken (depth of knowledge).

Positive and optimistic thought:

In 2010, I was at twenty degrees of separation, which means I had to hop by twenty other references from the obscure one to identify a known reference.
    In 2016, ten degrees of separation.
    By 2020, I may be at seven or eight degrees of separation with these literary references. May be...

vaidehi71 and PepperPot like this.
  7. PepperPot

PepperPot Gold IL'ite

All that morbid talk and I was expecting no less than a rotten spleen splayed across EPGLand. Tease!

Edit: malaprop

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  8. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

I've been hunting for a plush toy of a pig for sometime. I like pigs! They are my favvy.
    (Not the fleshy pink and cute pig but the scruffy Indian pig rolling in a swamp)

Pig.png

I could settle for a manatee ("sea cow") as well

Manatee.png

I love anything that is apparently slobbing and snoring and woefully lazy (like me!)

9. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Objection! Objection!

Why are these #randomShares posted in this chatty thread? There's "Tweety" thread for such contributions.
    Objection! In an unprecedented move (her posts are usually moved from other threads to here :D), this post should be moved from here to tweety thread

vaidehi71 likes this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Modji don't! You know how uncomfy I feel posting anywhere these days, I ll forever vanish then!! :oops:

vaidehi71 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.