1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Request Inputs From Folks In The Us And Australia

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by SathyaVivek, Sep 29, 2016.

1. SathyaVivek

SathyaVivek Senior IL'ite

Thank you. I read in some other threads that people stop you and ask for money and food and they get violent and assault is common in the suburbs populated by Asians and even Aussies don't go out between 8pm to 5am. Is it so?

2. SathyaVivek

I read these in some of the threads in IL and also in the expat forum.

3. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Asians are not the one doing these things, the culprits are usually Samoans and Tongans.

4. SathyaVivek

Misunderstanding..
    What I meant is , these kind of attack are common in the regions where Asians are there as they are viewed as soft targets.
    So is this common and are there really places that even the Aussie avoid between late evening and early morning

5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

My job requires me to work from as early as 6 am which means I leave home before 5. There are days when sometimes I start late and finish at 8. I have never seen any issues. It depends a lot on the suburb one chooses to live in. Cheaper suburbs could pose issues because of the people living in there. I lived in Parra. So I know a bit as about the area.
    Australia does not encourage guns possession like in US.
    Every country has a security threat in one form or the other.
    India too has rapes and kids bring abducted. In spite of such incidents every day in papers our families are still safe. Aren't they?
    US - with guns bring used so carelessly - anyone can be killed by anyone at any place. Be it school or mall or park.
    I feel we cannot guarantee our family which went out will be back home safe in US. I might be wrong.

But in Aus such incidents are very very rare.
    People can't do such crap here. People dread the law. There are idiots everywhere. No country is as exception.
    It's how a country handles the idiots that matters most.

Comparatively I would prefer my kids to be raised in Aus rather than in India and US because I know my daughter is safe and would come home safe.
    Regarding the Parra incident -
    I guess a lot depends on being in the right place at the right hour. Death in Parra park was unfortunately the lady choosing to take a shortcut at 9:30 pm through a park where no one would be present at that time. She could have taken the main road. She could have taken a bus to her suburb from Parra railway station. There were safer options. Her colleagues offered to drop her. She did not choose any safer option but opted to walk in the dark. She was in a call while walking through a park at night and was alone. It's sad that a life is lost but we cannot forget that She was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

vaidehi71, monita and SathyaVivek like this.
  6. SathyaVivek

Wow, man I just can't thank you enough. I was looking at options for someone to convince me and your inputs has helped me convince myself.

Last question , how good is the presence of our desi companies like TCS, CTS or wipro?

7. sbonigala

Happy to have been helpful. Presence is good.
    I would prefer to work for an Aussie company than desi because they offer more work life balance options.

monita and SathyaVivek like this.
  8. SathyaVivek

I here by declare you my Super guide :) thanks a ton. Hoping that you would still be active here when I travel with my family so I can trouble you with more questions.

sbonigala likes this.
  9. sbonigala

10. SathyaVivek

:confundio1: , did I miss your reply?:disappointed: