TTC progress & two weeks wait... Part-II

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Vasumathy, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Ramya87

Ramya87 New IL'ite

Hi did ur dr checked for 3 layers of endometrium before implanting.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ramya,
    Wait and check if frozen transfer will happen this time or not. Else it's better to go back to your Hubby and let the body settle down. You can try there meanwhile with the doctors in Dubai. They might help you to handle endometrium issues. In few months time, you can decide the best course for you. Take care.

Baby dust to all TTC ladies.

3. Pia2016

Pia2016 New IL'ite

28 years old and ttc since January '16. I was pregnant last year, had to undergo foetal expulsion at 23 weeks. I still remember it was my 5th month anomaly test and I was so excited to know the gender of my baby ( In UAE, they tell you ). My doctors' exact words were " this happens only to boys, the kidneys are dilated ". I was happy, tensed, heartbroken all at the same time. Seems his urethral tube was too thin for excretion which in turn dilated both his kidneys. Doctors here and in India gave up hope saying even if they manage to operate him after an early caesarian , the damage would be severe by then and he wouldn't survive. That was a horrible few weeks. I still wonder how it happened, if anybody had a similar experience?

Fast forward an year and I am diagnosed with PCOS and irregular periods. My doctor had strictly asked me to lose the extra kilos to get back everything in order and not depend on ovulation inducing drugs much. I did try Duphaston and Femara. I was on Fertab last cycle, things looked really good but dint conceive, AF came day 28. This cycle I dint take it and day 14 my doc told me my uterine lining looked thick and there was fluid in one of my ovaries, I could have ovulated early. Today is day 25, I had been feeling a tugging pain when walking and sitting a few times on the right side below abdomen. A few days back I felt like AF was coming. I could'nt stand the excitement and did a clearblue test today which showed negative. I know its still early but you know, I want to be either happy or sad - not in between!!

Still hopeful. Baby dust to all!

4. Vasumathy

Pia,
    Very sorry about your struggle.
    Hope soon things will work to your favor.. You should wait until you miss your periods. Be patient. No symptoms in this stage are trust worthy. Just keep yourself positive. Eat good and rest well. All will go well for you soon.

5. Lakshmi90

Lakshmi90 Senior IL'ite

Hi all,
    This is lakshmi from usa, i got married an year ago, i had chocolate cyst in left ovary with minimal endo adhesions and got it removed 2 yrs ago, i was then given depo shots, birth control pills so as endo not to reccur.
    My husband is just an year elder to me, he felt its so early for a kid when we got newly wedded, i did not tell my husband that i have had this, since it can affect our relationship & i never believed that i will be infertile.
    I stopped taking birth control pills 6 months ago and practise power yoga around an year or so.
    After wedding i went for usual checkup it revealed that i had bilateral polycystic ovaries, before wedding i consulted ob/gyn ultrasound showed clear ovaries though, within 2 months i got pcos.
    I moved to usa practised power yoga 1.5hrs a day, took fruits,veg salad,green tea,brown rice,cut down rice,sugar & wheat, took birth control too, my periods were regular with little cramps.I visited india and checked dr.harini of lodhra's clinic, took scan which showed clear ovaries,uterus and tubes stopped birth control and started her medicines, i fell pregnant in sep 2016 in the first month of trying, i still follow fruits/veg meal along with proso millet meal, i can assure anyone yoga is the key to reverse infertility along with proper diet, the pelvic strength increases if one practises yoga 4-5 days a week, its not limited to this health issue alone.
    Be strong and confident about your body, your body reacts the way you feed it, exercising is very important for women, in our nation the elders say like if you go to gym your reproductive organs will become dumb, pl dont listen to all those, eat healthy, exercise above all feel positive about your health,listen to what your body says, i had endo and fell pregnant in first month itself, what does it mean , according to ayurveda no woman is infertile.
    I myself feel motivated on thinking how i made things work...
    Baby dust to all.....

6. sumimohan

sumimohan New IL'ite

Hello IL,

Been a silent reader for many yrs and this being my first post in IL, I want to clear few doubts during my TTC journey.
    I'm married for last 1.5 yrs and trying to conceive for last 4 months. Age is not so on the favoring factor, 33+ and that makes me anxious to conceive asap :(

I've done the usual blood work and TVS scan which suggests everything normal. My periods are quite regular too. The cycle keeps alternating that one month I get my periods on 29th day and the other month its on 24/25th mostly. This has been the trend over last few yrs.

Now last 2 months, Doc had put me on Letroz between D2 TO D6 and follicular study. Her general comment is I respond well and egg ruptures on time. we've been on relationship too during those/nearing dates but somehow not clicked yet. These days I'm becoming too anxious that I start reading every symptom and relate to early pregnancy signs and bigger the disappointment when it doesn't happen.

This month I'm supposed to get my periods on D24 but am on D26 today and I'm unable to handle tension. But I'm preparing myself to deal with it even if the result turns negative. But one thing I wanna ask is the cycle getting a little delayed is a positive sign itself?
    Should that motivate me to keep high hopes that ill conceive soon? What do you ladies advise? how do you deal with anxiousness during these 2 week wait period?
    Please help me.

ChandrikaV likes this.
  7. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

@sumimohan

The cycle getting delayed is not a positive sign (Doesn't necessarily mean it is a negative sign either).If you have missed your AF date, it's ok to take a HPT. To stay calm during 2ww, try keeping yourself busy/occupied. exercise, reading,watching movies,going out with friends etc will help. You have mentioned only about yourself. what about your DH? Did he do a SA? Are the results normal? if not, please get it done.
    Baby dust to you.

sumimohan likes this.
  8. sumimohan

sumimohan New IL'ite

@teejay - thanks a lot for taking time to respond.
    Yes his SA tests are quite Ok..nothing alarming. He is precicribed vitamin tablets for 45 days. Doc is ok with the results so far.

The delayed period dobut is coz I was told I ovalated on D11 and today it's D27, so logically speaking the 2 week wait is actually over :) that kind of keeps me hopeful. Do u sound silly and lame, I dono.

9. teejay

teejay Gold IL'ite

What you feel is natural when in tcc. we all have been through it/are going through it.Please do the HPT. what ever the result,better to get it over and done with. I wish you a BFP .

10. Vasumathy

Sumi,
    You can give it a try with high sensitive kits with early morning urine. Or if you have enough patience, wait till worst delay in your cycle. Say it cd29 or anything, the check.
    Stressing or tracking any symptoms is not going to help you in any way..
    Be strong an positive. Things will fall in place.

sumimohan likes this.