Confession…whats Urs For Today?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by justanothergirl, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Parked in a reserved-for-disabled parking spot. Go on.. judge me! Was gone for under a minute, and there were more than 6 other such empty parking spots. I know.. I know.. that is not an excuse.. each person can think like this and park, and soon there will be no spots for the disabled.......

What I am more worried is.. was there a surveillance camera, and can I get a ticket in the mail. :worried:

radv likes this.
  2. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

under a min with 6 spots open... we'll let u go with a "Hmm......cough cough." No judging.
    Surveillance camera ...ah...good point..highly unlikely .

Rihana likes this.
  3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Started a weight-loss journey - gobbled two custard filled doughnuts..num num num !!
    oh gosh why did I eat them - Could I not hold on !!

No I could not hold on.. Crap !! they were so warm , soft and so bloody yummy.DD and DS were "Mom.. why are u so crazy about those custard filled doughnuts".

Walk more distance now to melt down those calories but cannot guarantee if I would not do that again !

There !! I feel much better after I said this out.

4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have to get this off my chest.

On Halloween, a little kid 2.5 or 3 years old, dressed as something I don't know, knocked. Mom was a few feet behind. Kid had apparently been well-prepped on what to say etc. Said 'trick or treat' nicely clearly.

I knelt down to kid's level, put candy in his bag, and said 'there... 4 candies for you'. Kid smiled and turned to walk away. I (stupid stupid stupid) said, 'Can you say thank you?' Kid opened mouth to say 'thank you', just then mom from few feet away told kid to say 'Happy Halloween'.

Confused by the simultaneous directives from two adults, the kid's lips pouted and two tears rolled down.

I never felt more horrible. Me and my 'Can you say thank you'!!!!!!!!!

5. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

A confession of my childhood funny dream..........

as a child I was too fond of chocolates and ice creams.........so I used to dream of living in homes made of chocolate walls and ice cream windows and doors.............whenever hungry, just break a bar from window/wall to eat it.............the bar would replace itself in the wall once taken out.:lol:.......... and I dreamt of living in it and enjoying unlimited food................

childhood fantasy similar to cartoons maybe:)

radv, justanothergirl, Rihana and 3 others like this.
  6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

is it is called both 'trick and treat'! :)

justanothergirl and Rihana like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Son needed my help when he was doing his home works. He asked me to cut some pictures neatly, so that he could paste them in his math book as taught by his teacher. I looked into the pics, and they were all about sun, and moon.
    I thought they were irrelevant to the math book; thus insisted him to paste them in his environment book. Though he was uncertain, he gave up since I insisted him to do so.

Blame my poor teaching and parenting skills. I should have read the notes and contents from the book, instead of blindly believing sun and moon should go to environment. My kid is 5+ and just in the elementary standard.

The next day when I returned home from work, he was sitting on the couch with a loooong face, and did not jump to me as usual. Coz, sir is showing his anger on me.
    It seems, he was the only one who posted differently; thus the teacher asked him to re-do it.

Just to hide my embarrassment before my family, I told my son "Look, you have got a mom, who thinks out of the box. You should be proud about her" and left the place.

I confess for that here.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  8. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

My mini confession: Weekend, boss is on leave. So sitting and writing story instead of working.

Rihana, butterflyice, kaniths and 3 others like this.
  9. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Got a new expensive ring, and wore it to a get together. Used expansive hand gestures extensively and unnecessarily, but still no one noticed or asked about the ring. :(

This thread is going to be the undoing of my carefully constructed IL image. :D

radv, poovai, Amica and 5 others like this.
  10. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Awww, they were busy admiring your pretty hand:p

radv and dimhere like this.