Looking For A Baby Boy Name That Goes Well With The Name Surya

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by sanjaysahu, Sep 29, 2016.

1. sanjaysahu

sanjaysahu New IL'ite

Hi,

Looking for a name for baby boy who has a brother with name SURYA. We are in US and looking for short, simple and easy to pronounce name. Any suggestions would be of great help. Thanks.

2. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

Arya, Aditya n Aadya is all I can think of now... :)

3. sanjaysahu

sanjaysahu New IL'ite

Thanks a lot.

Aditya has become too common and surya and aditya mean the same. may be they will fight:pensive:

And arya was good but i check with american and they said it sounds like a girl name.

Aadya is girl name..right?

4. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Shourya
    Dhairya
    Ameya
    Karthikeya

PhoenixAwoken likes this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Go through these sahasranama of Sun god. You may like something out of it.

some more info:
    http://www.dollsofindia.com/library/surya/
    Different Names of Surya
    Lord Surya is hailed by 108 names. The commonest among them are Aditya, Adideva, Angaraka, Arka, Bhaga, Brahma, Dhanwantari, Dharmadhwaja, Dhatri, Dhumaketu, Indra, Jaya, Maitreya, Prabhakara, Ravi, Rudra, Savitri, Soma, Teja, Vaisravana, Vanhi, Varun and Vishnu.

One hundred and eight names of the sun
    Sun- Surya
    Dhaumya said: Surya, Bhaga, Twastri, Pusha, Arka, Savitri, Ravi, Gabhastimat, Aja, Kala, Mrityu, Dhatri, Prabhakar, Prithibi, Apa, Teja, Kha, Vayu, the sole stay, Soma, Vrihaspati, Sukra, Budha, Angaraka, Indra, Vivaswat, Diptanshu, Suchi, Sauri, Sanaichara, Brahma, Vishnu, Rudra, Skanda, Vaisravana, Yama, Vaidyutagni, Jatharagni, Aindhna, Tejasam, Pati, Dharmadwaja, Veda-karttri, Vedanga, Vedavahana, Krita, Treta, Dwapara, Kali, Full of every impurity, Kala, Kastha, Muhurtta, Kshapa, Yama, and Kshana, Samvatsara-kara, Aswattha, Kalachakra, Bibhavasu, Purusha, Saswata, Vyaktavyakta, Sanatana, Kaladhyaksha, Praja-dhyaksha, Viswakarma, Tamounda, Varuna, Sagara, Ansu, Jimuta, Jivana, Arihan, Bhutasraya, Bhutapati, Srastri, Samvartaka, Vanhi, Sarvadi, Alolupa, Ananta, Bhanu, Kamada, Sarvatomukha, Jaya, Visala, Varada, Manas, Suparna, Bhutadi, Sighraga, Prandharana, Dhanwantari, Dhumaketu, Adideva, Aditisuta, Dwadasatman, Arvindaksha, Pitri, Matri, Pitamaha, Swarga-dwara, Prajadwara, Mokshadwara, Tripistapa, Dehakarti, Prasantatman, Viswatman, Viswatomukha, Characharatman, Sukhsmatman, the merciful Maitreya.

6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Try Ashwin which means light. You'll have the bright sun and light. Besides it also refers to a star. But the sun (surya) is the bigger star of the two (i e to mean older in your case).

Hope your two (rock)stars light up your life with love & warmth.

7. Craziyrmom

Craziyrmom Silver IL'ite

I believe Arya is named for boys too...
    Aadhya is boy s name...I have some frenz who have named their boy so...that's how i even came to know!

8. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Any name ending with -a will sound like a girl's name. I would suggest "Suraj", easy for Americans and also meaning sun.