1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It Is Never A Good Time!!!! Vent!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sandhya13, Sep 29, 2016.

1. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Will some calls or invitations from ur maternal side help for now? Like the mom n dad of ur cousin or ur dad calling and telling him repeatedly about the event.

2. catwalk

catwalk Gold IL'ite

Your wish and concerns are normal. If you have such deep affection with family, why did you choose the life of an NRI? You could have married a person who has Government job in your place and settled there. You could have the same social life as before.

Due to professional reasons and for a better life, you have decided to move abroad. Decision is already made. So you must be ready to sacrifice many things for the sake of your future. You may miss many precious things in your life. You may loose many precious moments in your life. But you have chosen this route and there is no way back.
    You must look forward and take the best solution for your future.

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Your reason for being sad is quite understandable but crying and feeling depressed will not solve this. Please talk to your husband clearly as to what his reasons are. Ask him if its fine if you and the kid go. He can stay back if he has work problem or something else on his mind. As faras green card process is concerned, India trip is not at all going to affect that. You can search up on internet too. Even if you go, you will be back in max couple of months, so that should not have any impact on your visa status. If your husband still is doubtful, try asking someone among friends or acquaintances who have gone through this process.

Sandhya13 likes this.
  4. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I wish I could do that.. lol

Rihana likes this.
  5. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

yes, you were right.. we had an open, calm discussion over the weekend.. recently one of our acquaintances had a visa rejection for different reasons that are not even applicable to us.. but still since we just bought our home (most of savings went as down payment) he is a bit insecure to make a trip right away.. because that means we have to go for visa stamping again and God forbid, if visa is denied we would have huge financial loss..

my point is that this situation is not going to change until we get our GC which is a decade from now.. if he is okay going for a vacation a couple of years from now, then what is the difference? He does not give a straight answer to this question :-(

6. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I am extremely sorry for replying late..

I thank all of you for taking time to respond to me..

I wish I could do that. My DH does not agree to this. He is very concerned about letting me travel with our extremely active 2 year old. Unfortunately I don't have this option :-(

7. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear.. I exactly did that and am not successful so far!!

8. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

Yes, he is not ready yet.. but also unwilling to send me alone with kid..

9. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

If someone told me that I would be a NRI while I was in college, I would just laugh at them because I thought I would never choose to live away from my family.. I just took things as it came in my life and now I am living far away from my FOO.. I don't regret this decision and have no plans to go back and settle down in India.. so I guess I have accepted the bitter truth that I may be missing some/many occasions.. however, I am not going to give up on this as this was something we planned before until DH thought otherwise.. thanks for you reply!

10. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

This is weird. Why do you have to beg him to go? Just book your ticket and inform him you are going and he can join you or not.