1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is This Dress "revealing"?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Rihana, Sep 29, 2016.

1. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

sorry, I misunderstood, I will watch tonight, thanks.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Not the best dress for her body type, but by no means inappropriate. MO can do no wrong in my book.
    Better than the prospect of a First Lady who has left nothing to the imagination, I'd say. :roflmao:

3. Cimorene

Cimorene Platinum IL'ite

Is this an artifice for beckoning me to this apparel section. :wave1:

Lady Rihana, right now, as summer is winding up, I'm heavily desensitised from a season of women whose upper and lower fleshy mounds poking out from their summery tubes and lighter-than-cotton knickers are not only revealing but also a revelation on how these women carry themselves without their tubes slipping off or their teensy knickers billowing.

You show me a slit in Ms Obama's dress and ask me is it revealing?

Yes, I get that she is the First Lady, torch bearer of decorum and all that but I am unable to spot any fashion gaffe here.

(1) The slit in that cutout dress is not aesthetically risqué because the positioning is above the strapless upper edge of a more titillating boob top.
    (2) I don't know the functional purpose, ventilation or something.

I don't see that style as a wardrobe malfeasance. Her attire depicts a social statement rather than a fashion statement. "Hey, FLOTUS is out, ready for some hijinks". Mind you, 2016 is all about slashes, slits and cutover dresses in the populace. She is returning to us!

(I am more worried about Ms Clinton and her burnoose-styled coats when she steps into the White House)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Rihana, pinkRoseBud and KashmirFlower like this.
  4. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So, verdict seems to be that it is not revealing, rather a bad choice.

Yesterday was their 24th anniversary, and Mr. President posted a lovely picture of them on his FB page. Barack Obama - Timeline | Facebook

I also admire Michelle Obama as a person. Her accomplishments, strength and sheer energy are commendable. Dress-sense - not so much. I rather like to observe and admire Kate Middleton's impeccable choices.

yellowmango and KashmirFlower like this.
  5. KashmirFlower

Thanks for sharing the photo, lovely to watch them together always. (Mr. President smile and walking are a treat to watch.)
    Michelle Obama in the beginning years as the first lady, lot is written about how she pick clothes from normal shops like target?(if I remember correctly, or may be something not expensive brands), still how stylish she is etc.

As she is young compared to other first ladies, and she likes experiment and stylish, or may be she is just unique and goes with what her designers' experiments, (She also encourages them to be not stereotyping may be),
    this way I like, the dresses.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Here's one more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/...QLQqeH37t50SCyM4-zeFGtfaOcoFpS_4WXsNuHz8E.jpg

I think she talked about this picture in The Late Show. She mentioned what she was whispering to him at that moment.. Nothing romantic, more like telling him a photoshoot takes time and he should be patient.

This picture is for the ages! What a lovely profile pic and what emotion captured in it! Feeling kind of sad that they'll be leaving the White House. Whoever is the next one, it just won't be the same. Not at all!

KashmirFlower likes this.
  7. KashmirFlower

Nice Picture. Thank You.
    Yea.
    I too like to see photographs of Kate Middleton, but annoying to read about skirt lenghts , queen said so and so etc.

8. Devikaa

Devikaa Senior IL'ite

Hello Rihana,
    From my point is flaunting some privet parts of body that is OK for some people, that is "Reveling".
    And America's first lady wore pretty good outfit in above picture. :thumbup:

9. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I find these peek a boo clothings kind of silly and lacking in class(except maybe at the shoulders.) I think it would look more classy if there was no cloth above the slit .

Once I saw a picture of an actress wearing a full body suit with a hole cut at the belly to show the belly button. I have never found anything as vulgar. She would have looked more classy with just the boots on and nothing else.

10. mitali123

mitali123 Bronze IL'ite