1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It Is Never A Good Time!!!! Vent!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Sandhya13, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I am very upset about something and it is bothering me so much. I want to share it with all of you and that would definitely make me feel better.

This is about our vacation plan to India and I just realized that it will never be a good time for that all because of my DH. I believe he is postponing our India trip just because he has some fears/thinks it is not a good time. But I feel it will never be a good time and I am just tearing up whenever I think of it.

Our DS is going to turn 2 and we were supposed to visit India for a short trip when he was around 1 just to show our child to our families and to have a good time. However, at that time, my family were searching for a bride for my cousin brother in full swing. So, DH told that lets wait for a while and go for his marriage. I thought that was a great idea. I am very close with my maternal side of the relatives i.e. my aunts/uncles are like second set of parents for me and my cousins (1 girl, 2 boys all younger to me) are just like my own younger sister to me.

We are still on H1 waiting for our GC and going by how things are right now, it might take over a decade to get there. We very recently bough a house too.

My cousin brother's wedding is in Dec and now (since past few weeks/months) my DH is saying that we cannot go because it does not look like a good time :-( He says that our visa and his passport validity is less than a year and he does not think we should plan for a vacation now. Moreover we just now bought a home on mortgage. The thing is since our i-140 is approved we are eligible to extend the visa innumerable times until we get our green card. And his passport is valid at least as long as his visa. He is very stubborn and I am finding it hard to reason him.

I am crying everyday inside that I will miss the occasion and a chance to see everyone at one place which is very handy in India trips. I wouldn't have to travel to see them. I cannot imagine what my mom, sis, cousins and everybody else will go through if I say we are not coming for the wedding. Especially my mom will break down. My DH is saying that we will plan 2 years later after we have the second one. It has already been 4 years since I visited India. And my parents came once here in between; however, they cannot come in any near future.

Have you ever had to deal with a situation like this where your heart yearns to be there but for whatever reasons couldn't make it? And how do you cope up?

My problem is that we actually could make it if DH would allow. It is just him not allowing us to go. I will keep trying to convince him.

2. eternalnomad

eternalnomad Silver IL'ite

Just go to India with your child. If your husband is making excuses, leave him at home.

sindmani, Sparkle, Sandhya13 and 3 others like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Even better, leave him in the airport. :p

anika987, Sandhya13, Laks09 and 5 others like this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Something else bothering him...perhaps?.
    Play along for a few days and see if he opens up.
    How are things on his work front?

Sandhya13 likes this.
  5. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

OP,

Don't wait for him, if you want just go by yourself with the kid and it is far better than fighting/arguing in front of your side of the family.

anika987 likes this.
  6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I hope this is with sarcasm at its peak

Sandhya13 and Rihana like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ask your husband whether it is ok to go alone. If his work, visa and some other matters are bothering him, then don't disturb him right now. May be he is actually not ready. May be he sees some red flags when it comes to visa processing with the travel. Whatever it may be, probe him further with an option that he doesn't have to come if he really doesn't wanna come.
    If he agrees to your lone visit (of course with the kid) now, then understand his concerns and prepare to go alone.
    Don't worry about the lone trip. You will make it. Good luck.

Sandhya13, madras2018 and rajkumarxxx like this.
  8. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Oh Sandhya, sorry to read your post here. Hope to help you in some means.

Do you think other than visa issues your H has some other red flags in India which he is trying to avoid?? because 4 years is already too late, and then 2 more years of wait will be very long indeed. Talk about this to your H.

If its only visa issues, then try to ask him multiple times citing the reason that after the second one it might be even more troublesome to manage two kids and money wise also it may demand more than the current situation. If this doesnt work, then you may probably have to travel alone.

Best of luck, Sandy !! TC :)

Sandhya13 likes this.
  9. kcb

kcb IL Hall of Fame

OP, if it's not a good time for your H, then you go with your son to India and enjoy the occasion.

Let your H wait for the right time to visit India :)

Sandhya13 and madras2018 like this.
  10. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@Sandhya13
    Men are always men, they never go by emotions like us. My DH did the same thing when he got H1 and postponed his trip so many times due to same reason us DH mentioned and whet to india after 6 years after he got this EAD.
    I would suggest, you go alone with DS and have good time with them, instead of requesting DH.

Sandhya13 and madras2018 like this.