1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Is This Dress "revealing"?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by Rihana, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vaikuntha and anika987 like this.

2. Rihana

Here's one more picture of Michelle Obama from the same interview:
    https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...e-Obama-Response-Melania-Trump-Plagiarism.jpg

I thought the placement of the 'horizontal slit' was not appropriate. That looks better on black burkhas - where beautiful, mysterious kohl lined doe eyes peep out at the world through such slit.

I wouldn't allow my child to wear such a dress till she is not an adult. Not that I am overly strict. Short dresses are fine. Back revealing dresses are fine. A low neck is fine. But such a artistically placed slit... no.

I think for a TV interview, it does not suit a lady of Michelle Obama's prominence and position.

And even as I cringe at turning into my mom, I have to think aloud - why do women wear such dresses, and then tell men, "My eyes are on my face" when men but look at the slit in the dress?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  3. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    You seem to have been more into Fashion and Apparels nowadays. Lol.
    Ok, my answer lies in my 'likes'.
    Take care,
    Vaidehi

anika987 and Rihana like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I love fashion and I actually love women trying out fashion as long as it is not vulgar..this dress may not be appropriate for the occasion,but if she wore the same to clubs..why not? :)
    For me,as long as you look good in what you wear and for the right occasion it is fine.However,the dress is more like a club wear.

For me,it is not about revealing but who wears what and how/when/where.In the below pics, i think namitha looks vulgar and tammanna is cute even though she is wearing revealing clothes and low cut.Not coz of slim or healthier BUT wearing according to body shape.If namitha wore looser tops she would have looked better.
    , namitha_13699764209.jpg tamanna-bhatia-hot-photos-2.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  5. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

I find it inappropriate . But then u are talking to a dinosaur I also find very short skirts/dresses/ deep cut blouses distasteful at work and unnecessary.

6. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Its interesting that I just finished watching that interview and so this thread on IL. When I saw that dress, I was shocked as to how can she wear such a dress for an interview on a TV network. Just inappropriate. Also, not classy to have a horizontal slit across the chest while the rest of the neck covered. It makes it difficult to take eyes off of the slit.

Lakshmi6197, Rihana and vaidehi71 like this.
  7. Rihana

Start of festival season. : )
    This is as taciturn a response as one a man might give to "How do I look" from wife. : )

pumpkin01 and vaidehi71 like this.
  8. Rihana

Yes, not for this occasion.
    I get what you are saying, but the comparison is not fair. Tammanna is wearing a summery, pleasant colored, feminine dress. Namitha is dressed for riding a motorbike. : )

anika987 likes this.
  9. Rihana

Not dinosaur.. le mot juste agreed upon and adopted in E&PG is now 'old hag'. : ) With @Gauri03 's post being the first sighting of it.. I asked who it applied to.. To anyone who's name has Ji appended. : ) Then, we gently broke it to to @kaniths 'no entry to the club' and after that I came across a post in which @Cimorene is precociously seeking entry to the club, and even cinching complements about (non)hag looks. : )

: ) Nice to agree with you, JAG. Is getting rarer now-a-days, no? : )

kaniths and justanothergirl like this.
  10. Rihana

So I guess no heroine in your stories will ever wear such a 'peekaboo' dress. : ) : )

I swear I burst out laughing when I saw the show. As I really imagined two 'burkha' eyes peeping out. : )

'while the rest of the neck covered' - exactly.

Lakshmi6197 and Akanksha1982 like this.