Tests To Rule Out Ivf Is The Only Possibility

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by msms, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hysteroscopy is through vaginal procedure. Lap done through 2-3 holes.
    In hysteroscopy, they will collect endometrium tissues and send it for biopsy. It is to know if the endo tissues are of good condition or not. I don't know if its taking tb tests are not. Its done under ga.
    I don't remember how they do tb test. Please check old threads.
    They might do all routine blood work on hormones starting from lh, FSH, prolactin, sugar & so on too. May be HIV tests too.

2. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hysteroscopy is a minor procedure done to study the uterus before an IVF.
    It's done under GA.
    The doctor checks the uterus cervix and the openings of the tube.
    They also take some endometrium and send for TB PCR.
    Any problems like minor adhesions , polyps are taken care of.
    This is not a major surgery , u get discharged the same day.
    If ur considering IVF would suggest u do this before transfer .. cos this is the most definite test to check the uterus and thereby ensure there is no obstacle to a successful implantation.
    All the best ..!

3. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

I too suffered from unexplained infertility and went through every single procedure before moving to IVF. To begin with I had Blood, Urine, HSG, thyroid (blood test and ultrasound), AIDS, chromosome testing . My DH went for Aids, sperm motility and chromosome test. All the test came out normal. Then we were told to have times sex i.e. after every period I was called in for blood work and TVS to detrmine my ovulation and time baby dance at that period, we did that for a year with no success, then had 6 rounds of IUI (3 with clomid, 3 with injections : Result- unsuccessful) After the unsuccessful IUI attempt I underwent hysteroscopy. After a break of 6 months we went for IVF's (4 rounds of which only one resulted in transfer but with no success). After examining the eggs and embryos (from IVF) the experts came to the conclusion that I cannot conceive with my own eggs! So went on for Donor egg cycle but God had some different plans for us, the decided donor gave false information about weight and some medical condition so that cycle didn't happen and in turn of events I was pregnant naturally and again expecting baby#2 in February.

All the best and don't lose hope!

subashini07 likes this.
  4. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks @Vasumathy @Agony and @aspha your posts really mean alot.

I spoke to my doc and told her that we are still not mentally prepared for ivf. And our problem is not diagnosed yet. She said its ok we will do iui again this cycle. Then next cycle if you want i will do all tests like genetic test etc. Regarding my probem, she said age is yiur problem, amh is problem and egg is not getting released is the problem:(.
    @aspha your story is so inspiring...gad will have some plans for us also...When i told about you to DH..he said..thats why i say leave this treatment and lets enjoy life...it will happen when time comes. He is more worried about after effects of these medicines and treatment. But i am being desperate right now. @Vasumathy how are you doing? Hows your Lo? Take care
    @Agony How are you doing? Is your itching problem solved? Take care..:)

Agony and ashima10 like this.
  5. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

It will happen ! I know it will . Plus one to your hubby !best wishes !

msms likes this.
  6. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Hello there,

We both are doing good :)
    Yes, with gods grace and everyones prayers the liver function tests r good and the itching has completely stopped.
    Pls keep us both in ur prayers.

Do not go for ivf , if ur aren't thoroughly prepared.
    If u don't mind me asking, how old r u?
    I ask this as u said ur doctor said age is against u.
    What's the recent AMH?
    After 35 , the quality of eggs go down.
    So I would advise u make up ur mind and decide what's the best plan.
    And always keep faith in god , he has a plan for all his angels..
    All the best !

ashima10 likes this.
  7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Msms,
    We are good. Hope you are feeling better with another iui attempt.
    Take up basic diagnostics after that cycle. Take it slow, that will prepare your mind.

But why egg is not getting released after hcg shot? What was was your injection dose? 5000iu or 10000iu?

At times pregnancy happens on it's own.. Sometimes need little medical intervention too.. Just get that support. Don't push yourself hard in all directions.

Baby dust to you.

8. msms

msms Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone. @Agony My amh 3 months back was 1.2. After that i took ovares plus, now don't know how much is it. I am 35 now. That is making me worry too much. My DH keeps giving me examples of his colleagues who arr elder than me and getting pregnant. Though we made up our mind for ivf but the procedure is making him scared, me too.
    @Vasumathy i was taking hcg 5000iu but teo injections. After rupture also my follicles used to be there, though they used to get shrink. But still this is the main problem she said.
    Now she has given me ubiphene100 and consevel. I am feeling better that she understood and told to go for iui. But that negativity is there in mind that this will also work or not..:(.

9. 28neha

28neha Platinum IL'ite

@msms All the best for iui dear...
    Keep in mind that, Jo bhi hoga dekha jayega:)

ashima10 and msms like this.
  10. Agony

Agony Gold IL'ite

Don't panic so soon ..
    35 is fine these days .. I have seen woman over 35 conceiving on their own .. so relax.
    What is the cause of delay in ur case ?
    Was it male infertility? Pls correct me if iam wrong.

If u aren't ovulating with 5k IU hCG then ur doctor should give u 10kIU.
    Be patient and keep faith ..
    It will happen soon ..
    Everything has a solution these days ..
    So relax and take it as it comes..